Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree344Likes

Thread: More open racism in Trump's America

His boss expressed support for him being able to express his opinions on social media. He's posted racial stuff before without getting into trouble.

Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

California prosecutor who made offensive social media posts put on leave

GREG NASH
    BY MAX GREENWOODTWEET SHARE EMAILA prosecutor in San Bernardino County, Calif., has been placed on administrative leave after offensive social media posts targeting Rep. Maxine Waters (D-Calif.), immigrants in the country illegally and others surfaced.

Michael Selyem, the top gang prosecutor in the San Bernardino County District Attorney's Office, has been suspended from the job until an investigation into his comments wraps up, District Attorney Michael Ramos said in a statement.

"The San Bernardino County District Attorney's Office does not condone hate, discrimination or incitement of violence," Ramos said. "Our community and the entire criminal justice system depends on having fair, ethical, and unbiased prosecutors."

Selyem came under fire after his social media rants emerged, triggering calls for his resignation. The San Bernardino Sun first reported the existence of an investigation into his comments.

Selyem's posts went after an array of targets, including Waters, former first lady Michelle Obama and the victim of a police shooting.

"Being a loud-mouthed c--- in the ghetto you would think someone would have shot this bitch by now," Selyem reportedly said of Waters.

And in an online argument over a police-involved shooting, Selyem reportedly wrote: "That shitbag got exactly what he deserved. ... You reap what you sow. And by the way go f--- yourself you liberal shitbag," according to The Sun.

The comments first came to the attention of the district attorney's office on June 28, Ramos said, adding that the office "took immediate steps to initiate a personnel investigation." The Sun, however, reported that an initial complaint was actually made on June 25.

That investigation could result in disciplinary action against Selyem, including possible termination, Ramos said.

California prosecutor who made offensive social media posts put on leave | TheHill
    HWBL and Brookie like this.

and I'm right out of tiny violins
    OCD, BITTER and Waterslide like this.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

I hope there's been a report to the California bar on that guy.
    OCD, Brookie, needmeds and 1 others like this.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

Chris Hayes@chrislhayes

GOP congressional candidate Seth Grossman posted an approving link to a white-supremacist article arguing "blacks are different by almost any measure to all other people. They cannot reason as well. They cannot communicate as well. They cannot control their impulses as well."

7:25 PM - 9 Jul 2018

Really? So why are all the mass shooters white?
    HWBL, twitchy2.0, Mivvi21 and 9 others like this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

The notion that this goober could be superior to ANYONE would be laughable if it wasn't all so scary and dangerous. FFS, why are all these white supremacists such unimpressive specimens? Even Leni Riefenstahl couldn't make that shit look aspirational.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Silver Member

Well Mr Grossman, it wasn't so long ago that the Nazis were saying such things about the jews.

Maybe if Grossman could control his impulses better and reason better, he wouldn't have communicated such a shitty thought.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

Quote Originally Posted by Duchess of Verona View Post
    Well Mr Grossman, it wasn't so long ago that the Nazis were saying such things about the jews.
    They're saying them now. Antisemitism hasn't gone anywhere.
    Brookie, Nevan and czb like this.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

I sent a complaint to Amazon customer service...condescending bullshit. I told them that they were pathetic and so thirsty for profits that they lost their soul.
    Brookie, Jadestone and Serendipity like this.
    "To be [black] in this country and to be relativity conscious is to be in a rage almost all of the time." ~ James Baldwin

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Two today and I've only glanced through the news.

A man has been arrested in Des Plaines, Illinois for hate speech after racially abusing a woman wearing a Puerto Rico t-shirt while a police officer stood by and did nothing, despite being asked to intervene several times. The arrest only came after a second officer arrived on the scene. The first officer was put on desk duty and has since resigned.

Drunken man who berated a woman for wearing a Puerto Rico shirt charged with a hate crime* | Daily Mail Online

A black man in Indianapolis was thrown out of his apartment complex swimming pool despite showing his key to the complex security officer (who was also an off duty police officer) as proof that he was a resident and having it confirmed by the complex management.

Black man told to leave pool at his apartment complex in Indianapolis | Daily Mail Online
    Brookie likes this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

I'm so angry about all of this...it's important to keep one's cool. Have to keep selling myself that.
    "To be [black] in this country and to be relativity conscious is to be in a rage almost all of the time." ~ James Baldwin

Kentucky governor under fire after saying black kids playing chess "not something you necessarily would have thought of" https://t.co/mEGCFje8iz https://t.co/Sqf0nkXrEF

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread Information