Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617
Like Tree336Likes

Thread: More open racism in Trump's America

This .... teacher .... is a piece of work! Hey, Trump, come and arrest the immigrant MINORS that I am forced to teach because they hate the US flag. Seriously??
    "No. I love my grudges. I tend to them like little pets." -Madeline Martha Mackenzie

Spirituality is not religion. Religion divides people. Belief in something unites them.

Don't tell me not to worry ... worrying is what I do best!

Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

"Police say on Wednesday, Varnado was shopping at the local store when she was confronted by a store manager about shoplifting feminine hygiene products. During the exchange, police say a customer walked up to them and intervened. Witnesses say the man, who FALSELY claimed to be a Chicago police officer, argued with the 46-year-old woman before ultimately shooting her in the head and running away."
    https://www.facebook.com/OccupyDemoc...1547859867396/

***** celeb

***** celeb

I don't know what to make of this story. The man was in his full uniform. Did the security guard think that he was pretending to be a police officer?

White security guard is caught on surveillance video pulling his gun on a uniformed black sheriff's deputy in an IRS office because he was ARMED

• Lucas County Sheriff's deputy Alan Gaston was on duty when he stopped by an IRS office in Toledo, Ohio on May 31 to ask about a letter he had received
    • The deputy was dressed in his full sheriff's office uniform with his badge and gun clearly visible when he entered the office
    • Security guard Seth Eklund pulled his gun on Gaston after telling the deputy that he had to lock his gun in his car before entering the office
    • Gaston had refused to get rid of his gun because he was still on duty and subsequently tried to leave the office
    • The guard followed Gaston to the elevator with his gun drawn the whole time
    • Several police were caught on surveillance responding to the scene after someone in the office called 911
    • Eklund is facing an aggravated menacing charge and will face court this week

By EMILY CRANE FOR DAILYMAIL.COM
    PUBLISHED: 07:49 EDT, 15 July 2019 | UPDATED: 08:42 EDT, 15 July 2019

A white security guard in Ohio is facing criminal charges after he was caught on surveillance video pulling a gun on a black sheriff's deputy in full uniform because he was armed.

Lucas County Sheriff's deputy Alan Gaston was on duty when he stopped by an IRS office in Toledo on May 31 to ask about a letter he had received.

The deputy was dressed in his full sheriff's office uniform with his badge and gun clearly visible when he entered the office.

Gaston said the security guard, Seth Eklund, told him he could only enter the office if he put his gun in his car.

+6

Lucas County Sheriff's deputy Alan Gaston was on duty and dressed in his full uniform when he stopped by an IRS office in Toledo, Ohio on May 31 to ask about a letter he had received

+6

Gaston said the security guard, Seth Eklund, told him he could only enter the office if he put his gun in his car. When Gaston told him he couldn't because he was still on duty, the security guard drew his gun (above) and followed the deputy out of the office

The deputy said he couldn't do that seeing as he was still on duty so he decided to leave the office.

Surveillance video obtained by 13ABC shows Gaston walking out of the office before the security guard follows him with his gun pointed at the deputy's back.

The guard followed Gaston to the elevator with his gun drawn the whole time.

He tried to take Gaston into custody as he went to get into the elevator.

Gaston, who works as a defensive tactics instructor, said he thought the best way to handle the situation was to try and walk away.

'(I was) basically preparing myself to be shot at that moment. Bracing for a shot in my back,' Gaston said.

'There's really no way to know how you're going to act when there's a gun pointed at you and when you think you're going to lose your life.'

+6

+6

Surveillance video shows Gaston, who was dressed in his full sheriff's office uniform (left), walking out of the office before the security guard (right) follows him with his gun pointed at the deputy's back

+6

The guard followed Gaston to the elevator with his gun drawn the whole time. He tried to take Gaston into custody as he went to get into the elevator

Someone inside the IRS office called 911 during the ordeal and several police officers were caught on the surveillance video arriving to find Gaston and the security guard still standing by the elevators.

The person who called 911 never mentioned that the man with the gun was a uniformed officer.

The security guard could be heard telling the officers: 'He's got a gun and he won't leave'.

Eklund is now facing an aggravated menacing charge and is expected to face court this week.

Gaston has also filed a lawsuit against Eklund and the security guard for compensation, saying he has suffered emotional and psychological distress from the incident.

The deputy has been on medical leave from the sheriff's office since the ordeal.

+6

Someone inside the IRS office called 911 during the ordeal and several police officers were caught on the surveillance video arriving to find Gaston and the security guard still standing by the elevators. The 911 caller never mentioned that Gaston was a uniformed officer

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...fs-deputy.html

Umm, is this a joke? Where I live, if you’re on duty, your weapon is on you at all times. I know cops that are required to take their weapon even when they’re not on-duty. Here, this kind of thing would have escalated with numerous armed cops showing up in “panic” mode if there was an armed security guard holding a sheriff’s officer at gunpoint. Kudos to the original sheriff’s officer for keeping his cool and not pulling his own gun and excerbating the situation further. Especially if the guard (does he know his place in the pecking order? is he on a deluded power trip?) was trying to arrest an actual armed police officer. We have armed on duty police officers at each and every school. They wear their gun when they stop at WaWa for a coffee. It’s on them at all times, so the sight of an officer wearing a gun is very normal here. That the security guard and the employees (who called 911 and said there was a man with a gun and he wouldn’t leave) thought the security guard was in the right astounds me. He was in full uniform! In fact, if this played out here, the guard would have been tackled hard and taken into custody.
    "No. I love my grudges. I tend to them like little pets." -Madeline Martha Mackenzie

Spirituality is not religion. Religion divides people. Belief in something unites them.

The officer had a vest so he was protected and I'm sure that made it easier for him to keep his cool. The security guard trying to lie about the incident to the arriving police officers is a goddamn idiot and needs to be fired and have his armed security certification revoked.
    Last edited by greysfang; Yesterday at 11:52 AM.
    Serendipity, Nevan and HWBL like this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Paul blart saves the day.

In all seriousness, how stupid was that security guard. He should be in charge of nothing.
    Nevan likes this.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

I'm still trying to figure out what the security guard was trying to accomplish. He had to have known that the surveillance tape would show the officer walking away with him running after him with his gun drawn. Where was the "refusing to leave" portion of the tape? The person that called the police could have gotten that officer killed by not telling dispatch that he appeared to be a uniform officer.
    Nevan and HWBL like this.

I don't think he should be allowed to supervise even an ant farm without rigorous training and certification.
    Nevan and HWBL like this.

I'm pretty sure he didn't have the right to ask him to leave in the first place. It was an IRS office, which is a government building.

The people who are trying to defend Barnie Fife are variously arguing that this the deputy sheriff should never have come into the building armed in the first place. That is is some kind of violation of federal regulations to come in armed. I seriously doubt this applies to a law-enforcement officer, though.

They have stated that the security guard might be suspicious this is an actual deputy sheriff and not an impostor coming to shoot up the place. Besides having a complete uniform with visible badge, I'm pretty sure an attack of this nature is unprecedented in American history.

They have also stated that this guy had no business taking care of a personal matter on police time. However, this presumes that police are not entitled to breaks throughout the day where they can do something like pay a fee, eat a meal, or use the effing bathroom.
    ShimmeringGlow, Nevan and HWBL like this.

You see the cop calmly and clearly walking away in this clip...

https://twitter.com/ABC/status/1150905095426457600?s=20

Security guard pleads not guilty after pulling gun on Ohio sheriff's deputy in IRS office. (link: https://abcn.ws/32tegXz) abcn.ws/32tegXz

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617

Thread Information