Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617 LastLast
Like Tree322Likes

Thread: More open racism in Trump's America

These 3 vids ^^^ are from 1 week.....
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Black man threatened by 8 cops while picking up trash in front of his house.

Source: Rawstory

• Boulder police detain black man for picking up trash (YouTube)

Colorado cops detain black man at gunpoint for picking up trash: ‘This is my house — I live here’

Travis Gettys
    06 Mar 2019 at 06:24 ET

Police detained a black Colorado man who was picking up trash outside his own home.

A Boulder police officer questioned the man after spotting him Friday morning picking up trash with a clamper in a partially enclosed patio behind a “private property” sign, and he asked whether the man was authorized to be there, reported The Daily Camera.

The man, whose identity has not been released, told the officer he lived and worked in the building, and presented his school identification card, but the officer detained him for further investigation and called for additional assistance, saying the man was uncooperative.

A roommate began recording the encounter, and video posted online shows the man trying to explain that he lives in the building and did not have a weapon.

“You’re on my property with a gun in your hand, threatening to shoot me, because I’m picking up trash,” the man says. “I don’t have a weapon! This is a bucket, this is a clamp.”

“I’m not sitting down and you can’t make me,” the man says as additional officers arrive. “This is my property, this is my house — I live here.”

The man counts out eight officers at the scene, and the first officer holsters his firearm after the man lays down his clamp device.

Police have launched an internal investigation of the incident.
    Shinola likes this.

***** celeb

Follow up

Source: Dailycamera.com

Boulder council grills police chief, community speaks out about incident in which officers confronted man picking up trash

By Cassa NiedringhausStaff Writer

Posted: 03/05/2019 11:37:38 PM MST
    Updated: 03/05/2019 11:38:01 PM MST

During Tuesday's City Council meeting, Megan, who refused to give her last name, at right, holds a sign related to the Boulder Police Department's internal investigation regarding an incident in which officers confronted a man picking up trash in his own yard. (Jeremy Papasso / Staff Photographer)

Audience members at the Boulder City Council meeting Tuesday held aloft trash grabbers and clacked them as Police Chief Greg Testa briefed council members about an incident in which officers confronted a black man who was picking up trash at his own house.

On Friday morning, a Boulder police officer asked the man, who was sitting in a partially enclosed patio area, if he was allowed to be there. The man told the officer he lived and worked in the building. He gave the officer his school identification card, but the officer detained the man to investigate further.

The officer then made a request over the radio for additional assistance to respond, saying the man was uncooperative and unwilling to put down a blunt object. Several other officers, including a supervisor, responded. Police found the object the man was holding is a device used to pick up trash.

"This is an extremely concerning issue, and one that we are taking very seriously," Testa said, reading a prepared statement to council Tuesday.
    An internal affairs investigation is ongoing, and the initial responding officer is on administrative leave, he said.

Testa said the man police confronted did nothing wrong or unlawful. He also confirmed that one officer drew his gun, though he said the officer pointed it at the ground. Based on preliminary information, other officers also wielded a less-lethal shotgun and a shield, he said.

Council members grilled Testa about the unfolding internal affairs investigation and what information would be publicly available from it; the ways in which the department would learn from the incident; and the status of the department's examination of bias issues.

Councilwoman Lisa Morzel asked what policy dictates officers drawing weapons, and Testa replied that when officer perceive a threat that could result in serious bodily injury or death, it is reasonable for them to unholster their guns. An officer might hold it in a downward position, he said.
    "Right, but they still have their hand on an unholstered pistol, correct?" Morzel said.

She also asked about what policy governs the number of officers that respond. In a video of the incident posted to social media, the man taking the video can be heard saying eight officers responded to the scene.

"I can only assert that given the information that was there, that was why the number of officers arrived," Testa said. "I don't want to make an assumption because an investigation is ongoing."

Councilman Aaron Brockett asked about the status of data the department is collecting in a review of bias issues.

Testa said a report, based on the past 12 months worth of data collection, is due to be published next month.

The incident also was the subject discussion during the open comment period. Charles Lief, president of Naropa University, of which the man who was confronted by officers is a student, told council members the incident is "by far the most difficult one for us to address with respect to our relationships in the city of Boulder".

He added the man has expressed through his family he is not interested in becoming a symbol of an issue within the city.

"I do not want to underestimate the amount of trauma that was experienced by our student, who was the victim in this situation," Lief said.
    He said the city needs to take charge in addressing racism, and he offered conversations with Naropa as part of that process.

"Students, staff and faculty of color at Naropa, and other institutions, have all experienced various degrees of racism living in this community," he said.

Council members were receptive to that and said there needed to be discussion about racism in the community. City Manager Jane Brautigam said the city is taking a deep dive right now in understanding structural racism.

In another open comment, Sammie Lawrence told council that as a young black man from Sacramento who has closely followed the case of Stephon Clark — a young black man who last year was fatally shot by Sacramento police officers — this incident was terrifying. He implored council to take it seriously.

"This is terrifying," he said. "This is very scary. ... I really hope you take this seriously, because I deserve peace of mind as part of this community."

Fly_On_TheWall2 likes this.

***** celeb

Last edited by HWBL; March 8th, 2019 at 04:01 AM.
    Fly_On_TheWall2 likes this.

***** celeb

Waterslide and Witchywoman like this.

***** celeb

^^^
    she’s amazing. “But my son doesn’t walk the same path as yours does”. Why is it so hard for people to u defat and that?

I’m actually surprised Arkansas doesn’t have a “stand your ground” law, but utterly unsurprised that no amount of facts pointing at the racist nature of these laws can sway republican lawmakers from trying to pass them everywhere.
    HWBL, Jadestone and Waterslide like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

***** celeb

***** celeb

***** celeb

***** celeb

Black man is racially profiled while playing basketball with his kids IN FRONT OF HIS HOUSE in Texas. The police say he's wanted in Louisiana although he lives in Texas and calls him about 3 different names.

I guess that stupid, fucking, racist cop thought "they all look alike". Goddamn, this makes me so angry.

***** celeb

***** celeb

Unfortunately it's not on YouTube, but on FB: https://www.facebook.com/OccupyDemoc...33222010651463

***** celeb

A teacher asked Trump to round up ‘illegal students’ — in tweets she says she thought were private

Alex Horton
    Some of Georgia Clark's tweets to President Trump. (Some of Georgia Clarks tweets to President Trump. Fort Worth ISD)Georgia Clark, a veteran high school English teacher in Fort Worth, had an urgent request for President Trump: She needed help pulling undocumented immigrants from her school.
    “Mr. President, Fort Worth Independent School District is loaded with illegal students from Mexico,” Clark wrote May 17 on her now-deleted Twitter account, @Rebecca1939, in tweets that led to her termination.
    “Anything you can do to remove the illegals from Fort Worth would be greatly appreciated,” she wrote in another tweet.
    Clark was careful in her approach, she believed, and told the president she needed guarantees her identity would be protected when action was taken. “Texas will not protect whistle blowers. The Mexicans refuse to honor our flag,” she wrote.
    Clark says she didn’t mean for everyone to see her thoughts and requests on immigration. She says she believed the tweets were private between her and the president.
    “Ms. Clark stated she did not realize the tweets were public,” the Fort Worth Independent School District said in a review, a copy of which was obtained by The Washington Post. Clark acknowledged that the tweets were hers, the review said.
    The very public messages have now embroiled her school district in scandal — and less than three weeks after she authored them, they got her fired.
    But Clark “intends to request a hearing for the purpose of contesting the proposed action against her contract,” her attorney Brandon Brim said Wednesday.
    At a Tuesday meeting, eight school board members voted unanimously to terminate Clark’s contract after more than a dozen people spoke out against her during public comments.
    No one spoke in her defense.
    "Her comments were hurtful, irresponsible, misleading and distrustful to the students she is supposed to protect and educate,” one woman told the board. Speaking after the decision, District Superintendent Kent P. Scribner said Clark’s conduct “warranted our recommendation for termination.”

The inquiry substantiated “inappropriate behavior” in violation of district regulations. Clark was placed on administrative leave with pay on May 29, two days before the last day of school, district spokesman Clint Bond said.
    Clark’s tweets angered parents and others, prompting a response from Scribner.
    “Let me reiterate our commitment that every child in the District is welcome and is to be treated with dignity and respect,” Scribner wrote May 29 on Facebook.
    The response was so strong that the district, in a later post, urged parents and guardians to refrain from harsh language.
    “I’m very surprised and concerned that this cruel woman has been berating our precious children for years,” a woman wrote in response to Scribner. “Where was FWISD???” she asked, referring to the Fort Worth Independent School District.
    The Supreme Court ruled in Plyler v. Doe that public schools are required to provide schooling for children regardless of their immigration status. Schools cannot ask students about their immigration status or report them or family members to federal immigration authorities.
    A special education teacher gave her autistic student a year-end award: ‘Most annoying’
    Clark, an English teacher at Carter-Riverside High School, has worked with the district since 1998, the review said, and has a history of violations — including insulting her students’ ethnicity. Even before the tweets came to light, the district was already investigating separate allegations of derogatory remarks by Clark in the classroom.
    Last month, when one student asked to go to the bathroom, Clark told the student to “show me your papers that are saying you are legal,” a student told investigators in an account corroborated by another student.
    She denied to investigators that she made the comment, which the report claims occurred May 17 — the same day Clark tweeted at Trump multiple times about what she perceived as illegal immigration in Fort Worth and in the school district.
    Fort Worth’s population is about a third Hispanic, according to city data.
    In 2007, Clark kicked a student, the review said, though an investigation determined it was “without malice.” In 2013, she was disciplined for referring to a group of students as “little Mexico” and called another student “white bread.” Those allegations proved to be true, according to the review.
    Julio Argueta, a graduate of a Fort Worth high school and student at nearby Texas Christian University, told the board he was an immigrant student and said Clark’s behavior could have severe and lasting impacts.
    “Why did we wait until now?” Argueta asked the board, the Fort Worth Star-Telegram reported. “We need to fire this teacher, and we need to prevent her from ever teaching again.”
    Civil rights groups urge consumer bureau to root out discrimination in the student-loan servicing industry Add to list
    Clark had some defenders online. Fort Worth Republican Women, a Facebook group, asked members to contact district officials to counter what they view as overreach.
    “The students were offended by a teacher asking the President, Donald J. Trump, to enforce the law so she’s disciplined?” the group wrote. “Would the same be true if another teacher supported illegal immigration? FWISD has its priorities confused.”
    Clark’s former Twitter account was filled with messages directed to Trump in January and May and containing invective about undocumented immigrants, according to the report.
    “Do you have someone who has looked at the crime statistics across our great nation and documented the number of time an illegal immigrant has committed an act of robbery or murder on American citizens?” she wrote to Trump.
    The president has inaccurately linked violence to unlawful immigrants, who commit crimes at lower rates than U.S.-born Americans.
    But Clark assured Trump that her concerns were legitimate, the tweets show, and on May 17, she left her cellphone number for the White House to call.
    “Georgia Clark is my real name,” she wrote.
    The president has made this claim for over two years — but there is still no evidence. (Meg Kelly/The Washington Post)Reis Thebault contributed to this report.

https://beta.washingtonpost.com/educ...outputType=amp

"Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

Thread Information