Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast
Like Tree344Likes

Thread: More open racism in Trump's America

Kittylady likes this.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

"just" arrested last year
    faithanne, czb, Kittylady and 1 others like this.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

***** celeb

There have been numerous articles stating that blood was drawn from the cop (sometimes it varies, either at the scene or at the hospital). I think that's pretty standard operating procedure. If she was that out of it that she parked her vehicle one floor up and then, well several things ... she at some point realized that the door was already ajar, she was on the wrong floor and then didn't turn the lights on (presumably very near where she was when she fired) until after two rounds ... it sounds like she was either extremely tired, high or drunk. JMO.

The fact that they took the blood of this poor man also may be standard procedure. If it is, it's stupid. But that might have been part of the autopsy, as blood is routinely taken for anyone that did not die of a natural cause. I realize they found marijuana in his apartment, which sounds crass, but this is again probably procedure. It was an active crime scene and I'm sure forensics were all over his apartment.

I am in no way being apologetic for this officer. She's clearly got lots of problems. And my heart aches for this guy, by all accounts he was a great person. But coroner/autopsy procedures might be the reason behind the collection of his blood.
    "No. I love my grudges. I tend to them like little pets." -Madeline Martha Mackenzie

Spirituality is not religion. Religion divides people. Belief in something unites them.

Don't tell me not to worry ... worrying is what I do best!

Her story stinks. His friends say it's highly unlikely that he would have left the door ajar. Also:

"Two women who live on the second floor near where the shooting happened said they heard a lot of noise late Thursday.
    “It was, like, police talk: ‘Open up! Open up!’” Caitlin Simpson, 20, told The Dallas Morning News."

If she thought that was her apartment, she'd be trying the key in the door, not yelling.
    Jadestone likes this.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Her story does stink and I will be surprised if she doesn't serve jail time (I hope a long time). I do remember a couple articles say that she did put her key in the door and the keys at that apartment were electronic and unique ... so if she did try to put her key in the door, how did she not realize the door was already ajar?? And if it wasn't, how did she get in?? I don't buy that his apartment door was ajar either, just because it makes no sense. Why would he be sitting in the dark (maybe he was asleep??) at night with the door half open. So many questions.

I said this in the other thread, but this is an absolute tragedy. This young man (26) was a college graduate, worked for PricewaterhouseCooper, was active in his church and had several charities that he volunteered for. This was a good, solid man and he's dead. I want to know exactly why. I certainly want to see him vindicated and I think the officer is 100% at fault here. I just don't like misinformation, and the meme did have misinformation.
    Jadestone likes this.
    "No. I love my grudges. I tend to them like little pets." -Madeline Martha Mackenzie

Spirituality is not religion. Religion divides people. Belief in something unites them.

Don't tell me not to worry ... worrying is what I do best!

I'm glad the neighbors have stepped up and provided so much proof that it's very difficult for her to have mistaken the apartment as her own or had been able to open the door easily. There's various videos and pics of the doors automatically slamming shut, the apartment numbers lit up brightly, how it's impossible for the electronic keys to accidentally unlock the wrong door, and the earwitnesses who have said she was pounding on his door and yelling for him to open up. All proof, IMO, that she deliberately went to his door (there's been speculation that she went to demand he turn down his music). The fact that they *allegedly* found marijuana in his apartment is irrelevant; whether they found a little bit or a ton she had no motive to shoot him, period.
    Jadestone likes this.

Did you guys see this story on DailyMail? Flips what appears to be the White Power symbol during a live broadcast from the Coast Guard center:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...nd-signal.html

The Coast Guard released a statement on Twitter Friday night saying they were aware of the 'offensive' gesture and the Coast Guard member, who has not been named, was removed from response duties.

'His actions do not reflect those of the United States Coast Guard,' the tweet read.
    Coast Guard Lt. J.B. Zorn added that the incident was under investigation.
    'We're not going to let one person detract from the good work the Coast Guard is doing in the region,' Zorn told NBC News. 'We're going to stay focused.'

***** celeb

***** celeb

Brookie likes this.

***** celeb

Is there a link for that rather than a facebook share thingy?

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    Is there a link for that rather than a facebook share thingy?

https://www.apnews.com/e9667c35af87446d998df1b1d9842b8a

DeSantis not returning cash to donor who called Obama N-word
    By BRENDAN FARRINGTON
    September 20, 2018

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) — Republican U.S. Rep. Ron DeSantis’ campaign for Florida governor said Thursday he will no longer accept money from a donor who used the N-word in a tweet about former President Barack Obama, but said contributions the donor’s company made won’t be returned because they were already spent on the primary.

Campaign spokesman Stephen Lawson said Thursday that money DeSantis and took from Steven Alembik’s company, SMA Communications, was spent before the Aug. 28 primary and the campaign hasn’t taken any money from him or SMA since DeSantis secured the GOP nomination to replace Republican Gov. Rick Scott.

The Democratic affiliated group American Bridge provided a screen shot of Alembik’s tweet, in which he used profanity to describe Obama as a Muslim N-word.

“We’ve said it before, we’ll say it again: we adamantly denounce this sort of disgusting rhetoric,” Lawson said in an email.

SMA Communications donated $2,000 to DeSantis’ campaign and $2,000 to DeSantis’ political committee. Another $11,000 in donations from Alembik and SMA were returned in June, three months before Alembik’s tweet. The campaign wasn’t sure why the money was returned, but said it was unrelated.

SMA Communications’ website lists Ron Desantis’ campaign as a client, but DeSantis’ campaign said that they have not contracted with SMA.

“He is in no way a vendor for us. He’s never done any work for us. Period,” Lawson said.

It’s not the first time race has come up as an issue in the campaign against Democratic Tallahassee Mayor Andrew Gillum, who is hoping to become Florida’s first black governor. The day after the primary, DeSantis said Florida voters shouldn’t “monkey this up” by supporting Gillum. Democrats immediately criticized the comment as racist.

“It is up to Congressman DeSantis to explain to Floridians why he has chosen to associate himself with right wing extremist groups and divisive individuals who want to pit us against one another,” the Gillum campaign said in an email.

Alembik didn’t take a call from The Associated Press on Thursday. Instead, Sean Jackson, chairman of the Black Republicans of South Florida, was handling calls for him.

Jackson said Alembik isn’t a racist and that he has a “plethora of black friends.”

“All of it is false, all of it is incorrect and all of it is a flat out lie,” Jackson said.

He added that Alembik is Jewish, and he said he doesn’t “know too many racist Jews” because “they went through the same thing” as African-Americans.

“The tweet has no relevance and it does not speak to the character of this man,” Jackson said.

Scott can’t seek re-election because of term limits and is instead challenging Democratic U.S. Sen. Bill Nelson.
    twitchy2.0 likes this.

Ah, thank you!

Source: The Guardians of Democracy

Georgia’s GOP Secretary Of State Is Preventing Thousands Of Black Residents From Registering To Vote (He Is Also Running For Governor)

By
    Guardians of Democracy Staff

Published on October 10, 2018

The office of Georgia Secretary of State Brian Kemp, who is running as a Republican candidate for governor, reportedly has 53,000 voter registration applications sitting on hold in his office, the vast majority of which are from black residents.

According to the Associated Press, many applicants may be unaware that their applications have been placed on hold. Tuesday marked the state’s deadline for residents to register to vote in the midterm elections.

Many of these voter applications are on hold due to Kemp’s strict “exact match” verification process, which requires an applicant’s information to match exactly with what is listed by the state’s Department of Driver Services or the Social Security Administration, the AP reports.

The Hill reports:

Voting rights advocates have claimed Kemp’s “exact match” law discriminates against black and minority voters, pointing to the racial makeup of the list of stalled voter registration applications, which is 70 percent black, according to AP.
    Georgia’s population is about 32 percent black, according to U.S. census data.
    Kemp, however, is blaming a voter registration project launched by Abrams for racial disparities on the list of voter registration applications, the AP reported. He told the news service that the New Georgia Project, which Abrams headed as Georgia House minority leader in 2013, was disorganized when it sought to register large swaths of the state’s population. The New Georgia Project targeted black voters.

Kemp’s office said the disparity could be explained by “the higher usage of one method of registration among one particular demographic group,” according to the AP.

Kemp’s Democratic opponent for Georgia governor, Stacey Abrams, has previously accused Kemp of suppressing votes, particularly those of black and minority voters.

Abrams also called Kemp “a remarkable architect of voter suppression.”

Kemp’s campaign spokesman Ryan Mahoney said in a statement to the AP that thanks to Kemp, “it has never been easier to vote in our state.”

***** celeb

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread Information