Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: More Abu Ghraib pictures to be published.

Default Re: More Abu Ghraib pictures to be published.

This may sound paranoid of me, but I don't think this is the Bush Administration alone. I think the entire US government is incredibly corrupt & it goes WAY back. I think that for a long time, they have manipulated & lied to the public to get the reaction it wants. I don't put this on Bush--I think it's just the way our gov. is.
    A loving person lives in a loving world. A hostile person lives in a hostile world. Everyone you meet is your mirror. -Ken Keyes Jr.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

I wish Oprah was in Abu Graihb
    Now, if only Oprah would stop talking about herself long enough to do a nice little expose on the prison, maybe middle-America would wake up. But then, she doesn't want to mess with her base, eh?

As far as Americans knowing or not knowing the full extent of the treachery, I think the jury a still out. American media hasn't exactly been pounding these stories home and when you combine this with the fact that most people get thier news from TV (which features 30 second sound bites and little else) and the fact that most people can't be arsed to suss out the info, you've got the current state of helplessness we have in the States. and I do think it's helplessness--combined with a paralyzing fear based on the knowledge that we somehow unleased a maniac on the world.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

No no, I mean I want her flogged and beaten

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyMix
    You quote a whole bunch of ALLEGED stats from ALLEGED polls. Who took these polls? Were they ever really taken? And, if they were, what were the actual and real percentages?
    Nothing you wrote there means anything to me.

Besides....you still didn't give us a solution.
    Polls by independent research institutes, ones with no ties to either party.. media watchdogs, etc, ones that actually get their business from the impartiality of their findings, or are funded by public groups unbeholden to ridiculous societies like AFA or whatnot. Does anybody read anymore?

Secondly, solutions aren't my problem. I'm not a US citizen. Deal with it yourselves, but to sit there and wail that "Oh we didn't know!" is pure garbage.

The rest of the planet knows.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

ROFL, that's an awfully interesting point to make.

I would be more apt to say nobody has actually tried. I haven't seen any general strikes, or work stoppages.. i haven't seen any other forms of civil disobedience..there's been nothing.

Nobody has done anything in any concerted way.. they've been scared into submission.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

I honestly don't put this on the Bush administration--it is our government as a whole & any other administration is JUST AS CORRUPT as this one. It's just the way it is...
    A loving person lives in a loving world. A hostile person lives in a hostile world. Everyone you meet is your mirror. -Ken Keyes Jr.

I'm not being condescending, i thought the comment was funny. Secondly, if I was an American citizen chances are it would be the same, given that the population is scared into submission, apathetic, or too concerned with themselves to organize any kind of resistance or civil disobedience.

The point stands.

Secondly Elise, the Bush admin has to be the most corrupt, secretive, and blatantly illegal government in North America in a few hundred years. They have repeatedly broken the law, lied, threatened, and done every last evil thing there is and still nobody (least of all the Dems) have done jack shit about it.

At least Nixon got his ass kicked out, and he only did about half what Bush has done, and was much better at hiding it.

I'll trade you: You can deal with the 130 decibal roaring of some broken watermain repairs happening 10 feet outside my office window. I have the biggest headache right now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information