Login to remove the ads!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Mitt Romney On Planned Parenthood: We Will 'Get Rid' Of It

What's round on the ends and high in the middle?

I'm ok with not borrowing from China anymore...but this isn't going to do MR any favors.

On a side note, a friend of mine was just telling me that Margaret Sanger, the Founder of Planned Parenthood was basically a racist eugenicist. Pretty interesting stuff. Kind of sad that someone that was so ahead of the times on educating and helping women could hold those beliefs.

Meh, they all say this. Mittens just says whatever the extreme right of the party wants to hear. I'm not convinced that this is what he actually thinks, unlike with Gingrich and Frothy. If Mittens gets the nomination, he'll move back towards the center because of the independents.

"Creepy, like when Tom Cruise laughs." - Bloodhound Gang

"I don't know anyone who likes Justin Bieber." - Seth Rogen

He such an asshole. Not even any of the conservatives that I know like him. Even they think he's an asshole.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

What's round on the ends and high in the middle?

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeSlice View Post
    He such an asshole. Not even any of the conservatives that I know like him. Even they think he's an asshole.
    Unfortunately he's the best they've got.

Santorum is just plain scary and Gingrich is.. Gingrich.

Wonder if we'll ever get a good 3rd party candidate?

Quote Originally Posted by laynes View Post
    I'm ok with not borrowing from China anymore...but this isn't going to do MR any favors.

On a side note, a friend of mine was just telling me that Margaret Sanger, the Founder of Planned Parenthood was basically a racist eugenicist. Pretty interesting stuff. Kind of sad that someone that was so ahead of the times on educating and helping women could hold those beliefs.
    It's a bit more complex than that. Eugenics was then widely accepted by mainstream science and most educated people, and it really has to be looked at in the context of it's time. Eugenics was also divided into two schools of thought, positive eugenics and negative eugenics. Either way, PP isn't racist now, and that's what counts. Don't buy into the right wing propaganda about it being a nazi type organization looking to wipe out the black race.

What Did Sanger Believe?
    Sanger's relationship with the eugenics movement was complex -- part strategy and part ideology. Many historians now believe that Sanger opposed eugenics along racial lines. Furthermore, Sanger opposed the belief of many eugenicists that poverty was hereditary, asserting instead that poverty, criminal behavior and other social problems were due to environmental factors and were not predetermined.
    American Experience | The Pill | People & Events
    Was Planned Parenthood’s founder racist? - Salon.com
    Last edited by witchcurlgirl; March 14th, 2012 at 09:39 PM.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

Elite Member

So if I ever end up in the situation I was in a few years ago, gainfully employed in healthcare without health insurance benefits and a premium too high to pay, I shpuld just get risk getting pregnant rather than using planned parenthood? I don't see how people find planned parenthood as evil.

That will be cheaper, indeed

Quote Originally Posted by maryk View Post
    So if I ever end up in the situation I was in a few years ago, gainfully employed in healthcare without health insurance benefits and a premium too high to pay, I shpuld just get risk getting pregnant rather than using planned parenthood? I don't see how people find planned parenthood as evil.

That will be cheaper, indeed
    Or, you could just cease having sex.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Yes. Marry one of these right wing assholes. That'll ensure you never fuck again
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

Yeah, they're too busy fucking pageboys to bother you anyway.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

[?QUOTE=witchcurlgirl;2672590]Yes. Marry one of these right wing assholes. That'll ensure you never fuck again[/QUOTE]

One of the Virginia republican politicians cited a "Lysistrata"-like situation when opposing that effed up "rape wand" abortion law they were considering.

He said she refused to have sex with him until he voted against it.

A*O

"Planned parenthood" is a euphemism for abortion among the pro life zealots. It's about a lot more than birth control which in an ideal world would prevent the need for most abortions in the first place. Duh.

I reckon that the tea party types are so rabidly anti Obama The Muslim Antichrist that they are willing to accept this extreme right wing propaganda from fundie nutters like MR. It's just deeply worrying that the only candidates out there don't deserve to run a meat raffle, let alone America.
    How can you trust anything that bleeds for 3 days every month but doesn't die?

Gold Member

This fucker probably doesn't even believe half the shit he is spewing. He's the biggest flip-flopper I've ever seen on the political stage. Most - okay all - politicians are whores, but this guy goes above and beyond that. He will say or do anything to get elected.

He would pull down his pants and take a dump on the stage if his people told him it would get him votes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information