Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The "Millennials" (me first generation)

The program said that the average age for moving out of the parental home was 26.

26!!@?

I was out of the house at 18! Jesus, cut the cord.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by crumpet View Post
    [B]However, I'm afraid some people will feel they aren't being 'respected' (and frankly it seems younger people are just obsessed with feeling respected and easily feel disrespected when in reality they just aren't having their asses kissed) when being told to do something vs. being asked, for example. Just because mommie asked you to pick up your toys and asked if it was okay that you be put to bed doesn't mean your boss is going to give a rat's ass about whether you want to do your job or not.

Oh that right there drives me fucking batshit! When I was starting out on any job it never entered my mind that I was being "disrespected" if, as a trainee/newbie, someone else who'd simply been there longer (even if they weren't my direct supervisor or higher rank) "told" me I needed to do something. It was more like, "Cool! Now I know what I need to be doing and I am one step closer to no longer being a clueless newbie"
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    LOL

K, i'm 29 and the generation after me, from my observances, are lazy entitlement whores for the most part. It's just something I've noticed.

Mommy and daddy buy them cars, blingy new cell phones, the teachers aren't allowed to use a red pen because it might traumatize them, nobody fucking fails in school anymroe cuz it hurts their feelings, everybody gets a trophy just for EXISTING, not for effort.. Fuck, they can't read, write or communicate correctly and they STILL get passed along! Parents of these shitheads sue for every tiny little thing, they're fatter than ever cuz instead of going outside they sit their lardasses in front of a tv all day and play videogames. They grow up faster, but they're MATURING way way later, if at all, because mumsy and dadsy do every fucking thing for them.

Sorry Thalia, you're the exception.. not the rule. Every generation has a small core that outshines the rest but in the last generation or 2 it's dwindled incredibly. The ignorant and expecting have doubled in number and are throwing their weight around which is why you see all the ridiculous shit i just listed.

And wtf GREAT job did I have when I got out of school? I've bounced from one to the other, and they all fucking suck. Entry level office bullshit, crazy debt from school (mommy didnt pay MY way), and not a lot of hope.

I've got greedy, lazy entitlement whores with parents pushing them along beneath me and old fossils (albeit ones with a work ethic) rusting above me. I'm the FUCKED generation. Generation X just got even MORE apathetic because we're sandwiched between 2 kinds of hell. Where's MY fucking trophy?
    Sweetie, you're two years older than I am and you are not Generation X or are you? Jesus Christ... There are lazy entitlement whores in every generation; that's a class lifestyle thing. So because I was born in 1980 I was given a car and had everything handed to me? No... This is just the stupidest article/news thing I've ever heard.

I'm the last generation X year
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Elite Member

Gen X has its own issues, a lot of the people my age are going very far into debt to own mini-mansions and luxury cars that even our own parents can't afford at a much older age. We live in a "transitional" neighborhood, houses in the 250-300K range, and we have a lot of turnover because this neighborhood is just a stepping stone for a lot of people that want to just get out of here and into the McMansion neighborhoods.

But I worked for IBM for a while, and even the kids who were coming in straight out of college 5 years after I was there were little snots who wanted to chat all day and plan their weekend, and finally settled down to actually work around 5:00, stayed there until 8:00 at night because they didn't have anything to go home to. Meanwhile, I came in at 7:30 am and worked until 5:30, and I worked hard all day because I wanted to get home to my husband, yet it didn't seem to matter to upper management, they seemed to be impressed by the butts in the chairs at night. And these twats thought they should be promoted to team lead like a year after they got there.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information