Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mike Huckabee Says No To Insurance For People With Pre-Existing Conditions

Universal fucking healthcare, that's what.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

^^^
    that'll never happen in the US.
    i think there should be a law to make insurance mandatory. and people who can't afford it should get assistance to help cover it, or a kind of public insurance plan that covers their expenses in case anything happens.
    switzerland has that - if you have the money to pay for it and want private insurance it can be pretty pricey (but keep in mind people make way more money there than in the US, on average, so everything is more expensive, i'm pretty sure that proportionally speaking, insurance is more expensive in the US), and those that can't afford it have the option to get public insurance, and those who really aren't making any money are covered by the state, and so are their children.
    i think the thing that's wrong with the US is that your coverage is linked to your employer. that's such a retarded idea.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by dexter7 View Post
    i'm not saying i agree with him, but what is the answer to this problem....what if people wait to pay for health insurance until something is wrong with them? like, all throughout your life you are healthy and fit and decide not to pay insurance premiums (cuz you don't need it) then you turn 45 and find out you have cancer, and then try to sign up for health insurance. what should be done about people like that?
    I also think that someone who goes through life like that isn't dealing with reality. You can get sick, or really effed up in an accident, at any age.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    ^^^
    that'll never happen in the US.
    i think there should be a law to make insurance mandatory. and people who can't afford it should get assistance to help cover it, or a kind of public insurance plan that covers their expenses in case anything happens.
    switzerland has that - if you have the money to pay for it and want private insurance it can be pretty pricey (but keep in mind people make way more money there than in the US, on average, so everything is more expensive, i'm pretty sure that proportionally speaking, insurance is more expensive in the US), and those that can't afford it have the option to get public insurance, and those who really aren't making any money are covered by the state, and so are their children.
    i think the thing that's wrong with the US is that your coverage is linked to your employer. that's such a retarded idea.
    a public plan? like the public option that was sold down the river? lol
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

^^
    yeah, i know.
    but that's not the same as true universal healthcare, which will never happen in the US.
    fuck, i don't even think a public plan stands a chance, not in the current climate. clinton couldn't do it, obama couldn't... not sure either of them really wanted it either. this is the land of savage capitalism and where the only way to get people riled up is about individual rights - the common good has never been popular there. no one wants more taxes or their taxes going to pay for someone else's health care. it's not the american way.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Poor and low income people in the US do get medical care for free. We have a pretty good system in place for that now- not the best, but not bad.

It's the people in the middle that don't, and that's who we need to take care of.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

no one wants more taxes or their taxes going to pay for someone else's health care.
    I do, but I don't have a multi-billion dollar income statement, so nobody in my government gives a fuck what I want.

So retarded.

"I don't want my tax money going towards someone else's health care.. but it can go to roads, highways, power infrastructure, water infrastructure, waste infrastructure, transportation infrastructure, a military infrastructure, environmental protections, police forces, social security, but I repeat: no health care!"

It seems to me that Jesus would provide for the health and well being of all persons.

Well, yeah, but Jesus didn't have to pay anything out of his pocket or dip into company profits to help somebody. That seems to be the thought process in the good ol' USA. Everyone for themselves.
    I'm not quite drunk enough to really care, but is this her violation of her violation of her violation of her violation of probation or her violation of her violation of her violation of her probation????? ~MontanaMama on LL's latest arrest.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

When I used to help everyone out I learned the lesson that I must take care of myself first, if not then what good am I to anyone else? That does not mean in any way to be a selfish prick without compassion.

Fuck this soulless dickhole in his left eye socket, Xian my ass.
    Posted from my iPhone

Elite Member

^^
    yeah, i know.
    but that's not the same as true universal healthcare, which will never happen in the US.
    fuck, i don't even think a public plan stands a chance, not in the current climate. clinton couldn't do it, obama couldn't... not sure either of them really wanted it either. this is the land of savage capitalism and where the only way to get people riled up is about individual rights - the common good has never been popular there. no one wants more taxes or their taxes going to pay for someone else's health care. it's not the american way.
    I think we can move toward the public plan eventually, but what we got is the best we're going to get for some time.
    Tea baggers want to fight the Man because the Man doesn't look like them.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    Twitch, as always, manages to boil it down to one perfect picture. How does she do it?
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Thanks Suckabee. I can't even formulate a coherent response to this shit. Yes, us chronically ill people are ~totally~ trying to screw the system by waiting until we need health care to get health care. What the fuck? How about the millions of people who can't fucking afford health care, even if their jobs provide it!? Then they finally can, and they won't get covered for a pre-existing condition? Well fuck you and fuck your stupid face. He's dead to me.
    "Not only do we embrace it, we take it out for drinks, get it absolutely steaming drunk, leg hump it and then leave it covered in shaving foam and a stolen Chuck E Cheese outfit in its own bath with no recollection of how it got there." -Kittylady on the sad and pathetic and strange.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

At one time I could not afford to even use my insurance because of the copay.
    Posted from my iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by buttmunch View Post
    Twitch, as always, manages to boil it down to one perfect picture. How does she do it?
    butt! where the fuck have you been?!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information