Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mike Huckabee: "Amend constitution to please God."

apparently he doesn't understand the concept of separation of church and state

he'll never win though, so it really doesn't matter

So this Huckabee fool almost sounds like an elaborate parody devised to make Bush look good by comparison. Except that apparently people are voting for him.

I can't even work up the energy to be shocked anymore. One crazy ranting person is just that-one crazy ranting person with a following is just...well, it makes you wish a meteorite would wipe us all of existance already, because clearly people don't learn from history. Still, if he does actually win, I'm sure it will give future historians (if there's a human race left) plenty of material as they try to explain the first Christian theocracy of the 21st century.
    "Remember to always be yourself. Unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

"The only thing more expensive than education is ignorance." -Benjamin Franklin

I fear for this country if he gets elected. Seriously.. if my fellow Americans are deluded enough to band together and drive their Jesus bandwagon to the White House, I'm so fucked. We're all so fucked.

Huckabee on the issues:

Marriage:
    I support and have always supported passage of a federal constitutional amendment that defines marriage as a union between one man and one woman. As President, I will fight for passage of this amendment. My personal belief is that marriage is between one man and one woman, for life.

So glad to know he's not letting his personal beliefs get in the way of his plan to become the leader of a nation with so much variety in terms of values and lifestyles.

Immigration:
    I am as sick and tired as you are that it is harder for us to get on an airplane in our home town than it is for all these illegals to cross our international border unchallenged.

I guess brown is brown.

I oppose and will not tolerate employers who hire illegals. They must be punished with fines and penalties so large that they will see it is not worth the risk.

Really, Huck? Because I can swear that a lot of these employers are big businesses financing your fascist campaign... you know.. like WalMart, Tyson foods....

On faith and politics:

My faith is my life - it defines me. I don't separate my faith from my personal and professional lives

Funny you should use that word 'separate'.. as in 'seperation of church and state'...

Real faith makes us more humble and mindful, not of the faults of others, but of our own. It makes us less judgmental, as we see others with the same frailties we have.

Really? Because if anything I'd say your faith gives you the impression that you have the power to control a person's beliefs, values, and lifestyle choices from a government standpoint... To quote your Jesus "..let he who is without sin cast the first stone."

On Abortion:

As Governor, I did all I could to protect life. The many pro-life laws I got through my Democrat legislature are the accomplishments that give me the most pride and personal satisfaction. To me, life doesn't begin at conception and end at birth.

I'm glad you get the most pride and personal satisfaction out of the fact that you have control over a woman's body and that some of these children were born into poverty and have no immediate means of bettering themselves as a result.
    Last edited by Penny Lane; January 18th, 2008 at 06:56 PM.

He is electable!
    They sure do like him in South Carolina!! Where it counts for the repukes!
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Supporters of Mike Huckabee see the Republican presidential candidate as the "compassionate conservative" that President Bush promised to be.
    "He will be a pro-business guy, but he'll be balanced," said Ron Terwilliger, chairman and CEO of Atlanta-based Trammell Crow Residential. "He'll be concerned about how the policies of his administration will affect all Americans."

Terwilliger was an early supporter of Huckabee's presidential campaign. He got to know the former Arkansas governor and Baptist minister through Huckabee's wife, Janet Huckabee, who serves with Terwilliger on the board of Habitat for Humanity International. Habitat is an Atlanta-based ecumenical Christian ministry that has built more than 250,000 houses for low-income families since its founding in 1976.

Huckabee is "a very smart, common-sense guy who shares the values that I share," Terwilliger said.

The developer hosted a fundraiser for Huckabee about six weeks ago at his home in Atlanta, raising about $80,000.

"Today I'm sure I could get a whole lot more for him," Terwilliger said.

bizjournals: Which presidential candidate is best for business: Mike Huckabee

I know this man and his wife. I will not step foot into their home on Long Island. He raised millions for Bush and was asked to be in his cabinet. It has caused a couple of family issues because I will never socialize with them.

I'm not shocked at all, just a little surprised because he remarried into a Jewish family.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information