Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Michael Moore - happy about hurricane coming

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

interesting, we shall wait and see.

no worse than this:

Evangelicals asked to pray for rain at Barack Obama nomination

Evangelical Christians have been asked to pray for "rain of biblical proportions" to fall on Senator Barack Obama as he accepts the Democratic nomination.

By Toby Harnden in Washington
    Last Updated: 8:20PM BST 13 Aug 2008

Stuart Shepard of Focus on the Family, one of America's leading evangelical groups, was shown in a video filmed at Denver's Invesco Field, where 75,000 are expected to cheer Mr Obama on Aug 28, asking Christians to pray for "torrential" rain.
    "I'm talking 'umbrella-ain't-going-to-help-you rain," the former pastor and television meteorologist said. He explained on the video: "I'm still pro life, and I'm still in favour of marriage as being between one man and one woman. And I would like the next president who will select justices for the next Supreme Court to agree."
    Mr Shepard, director of digital media at Focus Action, the political arm of Focus on the Family, insisted the video was supposed to be "mildly humorous". But it was hastily removed by Focus on the Family after complaints from at least a dozen of its members. "If people took it seriously, we regret it," said Tom Minnery, a spokesman.
    In an interview with KOAA television Mr Shepard said: "Sure it's boyish humour perhaps to wish for something like that. But at the same time it's something people feel very strongly about. They're concerned about where he would take the nation."
    John Morse, a Democratic state senator in Denver and an Obama supporter said: "Is praying for rain wrong? No, it's not wrong, it's soulless."
    He added: "It's going to be an amazing moment in American history. Rain or shine."
    Members of Focus on the Family, led by James Dobson, one of the most powerful evangelical figures in America, heavily backed George W. Bush in the 2000 and 2004 elections, when the Religious Right was credited with delivering him his narrow victories.
    But Mr Obama's opponent John McCain has had a testy relationship with evangelicals, calling the leaders Jerry Falwell and Pat Robertson "agents of intolerance" in 2000. He has attempted to rebuild bridges since then but in January Dr Dobson said he would not vote for the Arizona senator.
    Dr Dobson relented last month saying that he might endorse Mr McCain but Republican operatives worry that a lack of enthusiasm for Mr McCain among evangelicals could seriously damage him in November.
    A poll released by the Barna Group, a Christian research firm, found that Mr Obama had a nine point lead over Republican John McCain among Christians, though the Republican enjoyed a narrow advantage among evangelicals.
    The pollsters noted that Mr Obama led among the "born again vote", an outcome that could lead to Mr McCain being the first Republican in two decades to lose among that sector of the population.
    In an indication of the importance of the candidates are placing on the evangelical vote, both will appear at the Saddleback megachurch, which is led by Pastor Rick Warren, author of The Purpose-Driven Life, in California on Saturday. It will be the first joint event they have attended during the 2008 campaign.

Evangelicals asked to pray for rain at Barack Obama nomination - Telegraph
    "If you are not outraged, then you are not paying attention," Heather Heyer's facebook quote.

fucking idiots.

Bronze Member

Michael Moore is a self-important blowhard.

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    no worse than this:

Evangelicals asked to pray for rain at Barack Obama nomination

Evangelical Christians have been asked to pray for "rain of biblical proportions" to fall on Senator Barack Obama as he accepts the Democratic nomination.
    God apparently ignored their request!

or God has a sense of humour!
    "If you are not outraged, then you are not paying attention," Heather Heyer's facebook quote.

God said

fuck your dumb asses, Obama 08!

I think someone should stick this fat, Stimpy lookin' bastard into the hurricane, and see how happy he is, then.

Quote Originally Posted by bychance View Post
    God said

arg another reason i think He is stupid and i hate Him. just go away.

I love Michael Moore and the fact that he has the guts to say what needs to be said, even if he is biased in the point of view he shows. He and his wife have a place near where I vacation and they are the nicest, down to earth people you will ever meet.

I think his attempt at sarcasm came off wrong when taken out of context, but there is irony in the fact of the timing of the storm.

.. he has a wife? someone would fuck that?

Dayom
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by FriendOrFoe View Post
    I love Michael Moore and the fact that he has the guts to say what needs to be said, even if he is biased in the point of view he shows. He and his wife have a place near where I vacation and they are the nicest, down to earth people you will ever meet.
    Ewww... a wife. She'd be crushed both by his fat, and by his ego.

*shudder*

Quote Originally Posted by bychance View Post
    God said

god hates republicans

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information