Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Matt Damon: the Sarah Palin pick is a disaster

She describes herself as a pitbull with lipstick- yet she cant face the media unscripted. The Repubs like to compare her to Thatcher - believe me I grew up under her and she is NO WAY LIKE HER.

She has to have a two day interview with soft questions that probably have been vetted so she can prepare to answer and provide good sound bites.
    She cant deal with the press without a scripted speech ( a speech that has been repeated ad nauseum with lies especially about the bridge to nowhere) but wont answer questions on the fly. Its been reported that she has to have cram facts/and study McCain's policies over the last week using study cards.

She in her own words - compared that babysitting and waitressing helped her to govern Alaska in a vid I posted in a thread. Her handlers know they have their work cut out for her but shes a heartbeat a way from presidency if McCain kicks the bucket. To me she looks and sounds like Bush but with ovaries. Shes also a hypocrite about her family values- she likes to say she has the perfect homelife but she cant seem to handle her children. How the hell can she handle the country if they use her parenting skills as something positive.
    Obama has a lot of flack about the Rev Wright shit- shes affiliated with a church that has links with far right groups, and shes was also a member of AIP- shes pretty patriotic right

Hey another celeb pipes in and I think he sums it up perfectly

Roger Ebert on Sarah Palin: The American Idol candidate
    Roger Ebert on Sarah Palin: The American Idol candidate
    September 10, 2008
    BY ROGER EBERT Sun-Times Movie Critic

I think I might be able to explain some of Sarah Palin's appeal. She's the "American Idol" candidate. Consider. What defines an "American Idol" finalist? They're good-looking, work well on television, have a sunny personality, are fierce competitors, and so talented, why, they're darned near the real thing. There's a reason "American Idol" gets such high ratings. People identify with the contestants. They think, Hey, that could be me up there on that show!

My problem is, I don't want to be up there. I don't want a vice president who is darned near good enough. I want a vice president who is better, wiser, well-traveled, has met world leaders, who three months ago had an opinion on Iraq. Someone who doesn't repeat bald- faced lies about earmarks and the Bridge to Nowhere. Someone who doesn't appoint Alaskan politicians to "study" global warming, because, hello! It has been studied. The returns are convincing enough that John McCain and Barack Obama are darned near in agreement.

I would also want someone who didn't make a teeny little sneer when referring to "people who go to the Ivy League." When I was a teen I dreamed of going to Harvard, but my dad, an electrician, told me, "Boy, we don't have the money. Thank your lucky stars you were born in Urbana and can go to the University of Illinois right here in town." So I did, very happily. Although Palin gets laughs when she mentions the "elite" Ivy League, she sure did attend the heck out of college.

Five different schools in six years. What was that about?

And how can a politician her age have never have gone to Europe? My dad had died, my mom was working as a book-keeper and I had a job at the local newspaper when, at 19, I scraped together $240 for a charter flight to Europe. I had Arthur Frommer's $5 a Day under my arm, started in London, even rented a Vespa and drove in the traffic of Rome. A few years later, I was able to send my mom, along with the $15 a Day book.

You don't need to be a pointy-headed elitist to travel abroad. You need curiosity and a hunger to see the world. What kind of a person (who has the money) arrives at the age of 44 and has only been out of the country once, on an official tour to Iraq? Sarah Palin's travel record is that of a provincial, not someone who is equipped to deal with global issues.

But some people like that. She's never traveled to Europe, Asia, Africa, South America or Down Under? That makes her like them. She didn't go to Harvard? Good for her! There a lot of hockey moms who haven't seen London, but most of them would probably love to, if they had the dough. And they'd be proud if one of their kids won a scholarship to Harvard.

I trust the American people will see through Palin, and save the Republic in November. The most damning indictment against her is that she considered herself a good choice to be a heartbeat away. That shows bad judgment.
    Roger Ebert on Sarah Palin: The American Idol candidate :: CHICAGO SUN-TIMES :: Other Views

To me celebs have the right to say anything about politics just like us- but if they make stupid comment then they should face the redicule.

^nice avatar!

I came across it yesterday and after reading this thread I thought it would be fitting lol

I was watching MSNBC this morning and those bitches of a panel were talking about how Obama isn't "authentic" and was reading cue cards when he says "enough is enough" where as Palin doesn't... (I was staring at my TV screen like ) and how when she criticizes Obama it wasn't in a mean spirited way, etc. Than one of the bitches was like oh, Obama should get over it it's the anniversary of September 11th. *HAND PALM* YOU THE MEDIA ARE THE ONES WHO SHOULD GET OVER IT, YOU'RE THE ONES TALKING AND REPORTING ABOUT IT YOU LITTLE FUCKER.

^^ Don't forget. Bush's people WROTE the pitbull's speech.

And oh my damn, I had no idea this woman had never been out of the country but to visit Iraq once.

WTF?

Alaska is right next to Russia, come on now, she has foreign policy experience

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by bychance View Post
    I was watching MSNBC this morning and those bitches of a panel were talking about how Obama isn't "authentic" and was reading cue cards when he says "enough is enough" where as Palin doesn't... (I was staring at my TV screen like ) and how when she criticizes Obama it wasn't in a mean spirited way, etc. Than one of the bitches was like oh, Obama should get over it it's the anniversary of September 11th. *HAND PALM* YOU THE MEDIA ARE THE ONES WHO SHOULD GET OVER IT, YOU'RE THE ONES TALKING AND REPORTING ABOUT IT YOU LITTLE FUCKER.

It's what I keep saying on all these threads. The media is in the bag for Republicans. Look how they took Olbermann and Matthews off the beat while Fox "News" continues on with their Republican blow jobs. Everyone else is not so obvious but it is there and it is real.

Palin IS absurd. She would be a disaster as President and make no mistake if McCorpse is elected she'll take office within two years. That man is going to kick the bucket, watch and see.

BUT. Picking Palin was NOT a disaster for the Corpse. It was the best thing he could possibly have done. Mainstream news (forget the blogs they may as well not exist as far as msm is concerned) is lavishing praise on Palin and falling all over themselves licking her boots. This gives them a rationale for McCorpse's new and improved poll numbers which are an absolute fraud. These fraudulent polls will be used to keep up the illusion that the race is tight so no one will be shocked when they steal the election. And they WILL.

Actually, Damon is well-informed and very intelligent. He's also right about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasha View Post
    It's what I keep saying on all these threads. The media is in the bag for Republicans. Look how they took Olbermann and Matthews off the beat while Fox "News" continues on with their Republican blow jobs. Everyone else is not so obvious but it is there and it is real.

Palin IS absurd. She would be a disaster as President and make no mistake if McCorpse is elected she'll take office within two years. That man is going to kick the bucket, watch and see.

BUT. Picking Palin was NOT a disaster for the Corpse. It was the best thing he could possibly have done. Mainstream news (forget the blogs they may as well not exist as far as msm is concerned) is lavishing praise on Palin and falling all over themselves licking her boots. This gives them a rationale for McCorpse's new and improved poll numbers which are an absolute fraud. These fraudulent polls will be used to keep up the illusion that the race is tight so no one will be shocked when they steal the election. And they WILL.
    ITA. I fear everyday that they will.

That Ebert article's great! Thanks, ana-mish-ana!

Keep hope alive. All the Repubs want is Dems to grow increasingly gloomy. But it'll only make me campaign harder.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenna View Post
    It's fine to give weight to what Matt Damon (or any celebrity) is saying when it makes sense to you. It would be stupid to give weight to what he's saying just because he's Matt Damon. There is a big difference.

You mean giving someone undue influence just because they are appealing and charismatic? Putting them in a position they aren't qualified for based on superficial qualifications? Who does that bring to mind?

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by ymeman View Post
    You mean giving someone undue influence just because they are appealing and charismatic? Putting them in a position they aren't qualified for based on superficial qualifications? Who does that bring to mind?
    Sarah Palin.

Quote Originally Posted by barbiedoll25 View Post
    Oh sorry I haven't really paid too much attention to the political forum b/c I get upset and I guess I am out of the loop on that so I apologize...

Your apologies for not being well-read are unacceptable.
    Obviously, you're unable to get your head out of the militant religious cloud enveloping your mind.
    Hopefully, McCain will lose that infamous hot temper of his and people will see the man behind the facade.
    "the place you live in is that much more drab and empty that they're gone"

just like i wish ppl see the real man behind the act obama is doing. imo

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information