Page 99 of 238 FirstFirst ... 49899596979899100101102103109149199 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 3570
Like Tree11582Likes

Thread: The Manchurine candidate - Trump rule past 100 days

So if Junior didn't get SS protection until after the election the only way they would have vetted anything is if Two Scoops himself was there, right? Good job lawyer dude, you just implicated your boss.
    Brookie and Karma like this.

Quote Originally Posted by C_is_for_Cookie View Post
    So if Junior didn't get SS protection until after the election the only way they would have vetted anything is if Two Scoops himself was there, right? Good job lawyer dude, you just implicated your boss.
    Kushner and Manafort are both claiming that they didn't know who they were meeting because they didn't read Jr's email all the way through. They just showed up.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by ShimmeringGlow View Post
    Kushner and Manafort are both claiming that they didn't know who they were meeting because they didn't read Jr's email all the way through. They just showed up.
    I am so sick and tired of all the excuses and spin from these people. I have absolutely no respect for any of them.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by ShimmeringGlow View Post

Donald Trump reportedly told Theresa May he would not come to the UK unless he gets a "better reception" and urged her to "fix it" for him.
    Is he fucking kidding? Theresa May hold her own government together without bribing an outside party, all her ministers are maneuvering to stab her in the back and take her job and she can't inspire any warm fuzzies for herself among the general public but she's supposed to 'fix' it so that we all cheer Trump?

I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

I agree, there is definitely something else about to break - Trump's crazy tweets over the weekend and nothing this morning (ooops he just tweeted that of course any politician would have gone to the meeting). His tweets are so damn transparent, whenever he defends something, you can be damn sure that it will be proven true within the week. Whenever he attacks the media, he is confirming the truth of the statement/coverage. He is a turd.
    fgg, C_is_for_Cookie and Nevan like this.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

stella blue likes this.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Here's Trump's tweet and Preet Bharara's response.

Most politicians would have gone to a meeting like the one Don jr attended in order to get info on an opponent. That's politics!

11:07 AM - 17 Jul 2017

Preet Bharara Retweeted Donald J. Trump
    First, no. Second, that's a reason why people are disgusted by politics and politicians. Third, no. Fourth, especially swamp drainers no.

Brookie, Mivvi21, Nevan and 2 others like this.

How is Theresa May going to "fix" Hair Furor's UK trip? Bus a bunch of white supremacists to the city center?

fgg

Outgoing federal ethics chief: ‘We are pretty close to a laughingstock at this point’

The federal government’s top ethics chief is resigning on Wednesday. And he’s torching the Trump administration on his way out.

Walter M. Shaub Jr., director of the Office of Government Ethics, told the New York Times that President Trump’s apparent disdain for long-established ethical norms has undermined the credibility of the United States around the world.

“It’s hard for the United States to pursue international anticorruption and ethics initiatives when we’re not even keeping our own side of the street clean,” Shaub told the Times in an article published Monday. “I think we are pretty close to a laughingstock at this point.”

Shaub — who has been a vocal critic of Trump’s since his election — said the president’s frequent trips to his family-owned golf clubs are a microcosm of just how blurry the line between the White House and Trump brand has become.

“It creates the appearance of profiting from the presidency,” Shaub said. “Misuse of position is really the heart of the ethics program, and the internationally accepted definition of corruption is abuse of entrusted power. It undermines the government ethics program by casting doubt on the integrity of government decision making.”

Trump spent last weekend at another one of his golf courses, and repeatedly promoted the U.S. Women’s Open Championship held there.

In a statement to the Times, White House spokeswoman Lindsay Walters dismissed the criticism: “Mr. Schaub’s penchant for raising concerns on matters well outside his scope with the media before ever raising them with the White House — which happens to be his actual day job — is rather telling.”

Walters added: “The truth is, [he] is not interested in advising the executive branch on ethics. He’s interested in grandstanding and lobbying for more expansive powers in the office he holds.”

Shaub is calling for numerous changes to expand the power of the ethics office. He believes that the agency should have clear ethics oversight authority over all parts of the White House, limited subpoena authority and new conflict of interest standards for the president. (Shaub also wants Congress to pass legislation requiring presidential candidates to disclose their tax returns, which Trump has refused to do.)

Before leaving office, Shaub is expected to meet with Rep. Elijah Cummings, D-Md., and Rep. Trey Gowdy, R-S.C., to discuss those proposed reforms.

In a statement, Cummings said he is receptive to taking steps to strengthen the ethics office.

“The Office of Government Ethics has an impossible job under this administration because President Trump has ignored its advice, undermined its authority and openly flouted ethics rules,” Cummings said. “Now more than ever, it is important for Congress to act to strengthen OGE and protect its independence.”

Earlier this month, Shaub announced his forthcoming resignation, saying he had accepted a job with the Campaign Legal Center, a nonpartisan organization of election-law experts.

“The current situation has made it clear that the ethics program needs to be stronger than it is,” Shaub told NPR. “At the Campaign Legal Center, I’ll have more freedom to push for reform. I’ll also be broadening my focus to include ethics issues at all levels of government.”

Conway creates stir by endorsing Ivanka Trump brand on TV

Counselor to the President Kellyanne Conway promoted the Ivanka Trump brand on an interview with “Fox & Friends” Thursday morning. Many began to question whether she violated federal ethic rules that prohibit officials from promoting companies. White House press secretary Sean Spicer weighed in on the debate.

In February, Shaub called on the White House to investigate Kellyanne Conway, one of Trump’s top advisers, for comments she made promoting Ivanka Trump’s brand.

In an appearance on “Fox & Friends,” Conway urged viewers to “go buy Ivanka’s stuff” after Nordstrom decided to drop Ivanka Trump products from its stores.

“This is just a wonderful line. I own some of it,” Conway said from the James S. Brady Briefing Room, with the official White House seal in full view. “I’m going to give a free commercial here: Go buy it today, everybody. You can find it online.”

“Executive branch officials should use the authority entrusted in them for the benefit of the American public and not for private profit,” Shaub wrote in a letter to Trump’s deputy counsel. “I recommend that the White House investigate Ms. Conway’s actions and consider taking disciplinary action against her.”

White House press secretary Sean Spicer later said Conway had been “counseled” about her potential ethics violation after the interview.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/outgoing-...133538320.html
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Quote Originally Posted by ikmccall View Post
    How is Theresa May going to "fix" Hair Furor's UK trip? Bus a bunch of white supremacists to the city center?
    I had similar thoughts, hire some movie extras to come in and cheer?
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Elite Member

What kills me about the ethics violations is that they flaunt it. They don't care. They don't see anything wrong with profiting from the presidency! It's truly disgusting. I hope they do put better regulations into place because now that Trump has opened the gate on this, it will be acceptable. Who knows how far others will take it.
    louiswinthorpe111 likes this.

Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Trump’s approval rating the lowest since 1975, poll says

By Mark Moore

July 16, 2017 | 12:38pm | Updated

President Trump’s approval ratings have fallen during his first six months in the White House and is the lowest of any chief executive since Gerald Ford in 1975, according to a poll released on Sunday.

Only 36 percent of Americans approve of Trump’s job performance, a 6 percent slide since his administration hit the 100-day mark in April, a Washington Post/ABC News poll showed. His disapproval rating hit 58 percent – an increase of 5 percentage points.

President Ford’s approval rating after six months was at 39 percent in February 1975.

Trump wasted little time on Sunday to take to Twitter and blast the poll for being inaccurate.

“​The ABC/Washington Post Poll, even though almost 40% is not bad at this time, was just about the most inaccurate poll around election time!​,” he wrote. ​

http://nypost.com/2017/07/16/trumps-approval-rating-the-lowest-since-1975-poll/
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

even though almost 40% is not bad at this time
    No, it's bad. It's really bad. Dumbass.
    Brookie and garysgirl1999 like this.

Thread Information