Page 98 of 238 FirstFirst ... 4888949596979899100101102108148198 ... LastLast
Results 1,456 to 1,470 of 3570
Like Tree11582Likes

Thread: The Manchurine candidate - Trump rule past 100 days

Bush 43 was a total idiot. But kinda like your lovable dumb uncle. You know he's a complete moron, yet you hang out with him because he amuses you.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

I'm so tired of these fat-faced, weak-chinned, oil-slicked Drumpfs.

Quote Originally Posted by louiswinthorpe111 View Post
    Bush 43 was a total idiot. But kinda like your lovable dumb uncle. You know he's a complete moron, yet you hang out with him because he amuses you.
    I never thought we'd have anyone so bad that they could make me nostalgic for Dubya. But here we have it. We're fucked.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by ShimmeringGlow View Post
    Amazing. They're just asking for everyone in opposition to be harassed by the deplorable squad.
    They have no shame.

From FB:

BREAKING: The top two health insurance trade groups have written a rare joint letter stating their strong opposition to Sen. Ted Cruz's controversial amendment to the GOP ObamaCare repeal bill, saying "premiums will skyrocket for people with preexisting conditions" under the amendment.

Insurance companies!! have exponentially more decency and empathy than Republicans in Congress. That is pathetic.

***** celeb

This is actually happening.

"Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

^That's cute with the flying pig. Is that from a movie or something?
    "Fashion is an art, but individuality is the key"

Interesting...Trump’s campaign donor money is being used to pay his legal fees and 50k was used to retain a lawyer for Jr back in June. Trump said that he didn't learn about Jr's meeting until last weekend.

RNC chair: 'I don't even know' if it's legal for RNC to pay Trump's legal fees - https://t.co/4kGK7SPuhq https://t.co/Qi8Loxb3wD
    garysgirl1999, Kittylady and Karma like this.

Source: The Daily Beast

REUTERS/Mark Kauzlarich

ALL ABOUT TIMING

Trump Campaign Paid Don Jr.’s Lawyer $50,000 Two Weeks Before Email Scandal

About two weeks before the release of Donald Trump Jr.'s emails, his father’s reelection campaign began paying the law firm now representing him.

Lachlan Markay

07.15.17 3:21 PM ET

About two weeks before the release of emails showing Donald Trump Jr. seeking opposition research from attorneys representing the Russian government, his father’s reelection campaign began paying the law firm now representing Trump Jr. in the ensuing political and legal fallout.
    A new filing with the Federal Election Commission shows that President Trump’s reelection campaign paid $50,000 to the law offices of Alan Futerfas on June 26. That was around the time, Yahoo News reports, that the president’s legal team learned of a June 2016 email exchange in which Trump Jr., through an associate, solicited damaging information about 2016 election rival Hillary Clinton.
    When the New York Times revealed the email, and the meeting it set up, last week, Trump Jr. hired Futerfas, who is best known for representing four of New York’s major Italian mob families. The announcement of the hire came not from the Trump campaign but from the president’s company, where Trump Jr. remains a trustee.
    Trump Jr. does not yet face any official allegations of legal wrongdoing, but he and the White House have scrambled to contain the political fallout from the controversy.
    The first son has offered numerous explanations—most of them contradicted by subsequent developments—for the meeting with the Russian lawyers, whom Trump’s friend told him were representatives of the Russian government and providing information to the campaign as part of the Kremlin’s efforts to support Trump’s candidacy.
    It was not immediately clear whether the campaign expenditure was renumeration for Futerfas’s representation of Trump’s son, on Russia-related or other matters. But the payment sticks out on a presidential campaign’s expenditure list: Futerfas’s expertise is in white collar criminal defense, not political and election law.

The Trump campaign’s FEC filing shows significant expenditures on legal representation as it wades through scrutiny involving alleged Russian meddling in the 2016 election. As part of that investigation, the FBI is examining whether the Trump campaign guided Russian disinformation efforts aimed at key voting precincts.
    The consulting firm owned by Brad Parscale, the former Trump campaign digital director at the center of that controversy, received more than $2 million in payments from the campaign in the second quarter.
    According to the FEC filing, which was released on Saturday, 15% of the more than $4.3 million spent by the Trump campaign from April through June went towards legal representation.
    That included the payment to Futerfas’s firm and more than half a million dollars to the powerhouse Washington law firm Jones Day, which has represented the Trump campaign since early in the 2016 election cycle.
    But the campaign also settled on a new vendor for legal consulting services: the Trump Corporation itself. The FEC filing shows that the campaign paid the company nearly $90,000 three days after its payment to Futerfas.
    The campaign has steered millions of dollars to Trump companies since 2015, but that appears to be the first time it paid a Trump entity for legal services.

***** celeb

Sorry for extra post: won't let me edit.
    Brookie likes this.

***** celeb

President Donald Trump urged Theresa May to 'fix better UK reception' for him
    22:55, UK, Saturday 15 July 2017

Donald Trump reportedly told Theresa May he would not come to the UK unless he gets a "better reception" and urged her to "fix it" for him.

A state visit by the US President was believed to have originally been planned for June this year.

But it was postponed amid anger in the UK over his controversial remarks about Muslims, immigration and women.

According to The Sun on Sunday, in a transcript of a conversation between the two leaders, Mr Trump told the Prime Minister: "I haven't had great coverage out there lately, Theresa."

She replied: "Well, you know what the British press are like."

He said: "I still want to come, but I'm in no rush. So, if you can fix it for me, it would make things a lot easier.

"When I know I'm going to get a better reception, I'll come and not before."

Almost two million people in Britain had signed an online petition calling for the visit to be stripped of the trappings of a state occasion, to avoid causing "embarrassment" to the Queen.

MPs debated it, Commons Speaker John Bercow effectively vetoed a speech by the President to Parliament, and there were anti-Trump demonstrations in February.

The state visit was then believed to have been delayed until the autumn.

It will now take place next year, senior Government sources have told Sky News.

Significantly, there was no mention of a Trump state visit in the Queen's Speech, suggesting the visit had been postponed until 2019 at the earliest.

But after a 50-minute meeting with Mrs May during the G20 summit in Germany earlier this month, the President insisted he "will be going to London". Asked when, he replied: "We'll work that out."

The PM had invited him to visit the UK during her trip to Washington in January when their talks at the White House were overshadowed by pictures of him holding her hand.

Following the Borough Market terror attack in June, the US leader clashed with Sadiq Khan.

Mr Trump criticised Khan for his response to the atrocity, misquoting the capital mayor's message to Londoners not to be alarmed by the increased presence of armed police.

President Donald Trump urged Theresa May to 'fix better UK reception' for him

From FB

A trifecta of scumbags.
    Vice President "Penny" Pence 💅🏼will be joined by several top Republicans, including Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell and Speaker of the House Paul Ryan, at a fundraising event for his recently-established super PAC, a highly unusual move as he's the first sitting vice president to establish a PAC.
    Gee. I wonder why he would do this, which IS very odd.
    I wonder if he thinks he might be President fairly soon? 🤔⚖️😆
    He may have to answer a few dozen questions first about some of the lying he has done, some of it potentially at a criminal level.
    Mikey caught Trump-itis last summer: The uncanny ability to completely forget how to tell the truth and discern what a fact is, no matter what the circumstance is.

Also:

Sources say the Washington Post, The NY Times & two news networks all are working on and/or holding back stories that will show additional and more damaging evidence of Trump collusion.
    Note: Whatever it would be is still a tiny fraction of what evidence would be in the hands of Mueller/FBI/NSA et al.

and:

Rep. Maxine Waters: "It's amazing that we have members of Congress who are defending and protecting this president...what is wrong with them, I just don't quite understand."
    I agree. It is bizarre. But methinks some of them have their own dirty Russian laundry and they are "stuck" in no-man's land.
    Stay tuned.

Source: The Palmer Report
    We told you it was coming: Ivanka Trump has been implicated in Donald Trump’s Russia scandal

By Bill Palmer

When the week began, Palmer Report predicted that Ivanka Trump would be the next to be implicated in Donald Trump’s Russia scandal (link). This wasn’t a mere hunch; it was fairly easy to follow the trail of evidence from brother her husband and her brother back to her. Now it turns out Ivanka is indeed being implicated in the scandal, by Congress no less. That didn’t take long.

Representative Don Beyer was the first member of Congress to fire the warning shot yesterday about some of the crimes Ivanka Trump may have committed along the way. He chose to focus on her security clearance forms. This is what Beyer laid out in a lengthy incriminating case he made on Twitter yesterday evening:

“Jared Kushner’s updates to his security clearance form related to this Russia meeting raise new questions about his wife, Ivanka Trump. That form, the SF-86, which I completed for a diplomatic post in the Obama Administration, contains directions which we must now consider. The SF-86 requires declaration of all foreign contacts by the clearance holder “or your spouse.” Ivanka Trump’s spouse is Jared Kushner. When Ivanka Trump received her top secret security clearance and filled out an SF-86, Kushner’s contacts mattered. Kushner updated his SF-86 3 times, most recently to include the June 2016 meeting w/ Russian lawyer Veselnitskaya. That meeting, as we now know, was offered by people connected to Putin as ‘part of Russia and its government’s support for Mr. Trump.'” (link). But we believe there’s even more to it.

As Palmer Report pointed out yesterday, it’s nearly impossible to believe that Ivanka Trump wasn’t part of a plot between her husband and her brother to collude with the Kremlin to rig the election (link). And as we pointed out three weeks ago, Donald Jr. and Ivanka both have a lengthy past business relationship with convicted Russian mafia figure Felix Sater, who recently began cooperating with the Feds on a money laundering investigation that includes Trump SoHo (link). As these avenues are more fully investigated, it may come to light that Ivanka is every bit as deep into her father’s Russia scandal as her brother and husband are. If you find Palmer Report valuable, make a donation.
    Last edited by HWBL; July 16th, 2017 at 03:53 AM.

***** celeb

I have also read (Twitter) that there's something "big" about to break.

Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Something must be about to break. Trump is crazy tweeting and his lawyer is blaming the Secret Service for allowing the Russian people Jr met with into the Tower last year.

Source: Reuters

U.S. Secret Service rejects suggestion it vetted Trump son's meeting

Arshad Mohammed and Howard Schneider

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The U.S. Secret Service on Sunday denied a suggestion from President Donald Trump's personal lawyer that it had vetted a meeting between the president's son and Russian nationals during the 2016 campaign.

Donald Trump Jr. has acknowledged that he met in New York with Russian lawyer Natalia Veselnitskaya after he was told she might have damaging information about his father's rival, Democrat Hillary Clinton.

"Well, I wonder why the Secret Service, if this was nefarious, why the Secret Service allowed these people in. The president had Secret Service protection at that point, and that raised a question with me," Jay Sekulow, a member of the president's legal team, said on Sunday on the ABC news program "This Week."
    In an emailed response to questions about Sekulow's comments, Secret Service spokesman Mason Brayman said the younger Trump was not under Secret Service protection at the time of the meeting, which included Trump's son and two senior campaign officials.

"Donald Trump, Jr. was not a protectee of the USSS in June, 2016. Thus we would not have screened anyone he was meeting with at that time," the statement said.

According to emails released by Trump Jr. last week, he eagerly agreed to meet Veselnitskaya, who he was told was a Russian government lawyer. Veselnitskaya has said she is a private lawyer and denies having Kremlin ties.

On Friday, NBC News reported that a lobbyist who was once a Soviet counter-intelligence officer participated in the meeting, which was also attended by Trump's son-in-law, Jared Kushner, and the president's former campaign manager, Paul Manafort.
    The meeting appears to be the most tangible evidence of a connection between Trump's election campaign and Russia, a subject that has prompted investigations by congressional committees and a federal special counsel.

Moscow has denied any interference and the president and Trump Jr. have denied any collusion.
    Sekulow's comments about the Secret Service drew quick criticism, including from Frances Townsend, who advised former Republican President George W. Bush on homeland security.

FILE PHOTO: Donald Trump Jr. speaks at the 2016 Republican National Convention in Cleveland, Ohio U.S. July 19, 2016.Mario Anzuoni/File photo
    "Ok let's try to deflect blame & throw those in @SecretService who protect @POTUS @realDonaldTrump @FLOTUS & family under the bus," she said on Twitter.

The Secret Service's mission is to provide physical protection for the U.S. president. The agency also protects major presidential candidates. But its role in vetting people who meet with a U.S. president or candidates is limited to ensuring physical safety.
    Lawyer: Trump Unaware of Meeting

FILE PHOTO: Donald Trump (L) talks with his son Donald Trump Jr. (R) after his debate against Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton at Hofstra University in Hempstead, New York, U.S. September 26, 2016.Joe Raedle/POOL/File Photo

Trump himself has said he was unaware of the meeting between his son and the Russian lawyer until a few days ago.

"The president was not aware about this meeting, did not participate in this meeting," Sekulow told the CBS program "Face the Nation."
    Sekulow added that Trump was not aware of any meetings between his campaign staff and Russians.

A federal special counsel and several congressional panels are investigating allegations by U.S. intelligence agencies that Russia meddled in the 2016 U.S. presidential election to hurt Clinton and help Trump. They are also investigating potential connections between Russian officials and the Trump campaign.
    Senator Mark Warner, the top Democrat on one of the panels investigating the matter, the Senate Intelligence Committee, told CNN: "The level of credibility from the senior level of this administration really is suspect."

Warner said he wanted to hear from everyone who attended the June 2016 meeting.
    "Whether we will be able to get the Russian nationals to come over and testify is an open question, (but) those people that our committee has jurisdiction over, the Americans, I sure as heck want to talk to all of them," Warner said.

***** celeb

Thread Information