Page 24 of 238 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474124 ... LastLast
Like Tree11582Likes

Thread: The Manchurine candidate - Trump rule past 100 days

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by lindsaywhit View Post
    Not a Kathy Griffin, fan, never have been, and that's an understatement. I really can't stand this woman.

BUT - she is a comedian, walking the edge, pushing the boundaries, etc., is part of what I believe really good comedians do - especially in a country that prides itself on free speech. She pushed, she crossed, she screwed up. So be it. It happens.

You know what doesn't often happen in our polarized society? A heartfelt, no excuses apology for a massive, (but seriously - not lethal) case of going too far. Don't get me wrong, the stunt itself was vile and disgusting and way out of line, but I think her apology was breathtakingly refreshing, and I just became a tiny bit of a fan.

Also, and go ahead and hate me for this, I have a very difficult time believing that wee Barron thought even for a second this was real. Doesn't mean he wasn't upset about it, and as a parent that would make me pretty nuts, but real? Come on.
    Barron thought it was real? Seriously? I didn't read that. I'm sorry, but if that's true, the lad isn't too bright.
    Mivvi21 likes this.

This.

And Dump, stop deflecting the inevitable with your lame tweets and phoney outrage. Your covfefe nonsense doesn't work on me. Let's see what Comey testifies on June 8th too. Tick-tock, tick-tock, the clock is about to run out. Let's pray June 8 gets this ball rolling.

panic and Mivvi21 like this.
    Until the end of time. I'll be there for you. You own my heart and mind. I truly adore you
    -Prince Rogers Nelson

Elite Member

US quits climate pact.

Another dumb shit Repub makes a statement.

WASHINGTON — Michigan GOP Rep. Tim Walberg isn’t concerned about the effects of climate change — if it exists — because God will “take care of it.”

Walberg was speaking to constituents in Coldwater, Mich., last week when he was asked about climate change.

Walberg, who has previously questioned the existence of global warming, first joked that he could take some global warming at home in Michigan because it was too cold and some global cooling in Washington because of the humidity.

Walberg then conceded that the climate was changing, before adding that wasn't anything new.

“I believe there’s climate change,” Walberg said, according to a video of the exchange obtained first published by the Huffington Post. “I believe there’s been climate change since the beginning of time. I think there are cycles. Do I think man has some impact? Yeah, of course. Can man change the entire universe? No.”

“Why do I believe that?” he continued. “Well, as a Christian, I believe that there is a creator in God who is much bigger than us. And I’m confident that, if there’s a real problem, he can take care of it.”

On Thursday afternoon, President Trump is expected to announce whether the United States will remain a member of the Paris climate agreement. Trump hasn’t announced whether he’ll make good on his campaign promise to leave the pact — which includes every country besides Syria and Nicaragua — but multiple outlets have reported he's leaning towards dropping out.
    Janus likes this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Sure, God can take care of it (if you believe that a god exists) but will he? Why would he? Wouldn't God be a little pissed off that people wrecked something it took six days to make and decorate?
    tulip, Brookie, Kittylady and 1 others like this.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

He probably lives a very sheltered life. My 13yo would be horrified to see one of his parents like that. I would be horrified to see someone I love like that.

I don't remember those crazy antics with Obama. I don't condone that shit at all and I think it goes well beyond protected freedom of speech. I think this blew up because for the past 15 or so years, we've all been mortified by these random terrorists beheading Americans and their allies. I still remember watching the video of that first guy being beheaded years and years ago. The inhumanity and barbaricness of it just broke me, so much so that when I just read or see the word "beheaded" it really affects my heart and soul.

Does the above Obama effigies disturb me? Absolutely. I think it's awful and should have never been done. But the bloody head was so far beyond freedom of speech that it's disturbing. It doesn't help that it's very realistic looking as well.

ETA: Sorry, I started this post about two hours ago and got distracted. This was in reference to Barron.
    HWBL likes this.
    "No. I love my grudges. I tend to them like little pets." -Madeline Martha Mackenzie

Spirituality is not religion. Religion divides people. Belief in something unites them.

Don't tell me not to worry ... worrying is what I do best!

I don't know, I think the burning effigies of a sitting president was just as bad as a fake bloody head of another sitting president. The images that were posted online for 8 years were just as bad, in my book. Obama had 2 young daughters while in office, Trump has 1 young son (and multiple adult aged children). Neither side can claim it's "OK" or that they were the only one. I think it's disgusting either way. But for Republicans to slam Kathy the way they have just reeks of hypocrisy when they didn't do the same for Obama.

So, now Trump is also pulling out of the Paris Climate Agreement. Awesome. So glad we live in a country that will continue to rape and poison the earth because our leaders are too stupid to actually believe in science.

I'm really glad I don't have kids, because it must suck to have to think of what the future holds for them.

I have nieces, but their parents voted for trump, so if they don't give a shit, why should I?
    Trixie and Mivvi21 like this.

Our real president, in 2015:

Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Did he ever stop to think that maybe God sent the scientists to warn us and come up with solutions for not killing the planet? Reminds me of an old joke:

https://storiesforpreaching.com/i-sent-you-a-rowboat/ I Sent You a Rowboat

A very religious man was once caught in rising floodwaters. He climbed onto the roof of his house and trusted God to rescue him. A neighbour came by in a canoe and said, “The waters will soon be above your house. Hop in and we’ll paddle to safety.”
    “No thanks” replied the religious man. “I’ve prayed to God and I’m sure he will save me”
    A short time later the police came by in a boat. “The waters will soon be above your house. Hop in and we’ll take you to safety.”
    “No thanks” replied the religious man. “I’ve prayed to God and I’m sure he will save me”
    A little time later a rescue services helicopter hovered overhead, let down a rope ladder and said. “The waters will soon be above your house. Climb the ladder and we’ll fly you to safety.”
    All this time the floodwaters continued to rise, until soon they reached above the roof and the religious man drowned. When he arrived at heaven he demanded an audience with God. Ushered into God’s throne room he said, “Lord, why am I here in heaven? I prayed for you to save me, I trusted you to save me from that flood.”
    “Yes you did my child” replied the Lord. “And I sent you a canoe, a boat and a helicopter. But you never got in.”
    Source: unknown.
    Brookie and Kittylady like this.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    Sure, God can take care of it (if you believe that a god exists) but will he? Why would he? Wouldn't God be a little pissed off that people wrecked something it took six days to make and decorate?
    Thank you for this. I needed a laugh and I about spit out my drink at this one.

I keep reading how this is keeping with his "America First" stance... there won't be an America to put first if we destroy the planet. I also am reading that this climate agreement was too expensive for the US...again, we're killing our planet, I think what we spend to protect it is chump change in the long run. These people are fucking morons.

Quote Originally Posted by redcat View Post
    US quits climate pact.
    Fuck you Dump. Only a moron like yourself would deny scientific proof and call it "fake news." I can only handle so much stupid from one president (Bush 42 was enough for my lifetime).

Until the end of time. I'll be there for you. You own my heart and mind. I truly adore you
    -Prince Rogers Nelson

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeSlice View Post
    Did he ever stop to think that maybe God sent the scientists to warn us and come up with solutions for not killing the planet? Reminds me of an old joke:

God's best option to stop climate change would be to kill off humans.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

America first! Earth last!

Basically the US is now on the level with Nicaragua and Syria on climate change. Pretty awesome, Trump. Sorry we have to spent a little money to try not to destroy the earth. Now, go back to playing golf every weekend in Florida.
    Wilson likes this.

Thread Information