Page 23 of 238 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373123 ... LastLast
Like Tree11582Likes

Thread: The Manchurine candidate - Trump rule past 100 days

Quote Originally Posted by stella blue View Post
    but we're better people than they are.
    I agree, Never stoop to their level. Plus don't give that President Fanta and his squad any excuse to take attention away from the real issues. She is fired, everyone was outraged, Cofefe was funny for a night but now it is done, over move on, let's talk about Russia or the Paris Climate agreement.
    Janus, pinkbunnyslippers and tulip like this.

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by tulip View Post
    Yes, there was lot of horrible crap that was said about Obama. Didn't like that either. However, this visual was truly incendiary. I'd like to think that "we're" better than this. It just gives his knucklehead supporters more grist for the mill in their anti-left rhetoric and anti-media stance.
    Oh boy.

For the record, I think Kathy Griffon's an idiot, but for Republicans to pretend like this is the worst thing that has ever happened to a president is ridiculous. They were burning pictures, effigies, hanging effigies etc.. of Obama the whole time as a matter of course.

Fucking hypocrites.
    tulip, Mivvi21, BITTER and 2 others like this.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chalet View Post
    I'm going to start charging money for posters who make me pee.

This is completely off topic - but this was my gym romper in junior high school where we had a dance routine to "Kung Fu Fighting"

Mine was like that too... but sleeveless and this hideous baby blue color. Those little stripes, the zip up front, the shorts that cling... the stuff nightmares are made of!

Janus -- ITA -- they are a bunch of fucking hypocrites. What was done/said about Obama was disgusting. There is no getting around that. But I won't agree with someone stooping to their level in the gutter, no matter how much I hate the man.

Something I read today and was echoed here with the whole "confefe" thing -- which, I do think was hilarious and a nice little momentary diversion from the hellhole our country is mired in -- anyway, it was that during those distractions the administration is making significant changes that aren't being covered by the media. During the whole Comey firing, apparently Sessions made some "draconian" changes to the way federal prosecutors are to go after sentencing for drug offenders. The article stated that while Trump hasn't made any legislative progress, he and his administration have been making changes that are largely being ignored and will shape the country for years to come. Interesting. If he were a smarter man, I'd say he was doing this on purpose, but I can't give him that much credit. It's scary how much damage this man and his minions can do.
    Last edited by tulip; June 1st, 2017 at 08:25 AM.

I can't stand Kathy Griffin, but I believe she is being railroaded here; where was the hue and cry when right-wing asshat Ted Nugent was calling President Obama a "mongrel" who needed to be assassinated? Did Trump criticize him for that? Did any Republican? All of those deplorables burning him in effigy, comparing his wife to a gorilla? So Kathy makes one tasteless visual joke and she's a pariah all of a sudden? Fuck Trump. I hate him more and more every day.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet!” Anonymous Introvert

Not a Kathy Griffin, fan, never have been, and that's an understatement. I really can't stand this woman.

BUT - she is a comedian, walking the edge, pushing the boundaries, etc., is part of what I believe really good comedians do - especially in a country that prides itself on free speech. She pushed, she crossed, she screwed up. So be it. It happens.

You know what doesn't often happen in our polarized society? A heartfelt, no excuses apology for a massive, (but seriously - not lethal) case of going too far. Don't get me wrong, the stunt itself was vile and disgusting and way out of line, but I think her apology was breathtakingly refreshing, and I just became a tiny bit of a fan.

Also, and go ahead and hate me for this, I have a very difficult time believing that wee Barron thought even for a second this was real. Doesn't mean he wasn't upset about it, and as a parent that would make me pretty nuts, but real? Come on.
    Trixie, gas_chick, BITTER and 4 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    I can't stand Kathy Griffin, but I believe she is being railroaded here; where was the hue and cry when right-wing asshat Ted Nugent was calling President Obama a "mongrel" who needed to be assassinated? Did Trump criticize him for that? Did any Republican? All of those deplorables burning him in effigy, comparing his wife to a gorilla? So Kathy makes one tasteless visual joke and she's a pariah all of a sudden? Fuck Trump. I hate him more and more every day.
    Really--what was Ted Nugent's punishment? He gets invited to the White House and has his picture taken with Trump.
    Brookie, Sunnygirl, BITTER and 3 others like this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

I like Kathy Just fine during her stand up etc. and did I think this was particularly funny? No but who gives a fuck. Like I said she's a comedian not the President of this county and is allowed a joke failure. There won't be a nuclear war because of it and you know what I'm sorry Baron is his son but did anyone care when the rest of that feral crew was young and Dump was out spouting bullshit about woman, etc.. The answer is no.

I'm also sick of being told liberals should be better. Yeah look where that has us. Fuck that shit.
    stella blue, Janus and Mivvi21 like this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    Really--what was Ted Nugent's punishment? He gets invited to the White House and has his picture taken with Trump.
    Fuck me, that would be punishment enough for me to confess shit I never even heard of.
    Janus likes this.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    Secret Service should have drop-kicked his cracker ass on the White House law just like how they treat all the gun nuts who step foot on the premises. Instead, they rolled out the red carpet for the clown. SMDH.
    Janus and Mivvi21 like this.
    Until the end of time. I'll be there for you. You own my heart and mind. I truly adore you
    -Prince Rogers Nelson

So, Trump and company have maintained that the Russian investigation has been a witch hunt and that Russia didn't interfere in the election. I guess Putin didn't get those talking points.

Bradd JaffyVerified account @BraddJaffy 1h1 hour agoMore

Putin admits “patriotically minded” private Russian hackers could have been involved in U.S. election interference
    Janus, panic and Mivvi21 like this.

^^Sounds like Putin knows that Intelligence has slam dunk/irrefutable evidence that Russia did the hacking and disseminated the info specifically to support Trump's campaign. He mentioned that the hackers may have been motivated by anti-Russian sentiment from certain factions and were acting patriotically for Russia. He is taking the Kremlin's participation out of the equation. Just some patriotic hackers, like artists, I will assume 500 lbs and hacking from their mothers basements.
    Janus likes this.

Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

washingtonpost.com Trump revives ‘Crooked Hillary’ nickname. Clinton fires back with ‘covfefe.’

By Travis M. Andrews
    4-5 minutes

Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton. (Paul J. Richards/AFP; David Goldman/AP)
    Perhaps attempting to escape the afterglow of his strange tweet that included the now famous combination of letters “covfefe,” President Trump revived his old favorite moniker for Clinton on Wednesday: “Crooked Hillary.”
    He was responding to comments made by Clinton earlier in the day at the Recode Code Conference in Rancho Palos Verdes, Calif., where she was interviewed on stage by two tech journalists and spoke in detail about the 2016 presidential election.
    “I take responsibility for every decision I made, but that’s not why I lost,” she said.
    Clinton pointed to several factors as the reason she lost, including fake news on Facebook and troubles at the Democratic National Committee.
    At one point saying she suspects Trump’s campaign might have guided or Russian government propaganda effects.
    Russians wanted to spread misinformation about her, she said, but “could not have known how best to weaponize that information unless they had been guided. … Guided by Americans and guided by people who had polling and data information.”
    From jokes about the election outcome and the inaugural crowd size to warnings about the Trump administration's growing Russia scandal, Hillary Clinton has turned her ire on President Trump. (Jenny Starrs/The Washington Post)

When asked who she thought was guiding the Russians, she said, “I’m leaning Trump. I think it’s pretty hard not to.”
    Several hours later, the president took to Twitter.
    “Crooked Hillary Clinton now blames everybody but herself, refuses to say she was a terrible candidate. Hits Facebook & even Dems & DNC,” Trump tweeted at 8:40 p.m. EDT.
    Crooked Hillary Clinton now blames everybody but herself, refuses to say she was a terrible candidate. Hits Facebook & even Dems & DNC.
    — Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) June 1, 2017
    Less than an hour later, Clinton retweeted Trump’s insult, adding a message of her own: “People in covfefe houses shouldn’t throw covfefe.”
    People in covfefe houses shouldn't throw covfefe. https://t.co/M7oK5Z6qwF

— Hillary Clinton (@HillaryClinton) June 1, 2017
    In response to Clinton’s humorous “covfefe house” tweet, Trump’s son Donald Trump Jr. joined in the social media sparring match by tweeting, “What house is he in again??? That’s what I thought. You’re trying too hard.”
    What house is he in again??? That's what I thought. You're trying too hard. https://t.co/9Yomz1Emb5

— Donald Trump Jr. (@DonaldJTrumpJr) June 1, 2017
    Clinton’s note was a reference to the sentence fragment Trump tweeted at 12:06 a.m. EDT on Wednesday, which simply read, “Despite the constant negative press covfefe.”
    President Trump tweeted a garbled late-night message that baffled everyone on Twitter. (Monica Akhtar/The Washington Post)

[Trump targets ‘negative press covfefe’ in garbled midnight tweet that becomes worldwide joke]
    Within four hours, Clinton’s message had been retweeted about 150,000 times and “liked” about 320,000 times. It surpassed Trump’s original “covfefe” tweet, which was retweeted more than 127,000 times and “liked” more than 162,000 times when it was deleted.
    More from Morning Mix
    Even the ‘good hombres’ are not safe: Federal judge blasts Trump’s deportation policies
    USAA dropped ‘Hannity’ amid outcry over conspiracy theory coverage. Now it’s coming back.
    Scott Pelley is out as CBS Evening News anchor; will return to ‘60 Minutes’ full-time

Travis M. Andrews is a reporter for The Washington Post's Morning Mix. Previously he was an editor for Southern Living and a pop culture and tech contributor for Mashable.
    gas_chick, Janus, panic and 1 others like this.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

Oh, if only 'covfefe' was the real problem.
    Brookie, Janus and panic like this.

Thread Information