Page 15 of 238 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565115 ... LastLast
Like Tree11582Likes

Thread: The Manchurine candidate - Trump rule past 100 days

Dash
    @DashWell01
    ·5m

Replying to @gingerlale
    Jared. Stop it. Seriously. This creepy doll from The Boy IS Jared.
    Wilson likes this.

Source: John Pavlovitz.com

No, White Friend—You Weren’t “Embarrassed” by Barack Obama

May 26, 2017 / John Pavlovitz

I remember the day after the Election, a friend of mine who happens to be white, remarked on social media that he “finally wasn’t embarrassed of America and our President.”

I sprained my eyes rolling them and they have never fully recovered.

Since then I’ve heard this sentiment echoed by more white folks than I can count, especially in recent months; supposed relief at once again having a leader who instills pride.

Since I don’t have the time to ask each of the individually, I’ll ask here:

So, you were embarrassed for the past 8 years, huh?

Really?

What exactly were you embarrassed by?

Were you embarrassed by his lone and enduring twenty-five year marriage to a strong woman he’s never ceased to publicly praise, respect, or cherish?

Were you embarrassed by the way he lovingly and sweetly parented and protected his daughters?

Were you embarrassed by his Columbia University degree in Political Science or his graduating magna cum laude from Harvard Law School?

Maybe you were embarrassed by his white American and Black Kenyan parents, or the diversity he was raised in as normal?

Were you embarrassed by his eloquence, his quick wit, his easy humor, his seeming comfort meeting with both world leaders and street cleaners; by his bright smile or his sense of empathy or his steadiness—perhaps by his lack of personal scandals or verbal gaffes or impulsive tirades?

No. Of course you weren’t.

Honestly, I don’t believe you were ever embarrassed. That word implies an association that brings ridicule, one that makes you ashamed by association, and if that’s something you claim to have experienced over the past eight years by having Barack Obama representing you in the world—I’m going to suggest you rethink your word choice.

You weren’t “embarrassed” by Barack Obama.

You were threatened by him.
    You were offended by him.
    You were challenged by him.
    You were enraged by him.

But I don’t believe it had anything to do with his resume or his experience or his character or his conduct in office—because you seem fully proud right now to be associated with a three-time married, serial adulterer and confessed predator; a man whose election and business dealings and relationships are riddled with controversy and malfeasance. You’re perfectly fine being represented by a bullying, obnoxious, genitalia-grabbing, Tweet-ranting, Prime Minister-shoving charlatan who’s managed to offended all our allies in a few short months. And you’re okay with him putting on religious faith like a rented, dusty, ill-fitting tuxedo and immediately tossing it in the garbage when he’s finished with it.

None of that you’re embarrassed of? I wonder how that works.

Actually, I’m afraid I have an idea. I hope I’m wrong.

Listen, you’re perfectly within your rights to have disagreed with Barack Obama’s policies or to have taken issue with his tactics. No one’s claiming he was a flawless politician or a perfect human being. But somehow I don’t think that’s what we’re talking about here. I think the thing President Obama did that really upset you, white friend—was having a complexion that was far darker than you were ever comfortable with. I think the President we have now feels much better.

Because objectively speaking, if what’s happening in our country right now doesn’t cause you great shame and doesn’t induce the continual meeting of your palm to your face—I don’t believe embarrassment is ever something you struggle with.

No, if you claimed to be “embarrassed” by Barack Obama but you’re not embarrassed by Donald Trump—I’m going to strongly suggest it was largely a pigmentation issue.

And as an American and a Christian committed to diversity and equality and to the liberty at the heart of this nation—that, embarrasses me.

tulip, Mivvi21, Janus and 6 others like this.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Elite Member

Every time I see a well-written article telling off Trump supporters, I have to resist the urge to post it on my Facebook wall and write Fuck You Fuck You Fuck You over and over again. I'm still absolutely seething at the idiots I know who support Trump. Unfortunately, this includes close relatives. This will pass (eventually), but my relationships have to endure. I lost my mom years ago and my dad (while we have a troubled relationship) could die at any time (poor health), but my husband would be mortified if I ruined my relationship with his parents and sister, so I keep my mouth shut (for the most part). I have no idea if they STILL support Trump because we haven't talked about it in months. I hope to God they are ashamed of their stupidity.
    Mivvi21, maryk, Janus and 4 others like this.

Trump referred to Justin Trudeau as, "Justin from Canada" and asked Macron, "Do you want my cell phone number so that we can speak directly to each other." The leaders at the G7 conference were strolling through the streets and Trump trailed behind in his golf cart. He also was the only leader not to wear headphones to translate the Italian host's opening remarks. He must have been pretending that he understands Italian.
    Last edited by ShimmeringGlow; May 27th, 2017 at 11:52 AM.
    HWBL, OrangeSlice, Janus and 3 others like this.

Brookie likes this.

Aw, someone didn't get two scoops of ice cream.
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

He's trying to figure out if the blue tie makes him look fat.
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

Quote Originally Posted by CornFlakegrl View Post
    He's trying to figure out if the blue tie makes him look fat.
    It does.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

What makes him look fat: Sitting next to Macron.

(fat, and ugly, and old, and stupid)
    C_is_for_Cookie likes this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

All the wrinkles in his for husky boys pants. All that fat and sitting. Isn't he a supposed billionaire? Get a suit made. Notice all the other men who walked around don't look like wrinkled old slobs?

I can't believe he's only 8 years older than Merkel.

So I can't find the link now, but last night (or maybe this morning?) I was reading a blip/looking at a clip on how Trump was too fat to walk 700 yards with the other leaders and had to follow behind in a golf cart!
    Brookie and garysgirl1999 like this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Yeah, he seems like a stress eater. I don't think he exercises either, so I bet he's going to get huge while in office.
    C_is_for_Cookie likes this.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

Quote Originally Posted by Brookie View Post
    It does.
    It's not the tie that makes him look fat...
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Maggie Jordan: @MaggieJordanACN

The hits just keep on comin' "Leaders of France, Ger, Italy, Japan, Canada & UK walk the streets of Taormina. Trump follows in a golf cart"
    Kittylady likes this.

Thread Information