Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Major U.S. news sources claiming Osama Bin Laden is dead

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    Novice, Obama went out of his way to give credit to all Muslim nations for their help and support.
    My favorite part was when he pointed out no real Muslim ever supported this thug.
    Yes he did and it gives me hope for us (the US, Allies & the Muslim countries) moving forward in a more united way in the future.

Quite a few (well known) people annoyed me on Twitter today I sent them "Muslims are Americans too/Americans are Muslims" type responses. Not that they'll read them!

I follow the US State Dept, alternate news sources and watch Al Jezzera & Russian tv news to get a broader spectrum of infomation.

Quote Originally Posted by LynnieD View Post
    I think the U.S. is on Pakistan's 'list' now....not in a good way. As it was, we were 'frienimies' (sp?)...and this most certainly cannot help the relationship. I don't know if they harbored him either, SOMEONE had to have known in my head, but perhaps not people higher up or in Intelligence. Dunno.

It's over, its done. I just wish the all the Militaries would come home and the killings stop. But I know thats not going to happen...but I wish it would.
    Perhaps we can at least move, even so slightly, to that...
    Yes.
    Also, if we think how easy it is for someone to loose themselves in the US that isn't supposed to hve the level of bribery & corruption that some cultures/countries have....

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    interesting. although i think the exact opposite. i'm glad it didn't happen under his watch because it would have been used to improve his legacy and because it's one more thing republicans don't get to distort and politicise to use for their own gain.

And dems won't?

I don't think either side should be crowing. It took 10 years, two wars, billions of dollars and many, many livess to catch one guy.

Glad he's done, hope this brings closure to many, but any fool (politician) who stands up to brag about failing for 10 years should just sit back down.

Former President Bush lives here. The crowd of people gathered outside of his house, singing.
    He did try. He seems to be pretty overjoyed himself!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Bush started a 'war' that killed thousands and thousands of innocent people. He is a disgrace IMO. I think I'll leave it at that as this subject riles me up too much!

I'm sorry Sarzy, I don't agree - the Gulf war started 20 years ago in 1991 - my BF at the time was one of the first ships into the Gulf. Afganistan is just a continuation of that IMO.

And typically no-one has learnt from History, no-one has ever defeated the the Afganis on their own soil. Not the Brits in the 1800-somethings, not the Russians in the 1900-somethings, not the Americans in the 2000-somethings.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsDark View Post
    Well President Obama still might as well be the antichrist according to a fuckload of idiots on my FB list who can't stand it and are being total babies about the fact that this occurred on his watch instead of their beloved Bush's. (I guess it's time to pare it down, finally).
    Had it happened on Bush's watch, you can be sure that his detractors would be talking smack too....I take it with a grain of salt. Let them.
    "To be [black] in this country and to be relativity conscious is to be in a rage almost all of the time." ~ James Baldwin

Is there actually any proof that he's dead?

Quote Originally Posted by Slushie View Post
    OH,God. Here we go.
    There are pictures, videos, DNA, hair samples. So yes.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I wonder if anything will change.
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Slushie View Post
    Of course...geeze.
    My grace is sufficient for you, for my my strength is made perfect in weakness...I love you dad!
    Rip Mom

Get your 'Osama is Dead' T-shirt here : Hot Topics

You had to know that was going to happen. Within hours of the U.S. announcing they'd captured, and killed, one of the most-hated men in the world, T-shirt companies capitalized on the announcement.

A variety of celebratory bits are splattered across Tees that start around $10.

Here are a few I found this morning:

"Rest in Piss," "Osama got Obama'd" and "Dead LOL" (Chris W., that one is for you) are all available here for $24.

"Uno De Mayo, the Day Osama Was Terminated" is $15 and you can get that one here.

You can channel your inner Wizard of Oz with the "Ding Dong Osama's Dead" tee for $15. That same company has an "Obama Got Osama" shirt and one that says "Rest in Pieces."

If an iron-on is more your speed, you can get one that says "Osama Bin Laden Terminated" for five bucks over here

tacky & tactless

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    OH,God. Here we go.
    There are pictures, videos, DNA, hair samples. So yes.
    I was just asking. I didn't think it was a conspiracy, I was just checking to make sure it was definitely him that they had killed.

Quote Originally Posted by WhateverLolaWants View Post
    I wonder if anything will change.
    Our interactions with Pakistan, for sure.

I'm guessing that there will be a move to 'bring justice' to those that 'sheltered bin Laden' in Pakistan and knew he was there. In other words, an excuse to invade Pakistan.

Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread Information