Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Major U.S. news sources claiming Osama Bin Laden is dead

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Deutsche View Post
    Bush ignored all the signals where Bin Laden was. Because he was in two wars at that time. Back to Pakistan: Musharaf was the only one who was really pro Western and invested a lot of money in the fight against terrorism in Pakistan but that country is so radicalised from deep down the youth and spread in so many tribes that it is not easy to be united against the terrorists.
    Mushariff was NOT pro-West. He benefited from the insane Bush policy of throwing money at men who told him what he wanted to hear. Read up on Chalabi, who got 60 million of our tax dollars to spin lies for Bush. Mushariff got way more than that.

Mushariff's military heavily supported the Taliban, which means so did Mushariff.

It's no accident that as soon as Mushariff was out our intel got better and our military operations more precise. Mushariff totally played Bush to destroy his personal enemies rather than hunting bin Laden.
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

Officials are now thinking of showing pictures of the body to prove it is him.

I can already see the conspiracy theorists going into overdrive with this whole news.

Hit By Ban Bus!

The burial at sea is a little weird. You'd think they'd just bury the body somewhere so it could always be proven. Dumping the body into the ocean makes it impossible to back up later. Don't get that at all.

Yea!!!!! I'm glad that fucker is gone. Now how is the right wing and Trump going to spin this? He did get killed while Obama was Commander in Chief.

Quote Originally Posted by estonia View Post
    The burial at sea is a little weird. You'd think they'd just bury the body somewhere so it could always be proven. Dumping the body into the ocean makes it impossible to back up later. Don't get that at all.
    That has been explained totally. No country would accept the body, but Islamic law requires a speedy burial. That was a logical choice. Besides, every inch of his body was photographed.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    That has been explained totally. No country would accept the body, but Islamic law requires a speedy burial. That was a logical choice. Besides, every inch of his body was photographed.

Oh I get why they did it, I'm just thinking about all the conspiracy theorists out there who will deny that Obama found and killed him.

Quote Originally Posted by Janet296 View Post
    Yea!!!!! I'm glad that fucker is gone. Now how is the right wing and Trump going to spin this? He did get killed while Obama was Commander in Chief.
    Trump will probably say that when he cornered Obama on his birth certificate and make him prove it, the karmic God's paid him back. It's all Donald Trumps doing. :p

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by estonia View Post
    That would be the CSI take on things. Here is another take - the USSR buried Hitler's remains under an anonymous parking lot after grinding them into dust. Why? Cuz they wanted no one making a shrine to him at his grave at any time in the future.

Can you imagine the pilgrimages to bin Laden's burial place? The cult it could maintain if everyone knew where he was or if it happened to slip out or if people started searching for it?

Burial at sea sounds good to me.
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

Quote Originally Posted by olivia View Post
    That would be the CSI take on things. Here is another take - the USSR buried Hitler's remains under an anonymous parking lot after grinding them into dust. Why? Cuz they wanted no one making a shrine to him at his grave at any time in the future.

Can you imagine the pilgrimages to bin Laden's burial place? The cult it could maintain if everyone knew where he was or if it happened to slip out or if people started searching for it?

Burial at sea sounds good to me.
    You make a good point. They won't be able to make a pilgrimage to his grave site. Thank you God for The Navy Seals!

Conspiracy theorists will exist no matter if he was stuffed and displayed on a world tour.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    Conspiracy theorists will exist no matter if he was stuffed and displayed on a world tour.

So true!

Quote Originally Posted by january View Post
    Really happy for the people who will receive some closure from this, it's been a long time coming.
    I wish them peace, a lot of people have been affected by the actions taken on 9/11, not just the families of the people that died that day but the familes of everyone in the military, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarzy View Post
    I'm glad he's dead but I can't feel overjoyed about it. It just makes me think more of the thousands of innocent people that had to get killed in the illegal war. And I think this will make matters worse. There are plenty of people out there to take Osama's place and seek revenge. Sorry to be a debbie downer lol.
    I took some time to think about how I feel about this and what I wanted to post. I know that there will be posters that feel over-joyed at his death, but I can't help but feel that a trial would have been something, I don't like the burial at sea, if its true. I understand about the lack of burial place for "pilgrimages" but other leaders who have been deposed have been disposed of by the state without leaving remains or burial sites.

I want us to look forward to inclusion, not exclusion and I think that the US & the allies should now work on making diplomatic bridges and building relations with the Muslim countries. How world politics progress now could give the US "elder statesmen" status if handled correctly; given the lack of support for the world court & UN decisions I think that this would be good for the US.

At this time, we should reflect in what it cost to succeed at this task, the lives lost and the lives changed irreparably forever. We need to thank the ordinary people living extra-ordinary lives that have made this happen, on the ground.

On the BBC News, we've just been told that this doesn't mean our troops are coming home from Afganistan. Using this as a bludgeon for countries that do not "tow the line" is disrespectful of every life lost to achieve this.

I had such high hopes for this.......

Not sure how I feel about this. While I understand the celebrating, especially for the younger kids (because I would have been doing that too if I was 20), but for me, not a kid anymore, it almost brings more questions and possibly more issues up...
    The whole Pakistan thing...apparently they are pretty pissed off at the U.S. right now and are no longer 'friends' with us {gee, sounds like FB). Yet, they allowed him to live a fairly nice life for several years right? Clearly issues here.

Certainly not the end of the Taliban because Bin Laden is dead, but hoping they have been somewhat dismantled by this. Guess we'll find out..

The burial at sea thing, understandable. But yet I highly doubt that actually happened. Gov't has his body and will be doing autopsy to see if he had kidney disease, etc. Just a hunch.

I don't know...hard to organize my thoughts..but I do hope that it brings some closure to everyone who lost a loved one, from the first bombings in 1994--to the present casualties in the military who have died. So many people....

Quote Originally Posted by LynnieD View Post
    Not sure how I feel about this. While I understand the celebrating, especially for the younger kids (because I would have been doing that too if I was 20), but for me, not a kid anymore, it almost brings more questions and possibly more issues up...
    The whole Pakistan thing...apparently they are pretty pissed off at the U.S. right now and are no longer 'friends' with us {gee, sounds like FB). Yet, they allowed him to live a fairly nice life for several years right? Clearly issues here.

Certainly not the end of the Taliban because Bin Laden is dead, but hoping they have been somewhat dismantled by this. Guess we'll find out..

The burial at sea thing, understandable. But yet I highly doubt that actually happened. Gov't has his body and will be doing autopsy to see if he had kidney disease, etc. Just a hunch.

I don't know...hard to organize my thoughts..but I do hope that it brings some closure to everyone who lost a loved one, from the first bombings in 1994--to the present casualties in the military who have died. So many people....
    Bravo Lynnie.

The whole Pakistan situation disturbs me. I can understand why the US may feel that the Pakistanis "harboured" him, but also this is a big diplomatic incident and could cause many issues in the future.
    I'm not sure what I think about this yet and can only wait to see how it plays out.

Novice, Obama went out of his way to give credit to all Muslim nations for their help and support.
    My favorite part was when he pointed out no real Muslim ever supported this thug.

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    Bravo Lynnie.

The whole Pakistan situation disturbs me. I can understand why the US may feel that the Pakistanis "harboured" him, but also this is a big diplomatic incident and could cause many issues in the future.
    I'm not sure what I think about this yet and can only wait to see how it plays out.
    I think the U.S. is on Pakistan's 'list' now....not in a good way. As it was, we were 'frienimies' (sp?)...and this most certainly cannot help the relationship. I don't know if they harbored him either, SOMEONE had to have known in my head, but perhaps not people higher up or in Intelligence. Dunno.

It's over, its done. I just wish the all the Militaries would come home and the killings stop. But I know thats not going to happen...but I wish it would.
    Perhaps we can at least move, even so slightly, to that...

Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread Information