Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Major U.S. news sources claiming Osama Bin Laden is dead

Quote Originally Posted by C_is_for_Cookie View Post
    Obama's Toby Ziegler did a good job writing that speech.
    He did, but Obama did a fantastic job of speaking the words.

Pleople who lost family members are overjoyed-at last.

I have one good friend with a son high up in Army Rangers.
    Another, a trained sniper. Will we ever know who? I doubt it-they would be in great danger forever.

Stock market will go UP.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

It was really really nice to hear him say, "One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all." As he started the phrase, I wondered if he'd edit it. I have never been a fan of Obama but I think that showed character I didn't know he (or his speech writer) had.

The United States got a lead on bin Laden's whereabouts last August, and Obama ordered a U.S. military action that resulted in a shootout that killed the terrorist mindmind in a compound deep in Pakistan, Obama said from the White House tonight.
    The stunning news of the death of the Al Qaeda mastermind comes almost 10 years after the September 11 terrorist attacks. The firefight that killed bin Laden came about as the result of U.S. military action.
    U.S. forces shot bin Laden in the head in a mansion outside the Pakistani capital of Islamabad, CNN and CBS reported. No U.S. personnel were killed in the action, Obama said, and civilian casualties were avoided.
    Bin Laden's body is no longer in Afghanistan, CNN further reported. A full autopsy will be performed to confirm the body belongs to bin Laden; the United States had collected samples of bis Laden's DNA for just this purpose.

Osama bin Laden is dead, Obama announces: “Justice is done” - Yahoo! News

It is about time!
    now,let's do to his body what was done to Mussolini.
    When you're strange
    Faces come out of the rain

I'm not feeling the closure yet, maybe tomorrow once it sinks in. I was always afraid he would die of his kidneys before we could put him on trial and then kill him. I wanted to see his face when he faced charges, but now he's just dead. I don't know why this is upsetting me so much.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Well President Obama still might as well be the antichrist according to a fuckload of idiots on my FB list who can't stand it and are being total babies about the fact that this occurred on his watch instead of their beloved Bush's. (I guess it's time to pare it down, finally).
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

^Honestly, I don't like that it occurred on his watch. The people who deserve the credit are the men and women who have fought or are fighting overseas. It belongs to the intelligence community that has made this their mission. It belongs to military officials who lead these men and women. I, personally, have no confidence that Obama had any part of this huge victory yet history will hand it to him. In the end, it doesn't matter. Osama is gone and it's 10 years past due.

personally i don't give a shit who takes credit. the job is done, and thats awesome.

after 9/11 hubs cousin enlisted in the army because of what this bastard and his cronies did. he died in Iraq in 2007. I bet, at the very least, his mom and dad are thrilled beyond words, but still wish they could have their son back.

so, on behalf of them, i'm going to look at the great side of this. that fucker is dead

RIP Jeffrey Bisson
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Now they're saying it was two helo's of Navy SEALs that offed him. One of his sons was also killed, as was a woman who was used as a human shield.

I'm just sick of people unable to put aside their asinine political partisanship for two seconds and have a goddamned show of unity. Apparently that is just too fucking much to ask.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by Bellatheball View Post
    I, personally, have no confidence that Obama had any part of this huge victory yet history will hand it to him. In the end, it doesn't matter. Osama is gone and it's 10 years past due.
    That reminds me, Republicans have quoted endlessly the story that the Sudanese offered bin Laden to Bill Clinton and he turned them down. Which is probably false. However, the story is supposed to illustrate how indecisive and off-the-mark on terrorism the Clinton Administration was. As well as show that 9/11 was somehow the fault of Clinton for being so lax in pursuing bin Laden, allowing him to set plans in motion that hit us during the Bush Administration.

It has to be a painful irony that the "soft-on-terrorism", "crypto-Muslim" Obama was the sitting President when bin Laden was finally dispatched.

I also think it's kind of ironic that the "rugged mujahedin warrior" bin Laden was shot in a mansion of all places. They should check around the same swanky neighborhood for Al-Zawahiri.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsDark View Post
    I'm just sick of people unable to put aside their asinine political partisanship for two seconds and have a goddamned show of unity. Apparently that is just too fucking much to ask.
    Not sure if that's directed at me personally but I'm certainly celebrating tonight! You mentioned facebook posters being unhappy about Obama being in office for it and I was just trying to give you my perspective (not that you asked for it).

^^^
    would you have been happier if it had happened during the bush presidency?
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

i know people are fighting on my facebook too, ugh, of course i grew up around a bunch of tards up there in oregon (no offense you oregonians on here, but that was my experience) and my sisters fighting w/ a stupid ass ex neighbor of our, the biggest hick you ever saw, and she was all did you see me fighing with so-and-so and i said no im too busy fighting on GR

well in celebration im gonna have my last Medalla light beer strait from puerto rico i think this calls for it! i been saving that baby a while too

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread Information