Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Major U.S. news sources claiming Osama Bin Laden is dead

When your daughter plays "House," she pretends to be an annoying doctor with a pill-addiction and a limp.

Obama keeps poker face after bin Laden order

FILE - In this April 30, 2011 file photo, President Barack Obama attends the White House Correspondents’ Association Dinner in Washington. In a remarkable 36 hours of his presidency, Barack Obama carried a momentous secret and gave no hint of it as he consoled tornado victims, delivered a college commencement address and cracked jokes at a black-tie dinner.

Obama keeps poker face after bin Laden order - Yahoo! News

WASHINGTON – In a remarkable 36 hours of his presidency, Barack Obama carried a momentous secret and gave no hint of it as he consoled tornado victims, delivered a college commencement address and cracked jokes at a black-tie dinner.
    What few insiders knew was that Obama gave the go-ahead Friday for the military operation that would end with the death of terrorist leader Osama bin Laden, target of the world's most intense manhunt.
    After giving his consent, Obama, wife Michelle and daughters Sasha and Malia left the White House on a busy day of travel, with three stops in two states.
    In Alabama, one of several Southern states battered by fierce tornados, Obama assumed his role as consoler in chief as he and the first lady got an up-close look at communities in Tuscaloosa that had been flattened by the twisters.
    Next stop: Cape Canaveral, Fla., even though Endeavour's launch, the next to last one before the shuttle fleet is retired, had been scrubbed for technical reasons well before Obama left Alabama. He stuck to his schedule, touring NASA facilities with his family. He also met privately with wounded Rep. Gabrielle Giffords, D-Ariz. Her husband, Mark Kelly, is the shuttle commander.
    The president also delivered an evening commencement address at Miami Dade College before returning to Washington.
    Obama wore a poker face throughout the weekend.
    On Saturday, Obama attended the White House Correspondents' Association annual dinner and lobbed a few barbs at Donald Trump after having endured weeks of attacks by the prospective Republican presidential candidate over whether Obama is U.S.-born.
    On Sunday, Obama headed for the Andrews Air Force Base golf course, as he does on many weekends when the weather is nice. But he only played nine holes, instead of his customary 18, and left after about four hours. The reporters who accompany him on public outings thought the chilly, rainy weather played into his decision to leave hours earlier than usual.
    Actually, Obama was headed for a meeting to review final preparations for the operation against bin Laden.
    In retrospect, there were some meager clues that something may have been going on. Obama went straight to the Oval Office in his golf shoes, instead of to the residence as he normally does after golf. Photos showed him looking tense and clench-jawed.
    All became clear late Sunday when Obama told the nation shortly before midnight that bin Laden had been killed at the hands of U.S. forces.

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    This 'burial' crap is PC for "chucked him into the ocean out of a helicopter" only he was already dead according to the pics I've seen. It wouldn't be the first time someone has disappeared this way at the hands of the US military.

Don't get me wrong, I'm delighted the SOB is dead but it won't solve the problem of worldwide Islamic terrorism, in fact it will probably add fuel to the fire.
    The photo of Osama dead is a fake. There hasn't been any photos released yet. I think they'll have to release them as a lot of people don't believe he's dead.
    This shows how that photo was faked. *Warning to anyone who's not seen it, it's graphic.*
    http://twitpic.com/4sgpq1

A*O

Yeah - I was too quick to believe the pic was real. My bad. But I do believe he died in a hail of US bullets. I doubt we'll ever know which SEAL actually pulled the trigger but I bet the media will be making all kinds of tempting offers for him to tell his story.

I'm getting angrier at Pakistan's obvious complicity in keeping quiet about his whereabouts. Either they are embarrassed that he was living right under their incompetant noses or, more likely, they'd been protecting their 'brother' all along. But then again Al Q'uaida doesn't need OBL to continue it's Islamo-facist agenda any more. There are PLENTY of others willing and able to step into his shoes. He was really only the money man and 'figurehead' anyway. His deputies were the organising and logistics masterminds.

Anyone else find themselves double checking articles say "OBama" or "OSama"? LOL
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

I'm not sad that he died but the idea of celebrating anyones death is odd to me. (Not judging those who are - to each their own) In this case, I'm very worried about the implications of his death and worry that celebration of his death will further fuel their hate. It leaves me wondering what will they do next.

I am also concerned with the Pakistan involvement. I really don't see this ending well.
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    This scares the fuck out of me.
    mmmhmmm...
    Quote Originally Posted by MsChiff View Post
    Me too, greys :biting nails:
    yep. my son called me this morning to tell me that our city is the number 2 most likely to be hit by an attack. number one being New York.
    Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    I picked a bad time to stop sniffing glue.
    right... like you gave that shit up.
    Yeah - I was too quick to believe the pic was real. My bad. But I do believe he died in a hail of US bullets. I doubt we'll ever know which SEAL actually pulled the trigger but I bet the media will be making all kinds of tempting offers for him to tell his story.

I'm getting angrier at Pakistan's obvious complicity in keeping quiet about his whereabouts. Either they are embarrassed that he was living right under their incompetant noses or, more likely, they'd been protecting their 'brother' all along. But then again Al Q'uaida doesn't need OBL to continue it's Islamo-facist agenda any more. There are PLENTY of others willing and able to step into his shoes. He was really only the money man and 'figurehead' anyway. His deputies were the organising and logistics masterminds.

Anyone else find themselves double checking articles say "OBama" or "OSama"? LOL
    I do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleuth View Post
    I'm not sad that he died but the idea of celebrating anyones death is odd to me. (Not judging those who are - to each their own) In this case, I'm very worried about the implications of his death and worry that celebration of his death will further fuel their hate. It leaves me wondering what will they do next.

I am also concerned with the Pakistan involvement. I really don't see this ending well.
    I'm with you on this. It won't end well. its nuts.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

"But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    Now that is funny as hell!
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

Mr. Cornflake woke me yesterday morning saying "Special ops took out OBama." I'm like "wtf!omg!why!" He gave me a strange look and then the light went off: "I mean OSama."

I nearly had a stroke.

I don't want to freak anyone out but has this been posted? Rather strange it was reported so recently on 25th April 2011, saying Al-Qaeda will launch a 'nuclear hellstorm' if Bin Laden is ever captured.
    Guantanamo detainee's 'nuclear hellstorm' warning - Channel 4 News

well... he wasn't captured, so I guess we avoided that one.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    well... he wasn't captured, so I guess we avoided that one.
    Well they do say if he is killed too. Hopefully it's just them trying to scare the hell out of people by saying that.

Very hard to believe that Al Qaeda would sit on a nuke indefinitely and only use it in the unlikely event that something happened to bin Laden.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    Very hard to believe that Al Qaeda would sit on a nuke indefinitely and only use it in the unlikely event that something happened to bin Laden.
    Good point. You would think if they had it they'd use it whenever they had the chance.

I have so many mixed emotions over this. I was at the University of Virginia with my 17 year old daughter when it was announced. We joined students on the lawn who were chanting USA. I kept looking at the faces of these 18-22 year old kids and realizing they were so young when 9/11 happened and that they most likely do not understand all the possible ramifications of what was happening.

My brother has served in Afghanistan 6 times now in the last 8 years. Mine is a military family for several generations now. Bin Laden needed to be removed but, at this point, he was nothing more than a figure head so I do not feel as though we have destroyed or even weakened Al Queda. In fact we have most likely made the terrorist even stronger in their resolve to attack again. That said, we still did need to get him and hold him accountable for his actions on 9/11. I was upset that he was buried at sea because I knew it would leave the door open for people to say it was disrespectful and that it was all a farce and he isn't really dead. Problem is that a trial would have been unmanagable and created even more safety issues. There are no easy answers here and I am thankful I am not in charge! I do have a hard time celebrating his death though. I was insulted when I saw footage of people in Muslim countries celebrating the deaths of my fellow citizens on 9/11 and can't bring myself down to that level.
    Last edited by sluce; May 3rd, 2011 at 12:21 PM.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Thread Information