Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: Major U.S. news sources claiming Osama Bin Laden is dead

Quote Originally Posted by estonia View Post
    The only thing that seemed weird about the burial at sea to me is that the burial custom in Islam is to have the body facing Mecca, can't remember if it's head or feet in that direction. I have never heard of burial at sea being an accepted practice but I guess it must be if they have to bury them in 24 hours. Although I agree with Lynnie, it makes sense for them to just say they buried him at sea so that no one will demand the body etc and also whoever said that they didn't want a shrine to him.
    Apparently, it's only appropriate if the person DIED at sea. So, some people are already complaining about the lack of respect for his remains.

Of course, this is a guy who saw to it that a whole bunch of people's remains, Muslim and Christian alike, were never accounted for, and thus not given a burial in accordance with their religions either.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    Apparently, it's only appropriate if the person DIED at sea. So, some people are already complaining about the lack of respect for his remains.

Of course, this is a guy who saw to it that a whole bunch of people's remains, Muslim and Christian alike, were never accounted for, and thus not given a burial in accordance with their religions either.

Thank you for posting that! That's exactly what's been bugging me but I couldn't put my finger on it. Seems to me people are going to be angry that they tossed him over the side of the boat, no matter how nicely they made it sound. He's fish food right now.

I agree he doesn't deserve a respectful burial. But I worry about retaliation.

I don't think they need an excuse for retaliation. We killed him, isn't that enough?
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    I don't think they need an excuse for retaliation. We killed him, isn't that enough?
    Yup. I read several articles today where people who support him are calling for our (the west) heads. He was a "spiritual warrior" murdered by the west.

I would have preferred a trial. I'm probably in the minority on that, but that's fine.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

^ I'm with you. I would have loved to see him stand and face his charges.

ABC said last night that he had given orders to his bodyguards to kill him rather than let him be taken into custody.

Quote Originally Posted by CornFlakegrl View Post
    Yup. I read several articles today where people who support him are calling for our (the west) heads. He was a "spiritual warrior" murdered by the west.
    It is a zero sum game. By not killing him, it makes a mockery of our ability to bring him to some form of justice, and adds to his legend. By killing him, he is somehow a "martyr" for the cause.

However, the luster of his martyrdom is somewhat tainted by his posh surroundings when finally captured. Not to mention the further black eye to Pakistan and their intelligence service, who are now being accused of essentially providing bin Laden with a safe house.

Anyone with half a brain knew that the ISI was helping him. Accusing them now is arriving a bit late to the party.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    I would have preferred a trial. I'm probably in the minority on that, but that's fine.

This was my thoughts as well.

How long is that roadwork supposed to last? I'm going to be down there next week....
    I'm thinking it's only late at night. They turned 95 into a one lane road for about 15 miles. This was around midnight last night... Added an hour more to my trip.
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I also choose to believe the rumors because I am, when it is all said and done, a dirty gossip.

Great job from our Navy Seals!

He now sleeps with the fishes

No, a trial would have been a ridiculous circus. A long, drawn-out political and logistical nightmare that would only have served to increase bin Laden's legend and martyrdom.

Oh, and I hope he had time to feel fear and shit his pants before they shot him.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

3. Proved that the United States will pursue you until they get you if you perpetrate an attack against the U.S.
    Unless your name is Hirohito.

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    Unless your name is Hirohito.
    Having tiny Hirohito personally surrender to a foot-taller Douglas McArthur on the U.S.S. Missouri was pretty sweet, though.

Anyone with half a brain knew that the ISI was helping him. Accusing them now is arriving a bit late to the party.
    Yup, they have been suspected of helping him and many other radicals. Also, almost starting a nuclear war with India by funding terrorist attacks in India proper and the disputed Kashmir reason. Supposedly, both Obama and (Hilary) Clinton pointedly did not thank Pakistan for their assistance with the operation, showing how untrustworthy Pakistan is.

Having tiny Hirohito personally surrender to a foot-taller Douglas McArthur on the U.S.S. Missouri was pretty sweet, though.

Not that sweet. Hirohito wasn't on the Missouri, just his representatives.

Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread Information