Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Louisiana to ban abortions if Roe v. Wade overturned

Silver Member

Default Re: Louisiana to ban abortions if Roe v. Wade overturned

Naw, you don't need to, they're all about attention and drama

And if you say you're not a big ole drama queen, then you're not a big ole drama queen. Wouldn't wanna argue with you about it
    "I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it."

Don't get me wrong.. I like packing my posts with as much flourish as possible, but it generally has an entertaining bent to it

I'm a drama queen, but I don't need an ego-masturbatory thread of feigned goodbyes to get that point across

*flips feather boa over shoulder and tosses hair*
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok
    Don't get me wrong.. I like packing my posts with as much flourish as possible, but it generally has an entertaining bent to it
    Which is why we love you...and give me my boa back bitch!!
    "I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it."

Oh no you di'int!
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok
    Yes it is, and it happens. That's a reality that abortion foes never tend to consider.

LOL really? Is not having enough money to raise a child cowardice? Is not being mature enough to raise a child cowardice? Is not being in a suitable environment to raise a child cowardice?

No, that's called RESPONSIBLE THINKING. The pro-lifers don't seem to care about those details, and would rather a screwed up child be born into an abusive, poor environment and grow up to be a fucked up, unproductive member of society that drains the system.

Then the conservatives claim that taxes are too high? Hilarious!

Yes, and you obviously had the means to do it. What about those that don't? More adoption, more foster homes, more terrible upbringings?

That's nice, but how dare you apply that belief onto others? What gives you, or anybody the right to decide for them?

Selling her soul? Yikes. Put down the bible. Adoption is a recourse in some instances, but not all. There are tons of kids that need to be adopted but aren't, and end up in fucked up foster homes as a result.

But hey: yet another consideration the right to lifers never think about. Right to life ends at birth and then all responsibility is conveniently dispensed with.

THINK MORE LONG TERM.
    It all comes down to the culture (for lack of a better word) of adoption. We don't revere it enough. If we put more importance on adoption rather than reproductive rights maybe some of us would become less self-serving.

Maybe, but that's not a reason to restrict people's rights in the first place. There tends to be this utopian thinking that "If you're not ready to have a baby, don't have sex", which is, at best, a fantasy.

The reality is that people have, are, and will always have sex when they aren't ready, prepared, or otherwise. Simply wishing it away will do nothing. It will always be with us.

That's the reality a lot of religious whackos and pro-lifers tend to ignore: they seem to think that the world works in black and white ways with nothing in between and work so very hard to make it that way, despite the impossibility of it ever occuring.

So..anyways..so they expect a woman who has been raped to carry the child? Sure it isn't the kid's fault..but why should SHE BE PUNISHED?
    Hearing crap like that makes me want to become an atheist.
    Life will break you. Nobody can protect you from that, and living alone won't either, for solitude will also break you with its yearning. You have to love. You have to feel. Horrible isn't it? It makes you so vulnerable.

Bronze Member

The problem with adoption is the difficulty of getting the mother to care enough about her baby to take care of it up untill the adoption and for her to actually go through the lengthy process of adoption. Assuming that termination is made illegal and adoption becomes the best way for a mother to 'get rid' of the child what makes people think that this woman or girl will sacrifice 9 months of her life ...i.e stop all behaviour that is detrimental to the child. women who think nothing of having abortions and have had many are not the sort of people i would like to be taking care of unborn or born children. I am not certain but i assume that adoption is a long and time consuming process and perhaps it would be easier for the mother to keep the child and neglect it or impose it on the welfare system once it becomes a real problem. i know this is a reach but perhaps these 'mothers ' might become used to collecting there welfare checks and therefore keep the child around for pure income.
    With that being said i really feel that my body is just that mine. I have not had to go through the difficult and heart renching choice of deciding to keep a child or not. I think anyone that chooses to abort or to keep the baby is very brave. because either choice is difficult to make for most people. (obviously excluding people who have abortions post lunch between manicures and pedicures). But i would fight hard to keep this choice thankfully my government hasn't tried to introduce such bills.

Quote Originally Posted by UndercoverGator
    *amused grin* Grimm, I've never been sure why you always chose to fight over US abortion laws considering you're a Canadian. Why do you care so much?
    I can't speak for Grimm, but this kind of retrograde thinking tends to be contagious and doesn't recognize borders.

Grimm and Crumpet are absolutely correct.

I love the religious argument to abortion that God declares a fetus a life. Pro lifers forget that this country has a separation of church and state, and not everyone believes in the same God. Therefore, the "God" argument clearly does not apply to everyone.

Until a fetus receives a SSN, they don't "exist." The day they give me a tax credit for a fetus is the day they can declare it a "life."

Seperation of church and state? Not any more.

Not with "faith based initiatives" and "abstinence only" sex ed, crusader bombast in foreign policy speeches and all the rest of the neocon christofascist bullshit going on.

Quote Originally Posted by pacific breeze
    I can't speak for Grimm, but this kind of retrograde thinking tends to be contagious and doesn't recognize borders.
    In other words you all care up there because you very well may be contaminated by our Krazy Kristians and their days and ways! The Us/Canadian border is porous enough to allow thought-shit to seep through in large amounts!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information