Page 38 of 43 FirstFirst ... 28343536373839404142 ... LastLast
Like Tree613Likes

Thread: Live US Election 2012 Thread

I was saying to someone in line on Tuesday that it would be smart if someone like the Girl Scouts, Brownies or a local bakery set up a cheap coffee and treats area in the polling places - I could have used a refill about that time and would have loved to have something to munch on while I waited.
    Waterslide likes this.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Seems like a lot of schools could use the extra money. But we vote at the Courthouse. Maybe they would not allow it,sounds great to me.
    This could explain all those people wanting to move to Austrailia. I can see why! CAKE!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    Mmmm. Lamington's. We loved them. They reminded me a lot of a dessert cake here called a Dolly Madison Zinger.

For Democrats who want to spike the football, here are some incredibly wrong-headed predictions by Republican pundits and analysts:

"Here comes the landslide… The result was that the presidential race reached a tipping point. Reasonable voters saw that the voice of hope and optimism and positivism was Romney while the president was only a nitpicking, quarrelsome, negative figure. The contrast does not work in Obama’s favor," - Dick Morris, The Hill.
    "There is no denying the Republicans have the passion now, the enthusiasm. The Democrats do not. Independents are breaking for Romney. And there’s the thing about the yard signs. In Florida a few weeks ago I saw Romney signs, not Obama ones. From Ohio I hear the same. From tony Northwest Washington, D.C., I hear the same. Is it possible this whole thing is playing out before our eyes and we’re not really noticing because we’re too busy looking at data on paper instead of what’s in front of us? Maybe that’s the real distortion of the polls this year: They left us discounting the world around us," - Peggy Noonan, WSJ.
    "In addition to the data, the anecdotal and intangible evidence—from crowd sizes to each side's closing arguments—give the sense that the odds favor Mr. Romney. They do. My prediction: Sometime after the cock crows on the morning of Nov. 7, Mitt Romney will be declared America's 45th president. Let's call it 51%-48%, with Mr. Romney carrying at least 279 Electoral College votes, probably more," - Karl Rove, WSJ.
    "Bottom line: Romney 315, Obama 223. That sounds high for Romney. But he could drop Pennsylvania and Wisconsin and still win the election. Fundamentals," - Michael Barone, Washington Examiner.
    "Both political science and the political polls too often imply a scientific precision that I no longer think actually exists in American politics. I have slowly learned that politics is a lot more art than science than I once believed. Accordingly, what follows is a prediction based on my interpretation of the lay of the land. I know others see it differently--and they could very well be right, and I could be wrong. I think Mitt Romney is likely to win next Tuesday," - Jay Cost, Weekly Standard.
    "Feels like 1980 to me: Same failed president, same crisis-plagued globe, same upbeat GOP nominee written off four years ago who won the key debate, same chance to get the Senate. Romney is the president-elect on Wednesday, with Pennsylvania, Ohio, Wisconsin, New Hampshire, Iowa, and Colorado. Senate tied 50–50 after Ohio brings in Josh Mandel. Let the rebuilding begin," - Hugh Hewitt, National Review.
    "Despite the pattern of skewed polls, most of the commissioned by the mainstream media, the overall electoral landscape is looking more and more favorable for Romney. But many others in the media project very favorable maps and projections for Obama but those doing so fail to realize or accept how heavily-skewed polls distort any average or analysis that relies on them,"- Dean Chambers, UnSkewedPolls.com.
    "I'm projecting Minnesota to go for Romney. Now, that's the only state in the union, because Mondale held it -- native son Mondale held it when Romney was -- when Reagan was getting 49 states -- the only state that's voted Democratic in nine consecutive elections. But this year, there's a marriage amendment on the ballot that will bring out the evangelicals and I think could make the difference. Romney: 321 Obama: 217," - George Will, Washington Post.
    "Romney wins the Electoral College with room to spare — somewhere around 300 electors. All four marriage votes in the deepest of blue states (Washington, Maryland, Minnesota, and Maine) will be won by traditional-marriage supporters. This will happen even though supporters of same-sex marriage have outspent us by gargantuan amounts. … In Minnesota and Iowa, Mitt Romney will defy expectations and score truly historic wins. A state with longest track record of voting for Democratic presidential candidates — nine election cycles — will vote for a Republican. The marriage amendment will be part of the reason" - Brian S. Brown, National Organization For Marriage.
    Wow. Looks like they called it wrong on every possible count! Including gay marriage. LOL dumbasses.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Someone on facebook had a great comment: Voting booths are like glory holes. You go in alone and end up with a jerkoff.
    sputnik, Butterfly and Waterslide like this.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    Mmmm. Lamington's. We loved them. They reminded me a lot of a dessert cake here called a Dolly Madison Zinger.

For Democrats who want to spike the football, here are some incredibly wrong-headed predictions by Republican pundits and analysts:

"Here comes the landslide… The result was that the presidential race reached a tipping point. Reasonable voters saw that the voice of hope and optimism and positivism was Romney while the president was only a nitpicking, quarrelsome, negative figure. The contrast does not work in Obama’s favor," - Dick Morris, The Hill.
    "There is no denying the Republicans have the passion now, the enthusiasm. The Democrats do not. Independents are breaking for Romney. And there’s the thing about the yard signs. In Florida a few weeks ago I saw Romney signs, not Obama ones. From Ohio I hear the same. From tony Northwest Washington, D.C., I hear the same. Is it possible this whole thing is playing out before our eyes and we’re not really noticing because we’re too busy looking at data on paper instead of what’s in front of us? Maybe that’s the real distortion of the polls this year: They left us discounting the world around us," - Peggy Noonan, WSJ.
    "In addition to the data, the anecdotal and intangible evidence—from crowd sizes to each side's closing arguments—give the sense that the odds favor Mr. Romney. They do. My prediction: Sometime after the cock crows on the morning of Nov. 7, Mitt Romney will be declared America's 45th president. Let's call it 51%-48%, with Mr. Romney carrying at least 279 Electoral College votes, probably more," - Karl Rove, WSJ.
    "Bottom line: Romney 315, Obama 223. That sounds high for Romney. But he could drop Pennsylvania and Wisconsin and still win the election. Fundamentals," - Michael Barone, Washington Examiner.
    "Both political science and the political polls too often imply a scientific precision that I no longer think actually exists in American politics. I have slowly learned that politics is a lot more art than science than I once believed. Accordingly, what follows is a prediction based on my interpretation of the lay of the land. I know others see it differently--and they could very well be right, and I could be wrong. I think Mitt Romney is likely to win next Tuesday," - Jay Cost, Weekly Standard.
    "Feels like 1980 to me: Same failed president, same crisis-plagued globe, same upbeat GOP nominee written off four years ago who won the key debate, same chance to get the Senate. Romney is the president-elect on Wednesday, with Pennsylvania, Ohio, Wisconsin, New Hampshire, Iowa, and Colorado. Senate tied 50–50 after Ohio brings in Josh Mandel. Let the rebuilding begin," - Hugh Hewitt, National Review.
    "Despite the pattern of skewed polls, most of the commissioned by the mainstream media, the overall electoral landscape is looking more and more favorable for Romney. But many others in the media project very favorable maps and projections for Obama but those doing so fail to realize or accept how heavily-skewed polls distort any average or analysis that relies on them,"- Dean Chambers, UnSkewedPolls.com.
    "I'm projecting Minnesota to go for Romney. Now, that's the only state in the union, because Mondale held it -- native son Mondale held it when Romney was -- when Reagan was getting 49 states -- the only state that's voted Democratic in nine consecutive elections. But this year, there's a marriage amendment on the ballot that will bring out the evangelicals and I think could make the difference. Romney: 321 Obama: 217," - George Will, Washington Post.
    "Romney wins the Electoral College with room to spare — somewhere around 300 electors. All four marriage votes in the deepest of blue states (Washington, Maryland, Minnesota, and Maine) will be won by traditional-marriage supporters. This will happen even though supporters of same-sex marriage have outspent us by gargantuan amounts. … In Minnesota and Iowa, Mitt Romney will defy expectations and score truly historic wins. A state with longest track record of voting for Democratic presidential candidates — nine election cycles — will vote for a Republican. The marriage amendment will be part of the reason" - Brian S. Brown, National Organization For Marriage.
    I think if they thought it enough and talked about it enough maybe they could make these things could come true.

Something else that struck me was that Romney lost in his home state of Massachusetts, his father's home state of Michigan, and Ryan lost in his home state of Wisconsin, while Obama and Biden won their home states of Illinois and Delaware. Kinda says something doesn't it?

Obama also won Hawaii and had a lot of support in Kenya too.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Here's something entertaining: Bush got a higher percentage of the Mormon vote when he ran against Gore in 2004 than Romney got against Obama.

Romney Mormon Vote - Business Insider
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by stef View Post
    17 People Talking About Assassinating The President

these people's stupidity is mind-blowing.
    Especially when they try to explain themselves:

News keeps getting worse for Denise Helms, the 22-year-old California woman whose racist, threatening Facebook status about President Barack Obama went viral this week. Helms has since been fired from her job at a Turlock, Calif., Cold Stone Creamery, and the Secret Service is now looking into her comments.
    “Another 4 years of this (N-word),” Helms wrote on her Facebook Tuesday night. “Maybe he will get assassinated this term.”
    Sacramento's Fox 40 news crew caught up with an unapologetic Helms on Wednesday.

"I didn't think it would be that big of a deal," she said. "The assassination part is kind of harsh. I'm not saying like I would go do that or anything like that, by any means, but if it was to happen, I don't think I'd care one bit."

She then took to Facebook to defend herself, according to The Modesto Bee.
    So apparently my post last night about Obama got onto Twitter and Fox 40 came and interviewed me cause apparently a lot of people in Sacramento think I'm crazy and racist. WOW is all I got to say!! I'm not racist and I'm not crazy. just simply stating my opinion.!!!"
    Her Facebook account has since been deactivated.
    Helm's supervisor, Turlock Cold Stone Creamery store director Chris Kegle, told The Bee that he was shocked to read about his employee's comments, which he said do not line up with his company's values.
    "We found her comments to be very disgusting," Kegle said. "We made the decision [to fire her] because of her comments, but also the community feedback. We are very into working with the community and doing community service. So when your community does not like you because of an employee, that's bad. We have a business to run."
    Cold Stone's Twitter feed was besieged by angry tweets, and the company has worked hard to disassociate itself with Helms.

So she uses the n-word and then claims to not be a racist? Rilly?
    SuriCruise likes this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

But OMG as long as you call it your opinion, it's not like racist, right? Now she's got the Secret Service looking into her shit. I'm sure nothing will happen to her, but it's amusing to me because she's a racist dumbass.
    SuriCruise likes this.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Something tells me the Secret Service will have a Come To Jesus meeting with her.
    Brookie likes this.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

There's a difference between having an opinion and being a racist you ignorant cunt.
    OrangeSlice likes this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

How about if your opinion is that Obama is the N word and ought to be assassinated for it, you are a racist. What does this dumb twat think racism is?
    OrangeSlice and SuriCruise like this.

Perhaps the US Secret Service will provide an education to this dimbulb about what racism is. Let's see her get another job in this community any time soon with any reputable employer - maybe it'll sink in then.

Or not.
    Waterslide likes this.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Quazar View Post

Something else that struck me was that Romney lost in his home state of Massachusetts, his father's home state of Michigan, and Ryan lost in his home state of Wisconsin, while Obama and Biden won their home states of Illinois and Delaware. Kinda says something doesn't it?

Not really. Massachusetts never votes red, except for Reagan. Wisconsin hasn't voted red since 1984 (the only state Reagan didn't take in that election was minnesota), and Michigan has voted blue for the past 24 years. Ill & DE have been solidly blue states for 20 years.

It would have taken someone a lot more charismatic and popular than Mittens to turn those states.
    Last edited by witchcurlgirl; November 10th, 2012 at 02:34 PM.
    laynes likes this.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Thread Information