Page 2 of 43 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Like Tree613Likes

Thread: Live US Election 2012 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaMama View Post
    I voted! My Montana vote won't mean much on the federal level, but with such a small population, I certainly feel like it's worth it on the local/state level.

How many do y'all have, 3 or 4?

Quote Originally Posted by MrsDark View Post
    I had to vote in a goddamn church. I know it's just a building, but that just seems so wrong!
    Where I grew up our polling place alternated between the 1st Baptist Church and my Catholic elementary school. I guess they alternated because they wanted to be fair between religions, LMAO.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I got lucky and was able to walk straight through. People here normally crowd in just before and after regular work hours so it worked out going in the middle of the afternoon after lunch. I was going to early-vote, but my regular polling place is just down the road and I have to go all the way into downtown in the massive crowd and parallel park or walk half a mile to get to the damn place to vote early. Normally I absolutely dread the people handing out cards and talking at me going in, but they were pretty respectful today and weren't terribly pushy. I'll be so glad when the phone calls stop, the million signs disappear, and the damn commercials are gone. It's unbearable at this point. NC is really too close to call, but I'm really hoping there's a few surprised co-workers tomorrow. I was going to vote come hell or high water just to cancel one co-worker's vote out.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

^ we have laws here that don't allow electioneering outside the polls. it spares us that nonsense.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    We have a lot of really important propositions on the ballot this year. School funding, death penalty, food labeling, etc. I'm mostly voting for those. I'm going after nap-time this afternoon.
    Our ballot was seven pages long with all the initiatives it had this year. We took the kids with us - you were allowed to take up to 2 of them with you to the booth when you voted.

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    ^ we have laws here that don't allow electioneering outside the polls. it spares us that nonsense.
    There was just one person doing that outside the school where we voted. It was 27 F this morning, with a stiff breeze. Not great conditions for electioneering.

The main reason I'm glad we have mail-in voting now is because of the electioneers and exit pollers. Jackasses. Its bad enough these asshats have been ringing my doorbell every weekend.
    Lalique likes this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

You're lucky. I live in BFE and there were still about 8-10 people outside the elementary school where I voted with signs handing out cards, pens, etc. and asking for my vote. Sometimes it can be really pushy, but if I just shake my head and keep my hands in my pockets, they're good about leaving me alone.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

Here, electioneering and campaigning are permitted outside the polling place, but they have to keep at least 30 feet away from the entrance of the building. I hate that it can happen at all, and 30 feet isn't far enough, imo, but they still fudge and work their way closer and closer until people like me say "aren't you supposed to be at least 30 ft back?" I've called the secretary of state's office to report them before, because it's obnoxious and can be intimidating for some people.
    Lalique likes this.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

We're like 100 ft by law, but it's far enough that you can get in and out without dealing with it. we don't allow buttons, badges, stickers or tees with political campaign references at the polls.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

We're like 100 ft by law, but it's far enough that you can get in and out without dealing with it. we don't allow buttons, badges, stickers or tees with political campaign references at the polls.
    It's pretty much the same here. No buttons, pins, shirts, etc. No campaign signs or electioneering. Not sure about how many feet they have to stay back but it must be pretty far because I never see anyone.

Gold Member

Will be celebrating tonight. Last day they call my house. 3-4 times a day.

a male friend sent me this message on FB today:

a woman I grew up with posted a complaint that all the political commercials are about Rovey Wade . . . heavy sigh . . . it's Roe v. Wade darlin, aannd it's kinda important. U B the only one I could share this with and not sound like a prick.

fgg

i voted via absentee. i can't begin to express how happy i'm going to be not to see anymore political ads with romney's stupid face on them anymore!
    louiswinthorpe111 and Lalique like this.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Quote Originally Posted by fgg View Post
    i voted via absentee. i can't begin to express how happy i'm going to be not to see anymore political ads with romney's stupid face on them anymore!
    Twitter ...

British Guy: Some day we'll look back at Mitt Romney and laugh. Maybe tomorrow.
    Me: We're already laughing. Hopefully tomorrow we won't be crying.
    MontanaMama, Kat Scorp and Lalique like this.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    How many do y'all have, 3 or 4?
    Don't be jealous. According to the last census, I think we're up to 15.

Less than an hour now until we get this show on the road.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

Page 2 of 43 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread Information