Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Limbaugh Doubles Down Sexist Attack Against Sandra Fluke, Demands She Post Sex Tape

damn you, dastardly barack.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Yeah, it was the black kid's pants again.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

All you can do is buy popcorn, pop it, pour yourself a strong alcoholic beverage and sit back to watch and see what comedy gold will pour out of these guys' pieholes every day. It's highly entertaining, but terrifying to think one of these people could theoretically run this country some day. (Not for the next four years though.)
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaMama View Post
    I do believe we need to make a compilation of all of caramel's posts and end it with her summation of our healthcare system and send it to congress.

Thanks Caramel, you summed it up just about right and captured the nonsense with aplomb.

are you being sarcastic? and i have no idea of what aplomb is.
    we don't have to make love to have an orgasm

Quote Originally Posted by caramel View Post
    It's a baby prune!
    witchcurlgirl likes this.

oh cool, now it all makes sense

This made my blood boil....

Steve Landsburg, University Of Rochester Professor, Defends Rush Limbaugh To Students' Outrage

Tyler Kingkade
    tyler.kingkade@huffingtonpost.com

Students at the University of Rochester are upset with a professor who defended radio host Rush Limbaugh for calling Georgetown University Law student Sandra Fluke a "slut" and for suggesting Fluke should be required to post a sex tape online if someone else paid for her birth control.
    Steve Landsburg, an economics professor at Rochester, said on his blog that Fluke's advocacy for having contraception covered under health insurance "deserves only to be ridiculed, mocked and jeered. To treat it with respect would be a travesty."
    Landsburg said he disagreed with Limbaugh for calling Fluke a "slut," and suggested it would've been more appropriate to say "prostitute:"
    [Limbaugh] wants to brand Ms. Fluke a “slut” because, he says, she’s demanding to be paid for sex. There are two things wrong here. First, the word “slut” connotes (to me at least) precisely the sort of joyous enthusiasm that would render payment superfluous. A far better word might have been “prostitute” (or a five-letter synonym therefor), but that’s still wrong because Ms. Fluke is not in fact demanding to be paid for sex. (Not that there’s anything wrong with that.) She will, as I understand it, be having sex whether she gets paid or not. Her demand is to be paid. The right word for that is something much closer to “extortionist”. Or better yet, “extortionist with an overweening sense of entitlement." Is there a single word for that?But whether or not he chose the right word, what I just don’t get is why the pro-respect crowd is aiming all its fire at Rush. Which is more disrespectful -- his harsh language or Sandra Fluke’s attempt to pick your pocket?
    Landsburg continued to write about his disagreement with Fluke's position, calling those who agreed with her "contraception sponges" in one entry.
    Outraged by his comments, 30 students protested March 7 by walking into Landsburg's classroom, dressed in black, and passing out a statement summarizing the issue from their perspective. The 30 protesters then stood between the professor and his class while he attempted to teach, and left after about 15 minutes, according to the The Rochester Democrat & Chronicle.
    "We are appalled by how often women and their bodies have been used for political theatrics, and we refuse to remain passive on this issue," Kelly Rickert, a Rochester student who was a part of the protest, told The Huffington Post. "To do so would be to condone the actions of Professor Landsburg."
    Landsburg ended up calling security, but the protesting students left without incident. In an email to HuffPost he said, "in their contempt for the free exchange of ideas, they appear to be comrades-in-arms of Sandra Fluke."
    University of Rochester President Joel Seligman said Landsburg has the right to express his opinion, but also condemned the professor's comments.
    "I am outraged that any professor would demean a student in this fashion," Seligman said in a statement. "To openly ridicule, mock, or jeer a student in this way is about the most offensive thing a professor can do. We are here to educate, to nurture, to inspire, not to engage in character assassination."
    Landsburg discussed the requirement for birth control and contraception to be covered under employer-offered health insurance plans as it relates to the prevention of pregnancy. However, he failed to mention what Fluke testified about on Capitol Hill: that oral contraception is often prescribed to prevent cervical and ovarian cancer, and for the treatment of ovarian cysts. He told HuffPost that despite Fluke's testimony on birth control's benefits, such as treating ovarian cysts, "nobody believes that all good things should be subsidized and nobody believes that all good things should be covered by insurance."
    "So Fluke's argument was neither an argument for subsidizing contraceptives or for mandating that insurance cover them," Landsburg went on to say. "Toothpaste also has a lot of health benefits, but it does not follow that the law should require insurers to cover the cost of toothpaste."
    Landsburg insisted in a statement he sent to several news organizations that his blog posts did a better job at igniting a lively debate than Fluke's testimony to Congress. He pointed to hundreds of comments on his blog in response to his posts.
    A group of Rochester students responded in a statement to HuffPost that in their opinion, what is "not up for debate is the use of violent and derogatory terms with regard to women."

Quote Originally Posted by caramel View Post
    No I was not being sarcastic. I was merely pointing out that for someone who is actually obsessed with sex, that you summed up the nonsense very well.

Aplomb means with style, with confidence and self-assured.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaMama View Post
    No I was not being sarcastic. I was merely pointing out that for someone who is actually obsessed with sex, that you summed up the nonsense very well.

Aplomb means with style, with confidence and self-assured.
    well being obsessed about the humtidy bumb doesnt mean that my brain has gone running out from my head even though i sometimes feel like it has.

Pretty sure everybody predicted this. Score some brownie points for pretending to be offended, and then jump right back on the wagon to sell crap to the stupids once the furor dies down.

The dark clouds hanging over Rush Limbaugh appear to be lifting.

Exactly one month after the conservative radio host sparked outrage by calling Georgetown law-school student Sandra Fluke “a slut” and “a prostitute” in a three-day diatribe, stations are standing by him, advertisers are trickling back to his program and the news media have moved on.

Liberal groups that organized petitions and boycotts against Limbaugh say that they intend to keep up the pressure and that they’ve had a lasting impact on the most popular radio host in America.

“The objective has been to show that there are real consequences when someone like Mr. Limbaugh or his company shows no accountability for his actions,” says Angelo Carusone, who has been leading the anti-Limbaugh efforts for Media Matters for America, a Washington organization. “That is continuing.”

At the same time, however, Carusone acknowledged that outrage is hard to sustain. “I think certainly the pressure has been reduced,” he said. “To a certain extent, that’s okay and acceptable. . . . Obviously, the intensity is gone, but the engagement remains high.”

On Monday, the 600 or so radio stations that air Limbaugh’s program were told by his syndicator, Premiere Radio Networks, to resume running “barter” ads during his program. Stations are required to run these ads in exchange for paying discounted fees to Premiere to air Limbaugh’s show. Premiere, which is owned by radio giant Clear Channel Communications, had suspended the “barter” requirement for two weeks in a move widely seen as a way to give advertisers a chance to lie low while Limbaugh was in the news.

Limbaugh has apologized for some of his statements about Fluke, whom he attacked after she spoke last month in favor of mandatory insurance coverage for contraception at an event sponsored by congressional Democrats.

Limbaugh’s advertising losses may have been less than media accounts suggested. While more than 100 advertisers told Premiere that they didn’t want to be associated with “controversial” radio programs of any kind in the wake of the flap, some of these companies weren’t regular Limbaugh sponsors in the first place.

Carusone said most of the advertiser exodus over the past month appeared to be among companies whose ads aired only in regional or local markets, he said.

“Contrary to the wishful thinking of the professional special interest groups, reports of sponsors fleeing the ‘Rush Limbaugh Show’ are grossly exaggerated. In fact, the program retains virtually of all its long-term sponsors who continue to have great success” with the show, saidRachel Nelson, spokeswoman for Premiere.

Another Limbaugh advertiser, plumbing-fixture maker Kohler, said this week that it would no longer sponsor Limbaugh. But that was the first such announcement by a sponsor in almost two weeks.

Limbaugh’s recovering fortunes may be best exemplified by what hasn’t happened. At the peak of the controversy in early March, two small stations — in western Massachusetts and Hilo, Hawaii — said that they would drop his program. Since then, no other station has said it will take him off the air, dashing the hopes of MoveOn.org, a liberal group whose ongoing petition drive seeks Limbaugh’s removal from 180 stations.

Expectations that a weakened Limbaugh could be bumped by a new program hosted by former Arkansas governor Mike Huckabee (R) have also not materialized. None of Limbaugh’s many affiliates have said they’ll move him from his midday time slot in favor of Huckabee.

Among the stations sticking with Limbaugh is WMAL AM-FM in Washington, one of several big-city Limbaugh stations owned by Cumulus Media. Cumulus is syndicating Huckabee’s program, yet the company isn’t moving Limbaugh aside for its own program on its stations.

In all, “the temperature of this controversy has finally fallen below the boiling point,” said Tom Taylor, news editor of Radio-
    Info.com, which covers the industry. He added, “I think the advertiser base is coming back.”

Limbaugh got his first public endorsement this week from Clear Channel’s chief executive, Robert Pittman, who had remained silent about his star host as the Fluke controversy raged. In an interview with the Associated Press, Pittman called Limbaugh “the king” of radio and said outrage over his comments was “part of the normal day-to-day of talk radio.” The controversy, he added, has not had a major financial impact on his company.

With few new developments to drive the story, the Limbaugh episode has largely faded from the news. The relative absence of media attention figures to be a positive turn for him, as it enables advertisers to return amid less rancor.

But Steven Biel, director of SignOn.org, a Web site created by MoveOn.org for its petition drive, said the episode will make Limbaugh think twice in the future.

“I suspect his internal editing equipment is significantly amped up,” Biel said. “I could easily imagine a scenario in which one more ill-timed comment will get him banished” to satellite radio.

Limbaugh sees heat over comments turn down to a simmer - The Washington Post
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

And now they'll parade in any conservative who dared go out on a limb and said that Limpballs used a "poor choice" of words to come in and seek absolution from Rush.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread Information