Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LeRoy Carhart, Nebraska doctor, plans to offer 3rd-term abortions in Kansas

Elite Member

He is a disgusting piece of shit human being if he will kill a baby (and 3rd trimester is most definitely a baby) to make a political point.

Quote Originally Posted by DeChayz View Post
    Well, as much as I support a woman's right to choose, late-term abortions (barring any of the aforementioned health risks, of course) are just barbaric and disgusting IMO
    it's not even legal to perform them unless there are health risks so it's kind of a non-issue.

Quote Originally Posted by january View Post
    I totally agree. And I'm neither a fundie or an asshole, and this makes me sick, honestly. I don't have a problem with it if the female's life is in danger, but I'm not sure how I feel about the "mental health" clause in there. Seems like you could say that you realized having a baby was wearing you down in the seventh month and that would be grounds for a late term abortion - I just don't know how I feel about that. You would think that the baby being a danger to someone's "mental health" could be determined WAY before it became viable in the womb. A late term abortion is absolutely barbaric, and (imo) should ONLY be used if the mother's physical health is compromised.
    what if a woman is deeply psychotic and harming herself or something like that? for late-term abortions, it's not like doctors perform these routinely and because a woman's a little depressed because she changed her mind about the baby at 4 and some months. these procedures are not done lightly.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

This is sickening. I totally support a woman's right to choose, but aborting a third term fetus without risk to the mother's life, is disgusting. I'm not a fundie or even a conservative, but a 7 or 8 month pregnancy is a viable human.

What a piece of trash this doctor is.

Wow. yeah, I don't agree with 3rd term abortions either. That isn't a "mass of cells", that's a child.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

So when women find out late-ish in the pregnancy that the fetus is deformed or will not survive past a year or so, would you all have those women be forced to carry it to term?
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

^^
    exactly.
    health reasons should include the foetus' health as well.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    it's not even legal to perform them unless there are health risks so it's kind of a non-issue.

what if a woman is deeply psychotic and harming herself or something like that? for late-term abortions, it's not like doctors perform these routinely and because a woman's a little depressed because she changed her mind about the baby at 4 and some months. these procedures are not done lightly.
    Exactly! Late-term abortions are 1% or less of all abortions. It's not like these women wake up one morning and decide, "Hey, I think I'll have an abortion today."

Quote Originally Posted by hotncmom View Post
    He is a disgusting piece of shit human being if he will kill a baby (and 3rd trimester is most definitely a baby) to make a political point.
    A disgusting piece of shit? I have to disagree, but I respect people's opinions

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy View Post
    Exactly! Late-term abortions are 1% or less of all abortions. It's not like these women wake up one morning and decide, "Hey, I think I'll have an abortion today."
    Yep, precisely.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy View Post
    Don't speak for all women. I personally can't start a day without a coffee and an abortion.

Geez, READ what it actually says... He wasn't endorsing aborting viable babies just because someone changed their mind one day.

It says Nebraska doesn't allow abortions past a viable stage, and neither does Kansas, with the health exception related to a major bodily function. The doctor also says specifically that he is talking about fetuses that are NOT viable.

You can call him disgusting, but at least do it based on what he actually said and did, not because of some soundbite propaganda you heard elsewhere.

Nebraska law does not allow an abortion if the fetus is considered viable, or able to survive outside the womb. Kansas law allows abortions on viable fetuses after the 21st week if carrying the pregnancy to term would endanger the mother's life or cause a "substantial and irreversible impairment" of a major bodily function. Courts have interpreted a "major bodily function" to include mental health.
    Carhart said he has not performed any abortion past the 22nd week of pregnancy at own clinic because he never trained his staff to do them.
    "If I have to train the staff and if I have to do them, then that's certainly an option" for a fetus that would not survive outside the womb, he said.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information