Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 36

Thread: The last time right-wing hatred ran wild

  1. #16
    Elite Member HWBL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    18,190

    Default

    Look, even way before Obama won the elections, a certain
    denomination of the US population showed their true colors
    at the Repug fundraisers etc. Pensioners carrying toy monkeys
    with makeshift caps or shirts with the name Obama on them.
    Calling him an Arab, a communist, "he ain't no Americun",
    "I don't want him to run MAAH cuntry...", "he should go back
    to the jungle where he belongs"...... Those idiots weren't ashamed
    to say those things, especially not when surrounded by other
    braindead bigots who cheered and laughed at their clever
    namecalling of the would be president.
    Heck, they even sought the eye of the cameras and proudly
    spewed racial remarks, the likes of which the KKK at least
    realized should better be uttered when concealed by a sheet
    or hood, because really: you don't wanna be caught talking
    such garbage.
    The problem is these idiots suffer from a superiority complex
    that has no base in reality (certainly considering most of
    the types that showed up at the Repug meetings weren't
    exactly educated or informed people) and consider themselves
    true Americuns, "patriots" and the majority of them are the
    ones who stand up for their rights to carry arms and "protect
    what's theirs", as they see it. Well, if they see the current
    president at best as a foreigner (from Africuh, the jungle
    where he belongs), some of these nimrods may be just dumb
    enough to "protect THEIR country" against the enemy.
    So yeah, sadly there is a very serious chance that something
    will happen. Threats against the president's life have risen
    by 400% since Obama is in office. Not all of those will be
    race based, but it only takes one bigot with a gun, or one
    rightwing "Christiun Patriot" to kill America's future.

    Dumbest thing in the whole "MY America" discussion is that
    their forefathers STOLE America from the real Americans:
    the Indians, now stuffed away in crap reservations as
    "Native Americans".
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

    ***** celeb

  2. #17
    Elite Member crumpet's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!
    Posts
    7,751

    Default

    Right wing fear mongering sucks. But this kind of title/article just comes off like fear mongering from the left.
    Only the good die young.........................
    bitches like me live forever!!!!!!!!!!!!

  3. #18
    Elite Member witchcurlgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Acerbia
    Posts
    33,488

    Default

    It doesn't have to be a bigot or 'Christian patriot'. Our past assasinated presidents weren't killed by right wingers, racists, or bigots, despite what the writer of the article would lead people to believe.

    We have now, and have always had crazies, and yes- some of the crazies have guns. That's why we have protection for the President. Because anyone could -for whatever crazy reasons they have in their own sick brain- try to kill him. They don't have to be a bigot, or a racist. Squeaky Fromme tried- not a bigot, just plain old crazy. Hinckley tried- also not a bigot, just crazy.

    I don't dismiss the thought that the President could be killed- of course he could, but that's true of any President. With the exception of Lincoln, none of the others presided over a very divided country.

    My outlook has always been it's not the screaming blowhards we need to fear.
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone


    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.


    If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

  4. #19
    Elite Member lurkur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    5,351

    Default

    Don't forget that even if Obama manages to escape the violence, there are many ordinary people who will not be and ARE not as lucky. As Grim said, the violence is already happening. People have died. Unless they do something about it, it's just going to get more frequent and worse in scope.

  5. #20
    Elite Member kingcap72's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    10 miles from Pootie Tang
    Posts
    21,909

    Default

    The last time the right-wingers really lost their shit was during the Clinton years (Timothy McVeigh, abortion clinic bombings & Waco). But this time, they seem to be taking their craziness to the streets and wrapping it up with these Tea Party marches/rallies.

    Quote Originally Posted by HWBL View Post
    Look, even way before Obama won the elections, a certain
    denomination of the US population showed their true colors
    at the Repug fundraisers etc. Pensioners carrying toy monkeys
    with makeshift caps or shirts with the name Obama on them.
    Calling him an Arab, a communist, "he ain't no Americun",
    "I don't want him to run MAAH cuntry...", "he should go back
    to the jungle where he belongs"...... Those idiots weren't ashamed
    to say those things, especially not when surrounded by other
    braindead bigots who cheered and laughed at their clever
    namecalling of the would be president.
    Heck, they even sought the eye of the cameras and proudly
    spewed racial remarks, the likes of which the KKK at least
    realized should better be uttered when concealed by a sheet
    or hood, because really: you don't wanna be caught talking
    such garbage.
    The problem is these idiots suffer from a superiority complex
    that has no base in reality (certainly considering most of
    the types that showed up at the Repug meetings weren't
    exactly educated or informed people) and consider themselves
    true Americuns, "patriots" and the majority of them are the
    ones who stand up for their rights to carry arms and "protect
    what's theirs", as they see it. Well, if they see the current
    president at best as a foreigner (from Africuh, the jungle
    where he belongs), some of these nimrods may be just dumb
    enough to "protect THEIR country" against the enemy.
    So yeah, sadly there is a very serious chance that something
    will happen. Threats against the president's life have risen
    by 400% since Obama is in office. Not all of those will be
    race based, but it only takes one bigot with a gun, or one
    rightwing "Christiun Patriot" to kill America's future.

    Dumbest thing in the whole "MY America" discussion is that
    their forefathers STOLE America from the real Americans:
    the Indians, now stuffed away in crap reservations as
    "Native Americans".
    Agreed. All presidents are faced with the potential of being killed. That's part of the job. But Obama's got an extra bulls-eye on his back because of the racist nutjobs who see him as a true threat to 'their America.' And the GOP, and some corners of the Democratic Party, were stoking those fires back in the primaries.

    Some people like to brush that real possibility of Obama actually getting killed aside, as if it's some crazy paranoia. Even though some of them would not-so-secretly celebrate his death. But, on the flip side, public figures and reporters need to stop introducing the assassination topic into the public discourse. It's not helping matters.

  6. #21
    Elite Member KrisNine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Sleepy night night land
    Posts
    22,888

    Default

    Now we have idiots like Glenn Beck fueling the fire.

  7. #22
    Elite Member Fluffy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    5,600

    Default

    I don't think Obama will be assassinated because of the right-wing nutjobs.

    I think they're going to try and blow something up like McVeigh or some mass murder will happen somewhere.

    And let's say, for instance, that the person, or persons, committing these heinous acts are caught. Then it's later revealed that they listened to a lot of Beck & Rush. Then Beck & Rush start complaining about how they're being "persecuted" by the government "because of Obama," thereby encouraging more nutjob acts. This is the type of situation I fear would happen.

  8. #23
    Elite Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    4,250

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    The last time the right-wingers really lost their shit was during the Clinton years (Timothy McVeigh, abortion clinic bombings & Waco). But this time, they seem to be taking their craziness to the streets and wrapping it up with these Tea Party marches/rallies.
    Exactly.

    I don't think Obama will be assassinated because of the right-wing nutjobs.
    I hope you are right, but I fear that you are not.

  9. #24
    Elite Member kingcap72's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    10 miles from Pootie Tang
    Posts
    21,909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy View Post
    I don't think Obama will be assassinated because of the right-wing nutjobs.

    I think they're going to try and blow something up like McVeigh or some mass murder will happen somewhere.

    And let's say, for instance, that the person, or persons, committing these heinous acts are caught. Then it's later revealed that they listened to a lot of Beck & Rush. Then Beck & Rush start complaining about how they're being "persecuted" by the government "because of Obama," thereby encouraging more nutjob acts. This is the type of situation I fear would happen.
    I'm not saying Obama will be taken out, but if he is it will be due to the right-wingers. Dr. Tiller and the security guard at the Holocaust Museum are both dead because of the hatred that the right-wingers stirred up. The right-wing is basically trying to incite a revolt/revolution among white America, and are trying to paint Obama, liberals and minorities as the ultimate threat.

    But the right-wingers (Fox News & Rush Limbaugh) are trying to create an environment where they hope more lonewolf nutjobs will do their dirty work for them, and then they can sit back and claim that they had nothing to do with it. Just like Bill O'Reilly did after Tiller was killed.

  10. #25
    Elite Member HWBL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    18,190

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    I'm not saying Obama will be taken out, but if he is it will be due to the right-wingers. Dr. Tiller and the security guard at the Holocaust Museum are both dead because of the hatred that the right-wingers stirred up. The right-wing is basically trying to incite a revolt/revolution among white America, and are trying to paint Obama, liberals and minorities as the ultimate threat.

    But the right-wingers (Fox News & Rush Limbaugh) are trying to create an environment where they hope more lonewolf nutjobs will do their dirty work for them, and then they can sit back and claim that they had nothing to do with it. Just like Bill O'Reilly did after Tiller was killed.
    Exactly. That's why these types are ALL harping on the fact that "of course
    it isn't racism, it's because of the liberal, socialist, communist politics of this
    administration" and that "WE'RE not playing the race card, its the liberals
    who play the race card. Race has nothing to do with this. It's because the
    administration is beating down on the working stiff, the average Joe, the
    good working people of America".
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

    ***** celeb

  11. #26
    Elite Member Fluffy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    5,600

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by visitor42 View Post
    I hope you are right, but I fear that you are not.
    I fear more for Michelle Obama than Barack just because his security is so tight. Because of the 400% increase in threats, the Secret Service knows they have to be extra vigilant at all times. It's always the threats in places you don't expect that get you.

  12. #27
    Elite Member Cali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    citizen of the world
    Posts
    5,444

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    I'm not saying Obama will be taken out, but if he is it will be due to the right-wingers. Dr. Tiller and the security guard at the Holocaust Museum are both dead because of the hatred that the right-wingers stirred up. The right-wing is basically trying to incite a revolt/revolution among white America, and are trying to paint Obama, liberals and minorities as the ultimate threat.

    But the right-wingers (Fox News & Rush Limbaugh) are trying to create an environment where they hope more lonewolf nutjobs will do their dirty work for them, and then they can sit back and claim that they had nothing to do with it. Just like Bill O'Reilly did after Tiller was killed.
    I think this is spot-on. I don't know that they are trying to incite killings, but they are definitely trying to amp up the general craziness and fearmongering. I hope that they are just doing it with the intention of creating some sort of movement / rebellion, and not actually violence. But they fail to grasp that its a very, very fine line with many of these folks. Crazy people are already pretty loosely wired, but when it reaches a point where their crazy conspiracies are being supported and validated in their mainstream media, it takes the crazy to another level.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy View Post
    I fear more for Michelle Obama than Barack just because his security is so tight. Because of the 400% increase in threats, the Secret Service knows they have to be extra vigilant at all times. It's always the threats in places you don't expect that get you.
    Michelle and the girls are under just as heavy protection as the President. Hopefully this will make some of you feel better- I've had recent professional dealings with the Secret Service, and I have to tell you, they are very impressive. They aren't taking this lightly- at all. Of course something horrible could happen, but I'm pretty confident in saying that I think the President and his family are very very safe. I'm more worried about other elected officials- Nancy Pelosi for example. She's definitely in the crosshairs of the nutjobs, and I don't know how much of a security detail she has. When she spoke out the other day, she honestly looked so deeply upset that I was wondering if she had just had a close call herself. I also worry about random everyday people, like protesters, political activists, etc.

  13. #28
    Elite Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,543

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cali View Post
    I've had recent professional dealings with the Secret Service, and I have to tell you, they are very impressive. They aren't taking this lightly- at all. Of course something horrible could happen, but I'm pretty confident in saying that I think the President and his family are very very safe. I'm more worried about other elected officials- Nancy Pelosi for example. She's definitely in the crosshairs of the nutjobs, and I don't know how much of a security detail she has. When she spoke out the other day, she honestly looked so deeply upset that I was wondering if she had just had a close call herself. I also worry about random everyday people, like protesters, political activists, etc.
    You might be on to something with Pelosi. The threats to the more liberal Supremes Court justices have multiplied every year. Sotomayor is going to need very tight security in the atmosphere of hate created by the Reich Wing rhetoric.

    Perceived liberal judges in the Federal system now have to hire personal body guards because of the piles violent hate mail they get.

    But people like Cupcake says there is no connection between the savagery and bile expressed by conservative commentary and the rise of reactionary violence and threats in the USA.

    Right, it's just a few crazy people with some guns. Please. What are you trying to protect with such willful blindness to the obvious connection? The nasty rhetoric or your gun?
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

  14. #29
    Elite Member witchcurlgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Acerbia
    Posts
    33,488

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by olivia View Post
    Perceived liberal judges in the Federal system now have to hire personal body guards because of the piles violent hate mail they get.

    Many of them have to get bodyguards because of the type of criminals they're dealing with in the federal system. Large scale drug dealers, organized crime, and the like. The federal system handles a very large proportion of violent criminals.
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone


    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.


    If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

  15. #30
    Elite Member kingcap72's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    10 miles from Pootie Tang
    Posts
    21,909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HWBL View Post
    Exactly. That's why these types are ALL harping on the fact that "of course
    it isn't racism, it's because of the liberal, socialist, communist politics of this
    administration" and that "WE'RE not playing the race card, its the liberals
    who play the race card. Race has nothing to do with this. It's because the
    administration is beating down on the working stiff, the average Joe, the
    good working people of America".
    Exactly. They love to say they aren't using race, but then in the next breath they'll talk about how Obama isn't an American, he's a Muslim, a terrorist and so on.

    But they're using the same tactics that hate groups use to lure people in. They bring up real concerns like government spending, the deficit, jobs, while mixing their own radical ideas in with those concerns.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cali View Post
    I think this is spot-on. I don't know that they are trying to incite killings, but they are definitely trying to amp up the general craziness and fearmongering. I hope that they are just doing it with the intention of creating some sort of movement / rebellion, and not actually violence. But they fail to grasp that its a very, very fine line with many of these folks. Crazy people are already pretty loosely wired, but when it reaches a point where their crazy conspiracies are being supported and validated in their mainstream media, it takes the crazy to another level.
    The part is bold is spot-on. The GOP hasn't figured out yet that you can't control the right-wing nutjobs. It's like trying to control a rabid pitbull. Just when you think you have it tamed it turns on you and bites you in the hand.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 10
    Last Post: June 11th, 2009, 03:41 PM
  2. Replies: 19
    Last Post: July 18th, 2008, 10:30 AM
  3. Brigitte Bardot convicted of provoking hatred
    By mrs.v in forum Latest Gossip
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: June 5th, 2008, 02:18 PM
  4. Replies: 18
    Last Post: June 29th, 2007, 09:24 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •