Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Last ditch Bush law would see pharmacists/docs turn anybody away for ANY REASON

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    No anti-depressants for anybody, because if you'd just open your heart to Jesus you'd be filled with joy.
    In other news, an influx of $cientologists have been reported to be applying for pharmacist positions.

I am confident that most doctors and pharmacists are good proffesionals. Come on, people like them know very well the difference between religion and civil society.
    I'm sure that most doctors and pharmacists are good professionals, but if people like them know the difference between civil society and religion there wouldn't be the need for a law like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Kill Me View Post
    Ortho tricyclen is a birth control pill that is not prescribed for morning after purposes.

Pharmacists do not dispense RU486; that is the actual abortion pill and is in no way similar to Plan B or regular birth control pills.
    Ortho tri cyclen is not prescriped for morning after purposes because it is not considered effective. However, some fundamentalist pharmacists consider it "abortifacient" because if theoretical "breakthrough ovulation occurs", then the inhospitable uterus (lining affected by the ortho) will cause the fertilized egg to not attach to the uterine wall. So, under these auspices, some pharmacists will refuse to fill birth-control prescriptions.

Plan-B (levonorgestrel) is even more likely to be refused by a pharmacist on religious grounds because, if I'm not mistaken, it doesn't suppress ovulation, but rather suppresses implantation. I could be wrong.

I've been looking to see if only a doctor can dispense RU486. The information I'm seeing doesn't look definitive.

Quote Originally Posted by RevellingInSane View Post
    Ladies, be ready to commune on the outskirts of the cities for one week every month. No Charmin or wet wipes, as that could encourage unnatural acts as well. Bye bye energy drinks, you evil drugs sent by Satan or some group the cashier thinks is working as his minions.
    No wet wipes?!?! What will Terrence Howard do?

I think I meant to say that levonorgestrel is even more effective at preventing implantation of the fertilized egg (than ortho tricyclen)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information