Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: LA Times tells gays to stop being mean towards homophobic bigots

Eli

This is another of those generic arguments that despise all those who even dare argue. Seriously, I don't care enough to say any more.

No, it's just what you said doesn't make any sense.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

No one's political beliefs should affect their jobs. This is becoming ridiculous. Not everyone who opposed marriage as being defined in a state constitution as between two adults, regardless of gender pairing, is a bigot. When someone who supported a political idea which his coworkers did not feels pressured enough to leave, that is a problem.

If he had stayed, making them fire him, that would have been an interesting discrimination suit.

Someone who actively supported having rights TAKEN AWAY from a specific group IS a bigot. Period.

There's no arguing it.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

No, it isn't that cut and dry. The proposition was related to the definition of one word. Not everyone who supported marriage being defined one way is bigoted against same-sex couples.

yes they are, cuz they dont want to share their word and all its associated meaning with another group.

what else do you call that. Exclusionary? Elitist? Cliqueish?

they can bitch their their faces fall about the word 'marriage' being biblically traditional. They can fuck themselves and read my other thread on that to see how buttfuck stupid they are. Up theirs, and up anybody elses who agrees with that hypocritical garbage.

This isn't about toys in a sandbox.

People can bitch about not having marriage cover any possible union between two entities all they want. Prop 8 and other props like it pass. If Cali voted it down, I don't know which state won't. Maybe Nevada?

Eli

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    yes they are, cuz they dont want to share their word and all its associated meaning with another group.

what else do you call that. Exclusionary? Elitist? Cliqueish?

they can bitch their their faces fall about the word 'marriage' being biblically traditional. They can fuck themselves and read my other thread on that to see how buttfuck stupid they are. Up theirs, and up anybody elses who agrees with that hypocritical garbage.
    Dude, calm the fuck down! You sound like a psycho.

*flicks Eli away* Not interested.

The argument isn't between a "possible union between any 2 entities".. again, that cheap slippery slope argument is being trotted out. I again call bullshit. It's a cheap cover for bigotry.

Just like religion is trotted out as a shield against criticism, the 'slippery slope' shit is trotted out as a fake explanation as to why a group was stripped of its rights.

Pretty sure they feared a slippery slope too, when blacks got civil rights.. hell, MORE people might demand them. Heaven forbid.

Elite Member

All citizens shall be afforded equal protection under the law. That's the way I learned it. Not yes you have this right and no you dont have that one. I think that is the obvious legal appeal on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    Dude, calm the fuck down! You sound like a psycho.
    Ya gotta be fucking kidding me? YOU of all people posting that...c'mon!
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

great writing from a-blog, once again.

no one is forcing churches to marry gays. legal marriage is performed by the state and therefore should be secular and reflect the separation of church and state. why can't religious people understand that? why can't they accept that religion is private and that they can't impose their beliefs on anyone else? how is it a threat when gays marrying isn't going to affect their lives?
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

oh but sputnik, it's the SLIPPERY SLOPE.. soon dogs will marry lawnmowers and nothing will be as it seems!

OoooooOOoo!

My parents watch a ton of religious programming so occasionally I am exposed to it and watching it I can't help but think there is some deep resentment going along with this, the way these terminally married people act with their fake smiles and their angry little black eyes under their aqua-net helmets of hair (on husband and wife both, inevitably), you can just see the seething resentment underneath, like "i've stayed married to this plaster-casted chemical-laden harpie hag for fifty-f*cking-years and I deserve a gd medal and I'm not happy and I'm doing everything god says to do instead of cruising truck stops for trannies like my heart yearns for so I'll be goddamned if someone with the balls to be open like I'm scared shitless to be is going to be happy while I'm still miserable. Not in this life, baby." Otherwise they just would not care.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information