Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Justices uphold ban on abortion procedure

Quote Originally Posted by AliceInWonderland View Post
    ok but what if you didnt know that beforehand or some freak incident happens, like a hole in your heart is discovered? I'm just saying that the choice should be there for you and that once things like this are taken away; they will try to take more and more away and it ain't right! No one should tell you what you can and cant do with your own body and your health should always be in your own hand ... i believe.
    ITA. Also, like the article says, this is just a stepping stone to Roe v. Wade. The right to lifers must be celebrating.

No no, they're the Forced Pregnancy Nazis. They dont care about life once its out of the womb.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Gold Member

Even though this procedure is rarely performed, the most disturbing part of this ruling is there is no exception for the life of the mother.I guess the Gov thinks it knows more about medical care than our Drs. Eventually some poor woman will end up dead or sterile because she was denied this procedure when it was the best for her circumstance and the family will bring a lawsuit.
    If you can't be a good example -- then you'll just have to be a horrible warning

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

^ yeah thats the truly sad part. The rest is disgusting and infuriating!

US outta my uterUS!

....im moving to sweden one of these days I swear.

Silver Member

I wonder if there's an exception if the fetus is no longer viable, or does a woman now have to carry a dead fetus to term because it's against the law to do otherwise?

This just disgusts me. There should be a ban on men creating laws that only affect women.

^ thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by western View Post
    This just disgusts me. There should be a ban on men creating laws that only affect women.
    Totally! No uterus, no opinion. We don't tell them what to do with their dick.

Quote Originally Posted by DoveFeatheredRaven View Post
    I am not sure Hillary is electable though. Dems need to win and I think the best chances of that are an Edwards/Obama ticket.
    My mate and I are keeping a close eye on the upcoming US election as a side note to the upcoming Australian election.

I think the sad thing is that of the prejudices to be overcome, Americans would vote for a black man over a woman. (Sad for feminism, not necessarily a bad thing for race relations if Obama gets in)

Quote Originally Posted by Picara View Post
    I saw this big Escalade with a bumper sticker that said "Abort Hillary!" Disgusting. Ugh, it made me so mad. For one thing it was at my kids' school and I had to explain "abort" to an eight and nine year old. Another thing, if I had put an "Abort Bush" on my car, it would be bombed. I live behind the Orange Curtain in Orange County.

I've been hearing some political analysts say she doesn't have a chance of winning. I hope they're wrong.
    As you know, I feel your pain. They are everywhere with the NOTW bumper stickers and lifted Escalades!!

United States law is being run from the Vatican.

April 25, 2007
    On the Record
    The Supreme Court’s Catholic Majority
    By ROBIN TONER
    The five justices who turned the Supreme Court around last week and upheld the ban on “partial birth abortion” had much in common.

All are men. All were nominated by conservative Republican presidents. And, it was widely noted, all are Roman Catholics.

More at..

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/04/25/us...web-toner.html

This ban really interferes with a doctor's oath to preseve a patient's life. If a woman is faced with a life threatening pregnancy, the dr has no options to save her life. SCOTUS agree the woman should die along with her unborn fetus.

The doctor is also bound, professionally by a medical review board, by the hypocratic oath and i seriously doubt any court would find him guilty for saving the life of his patient at all costs.

Oh, and fuck the vatican and fuck the supreme court bush stooges, fuck Bush, Cheney and all the rest, fuck the religious right, and fuck all theocratic fascists.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post

Oh, and fuck the vatican and fuck the supreme court bush stooges, fuck Bush, Cheney and all the rest, fuck the religious right, and fuck all theocratic fascists.
    well i think that about sums up my beliefs as well nicely fuckers.

*i take a tiny bit of comfort in the knowledge that if there is a hell (the one they all believe in) that they will be going there; Cheney in the front of that line!

ANC

Quote Originally Posted by western View Post
    I wonder if there's an exception if the fetus is no longer viable, or does a woman now have to carry a dead fetus to term because it's against the law to do otherwise?

Well, if the woman wants the baby/chooses to carry the child and it dies inside of her, the doctor would induce and deliver the baby (or C-section). That's not considered an abortion in my opinion. The baby has died due to natural causes or what not, not because it was killed inside the womb.
    Too many idiots, not enough villages.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information