Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Juicy new repug scandal? Right wing/family value lady writes funky erotica

I
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinola View Post
    ^^ Points taken. Maybe it would be fair to say, however, that both you and I are making some assumptions to draw our conclusions. We don't have many facts. We don't know for certain who exposed these writings or why. We don't know for sure what kinds of views she expressed in her political life.

So maybe as more information comes out, the picture will be clearer.

I will add that Mr. S and I have both been involved in work that requires us to be cautious about our reputations. Neither of us would ever do anything so foolish as to post explicit erotica on the Internet--that's the sort of thing that can come back to haunt almost anyone. That makes me think that the woman was just plain dumb, or she had tremendous hubris, or she believed that being a worker for the Lord would shelter her from the scrutiny that other public figures undergo.
    I agree with what you're saying. If you are in a highly public, or "public trust" position (like a teacher), you have an extra level of decorum and care you have to take, even with your private life. Unless a person is a total SOB or criminal, I hate to see careers and lives ruined.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    Yes she was. She and Tipper Gore spearheaded the whole Parents Music Resource Council (or whatever they called it) back in the 1980's, where they were literally hauling musicians in front of Congress to answer for their naughty language.

And once again, this woman's only apparent transgression is that she wrote something. Despite the raw language, that is fantasy material and not exactly a manifesto exhorting people to go out and become cum sluts.
    But that wasn't public office, that was a private initiative. They held sway because they were married to powerful men but it wasn't public office, it had no official position. It was just a bunch of housewives who got their knickers in a twist after Tipper Gore found her daughter listening to a Prince song about masturbation. There is a big difference between starting an organization like that and holding public office, where what you do can actually impact the lives of many, particularly when it involves children, education and those pesky family values. The biggest thing that came out of the Gore/Cheney clusterfuck was parental warning labels, which everyone ignores anyway.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Quote Originally Posted by buttmunch View Post
    But that wasn't public office, that was a private initiative. They held sway because they were married to powerful men but it wasn't public office, it had no official position. It was just a bunch of housewives who got their knickers in a twist after Tipper Gore found her daughter listening to a Prince song about masturbation. There is a big difference between starting an organization like that and holding public office, where what you do can actually impact the lives of many, particularly when it involves children, education and those pesky family values. The biggest thing that came out of the Gore/Cheney clusterfuck was parental warning labels, which everyone ignores anyway.
    Don't forget we also got two different covers of Jane's Addiction Ritual de lo Habitual.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

^^ Ha! I forgot about that!
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

I still don't understand how nothing was edited on Nothing Shocking.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information