Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: John McCain's housing gaffe doesn't matter because - are you ready? - he was a POW

Funny, I don't recall democrats whining about POW status when John Kerry repeated it over, and over, and over, and over again four years ago. As for elitism, EVERY SINGLE PERSON IN US FEDERAL GOVERNMENT is one, or has become one since being in DC. Just go do research on the net worth of senators since they were elected.

As for not knowing how many houses... big frickin deal. They belong to his wife and are for family members. Has anyone asked Obama when the last time was he helped out his brothers in Kenya? Last I heard, bro George lives in a shack and makes a dollar a day.

BTW, McCain using the POW line is just as bad as Obama and his racism cries- though those tend to come more from his supporters than him. And wasn't HE the one who insisted wives, etc. be off limits to attacks? Then why go after Cindy McCain's houses? Does he really want to open Michelle Obama up to attacks?

Both campaigns are using this shit to avoid talking about issues.

A government big enough to give you everything you want,
    is strong enough to take everything you have. ~Thomas Jefferson

Uh, Kerry wasn't a POW. He was a recipient of a purple heart.

The rethugs hired a bunch of lying asses (paid by them of course) to call Kerry's service a fake.

As the presidential campaign of 2004 developed, approximately 200 Vietnam veterans formed the group Swift Boat Veterans for Truth (SBVT), subsequently renamed Swift Vets and POWs for Truth, which held press conferences, ran ads and endorsed a book questioning Kerry's service record and his military awards. Defenders of John Kerry's war record asserted that some organizers of SBVT had close ties to the Bush presidential campaign and that SBVT's accusations were politically motivated and false. One particular point of controversy was the fact that none of the swift boat veterans actually served with Kerry in Vietnam, or even met him.
    Nobody is doubting McSame ended up in the Hanoi Hilton. Nobody is disputing that. Hell, even Kerry never did. NOBODY DID, and NOBODY is doing so now.

All Kerry did was defend his record from Bush sponsored idiots.

McSame's military record is not on trial. Him using said ex-POW status as a defense against.. well, ANY CRITICISM.. is on trial. He fucking throws it out as some sort of rationale for any legitimate criticism even when it makes absolutely no sense.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

My bad on the POW. I meant to say Vietnam. How could I forget! Kerry reminded me every five minutes.

A government big enough to give you everything you want,
    is strong enough to take everything you have. ~Thomas Jefferson

Oh noes! He didn't use it to justify anything ridiculous, and he spent half his time defending it from the Bushtards.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by tkdgirl View Post
    My bad on the POW. I meant to say Vietnam. How could I forget! Kerry reminded me every five minutes.
    Actually, he didn't. The right painted him as a war traitor, for speaking out against the Vietnam war once he returned..remember the pic of him and Jane Fonda that was EVERYWHERE!! They turned his service into a joke..But McCain can use his to get out of answering questions, answering the questions correctly, breaking his wife's arm, leaving his first wife, or bringing up the keating 5!
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

[QUOTE=tkdgirl;1340650]Funny, I don't recall democrats whining about POW status when John Kerry repeated it over, and over, and over, and over again four years ago.

uh huh.

As for elitism, EVERY SINGLE PERSON IN US FEDERAL GOVERNMENT is one, or has become one since being in DC. Just go do research on the net worth of senators since they were elected.
    Well Obama worked for all his money, then wrote a book about it earning him MORE money. Imagine that. Someone EARNING money.

As for not knowing how many houses... big frickin deal.
    Big deal? Come on. Put that with not knowing how to pump gas (he has staff do it for him), not knowing how much a fucking quart of milk costs (he has staff to do that for him), wearing designer duds, driving a 9 car motorcade to get a frapp at starbucks... oh, guess how much all that STAFF costs him, btw?

300 grand a year. They spend more money on butlers and maids and limo drivers and people to wipe their asses. That's almost tree times the median cost of a house for a FAMILY, without any maids or butlers.

and THIS guy, is trying to be just one of the joes, and trying to paint Obama, who earned everything he has, as an elitist?

It's absurd, it's hypocritical, and frankly, it's wrong. It might not be a big deal to you, but it INDICATIVE of not knowing wtf is happening to REGULAR people in the country. Without his paid for bitches, he wouldnt even be able to go grocery shopping. It's like Bush senior not knowing wtf a price scanner was!

They belong to his wife and are for family members. Has anyone asked Obama when the last time was he helped out his brothers in Kenya? Last I heard, bro George lives in a shack and makes a dollar a day.
    Too bad they didn't have injured wives to dump, and new filthy rich ones to marry. Then they could forget how many houses they had.

BTW, McCain using the POW line is just as bad as Obama and his racism cries- though those tend to come more from his supporters than him.
    And respected newspeople, and people who actually know wtf is happening in politics, dissemblers and parsers.. the ones that recognize that nobody is going to stare him in the eye and callim a host of racial names out of the blue.

Inuendo, implication, subtle wordplay are what's used.

And wasn't HE the one who insisted wives, etc. be off limits to attacks? Then why go after Cindy McCain's houses? Does he really want to open Michelle Obama up to attacks?
    He's not going after Cindy McCain. He's going after John McCain. He owns those houses in tandem with his wife. They haven't brought her into it at all. You didn't notice that?

Both campaigns are using this shit to avoid talking about issues.
    McTard started it. Obama's been yappin about the issues forever, how do you think he slumped in the polls? People dont CARE about the issues. They care about the stupid material shit that got McSame that poll bump. It works. It always works.

That's the sad reality.

Quote Originally Posted by tkdgirl View Post
    Except Kerry wasn't trying to ride into the White House on his military service. In fact, it was the Republicans, who glorify McCain's POW status, that swift-boated Kerry and tried to paint him as some communist subversive radical, the same thing they're trying to do to Obama. I love how the Republicans think they have a trademark on patriotism, but this was the same party that outed a CIA agent during a time of war because they were pissed with her husband. Last time I checked that was considered treason.

O/T, but what is the point of having more than one home?

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    I'm not surprised that McCain is playing up the POW angle, because that's all he has going for him. I love how the Republicans act like McCain being a POW is sacred, but Kerry's military service meant nothing.
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

aaaaaaannnnnnnnnd

His [McCain] followers do the same exact shit. They post pictures of him when he was young next to a picture of a 'young Obama' (which in actuality is a picture from a few years ago) visiting some foreign country in traditional Muslim clothing, then asking "ISN'T IT OBVIOUS?? JUST THINK OF THIS BEFORE YOU VOTE". I nearly fell out of my chair, seriously.
    Last edited by bychance; August 23rd, 2008 at 07:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SSDiva View Post
    ..remember the pic of him and Jane Fonda that was EVERYWHERE!!
    Yes. And it wasn't even real. Urban Legends Reference Pages: (John Kerry)
    "If you are not outraged, then you are not paying attention," Heather Heyer's facebook quote.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    i don't understand why people who vote republican are usually the ones crying 'elitist!' to any candidate that wears nice suits, has expensive tastes and uses big words, and yet they vote for the party that gives the most tax breaks to the rich and corporations.

also, how can people fear 'communism' so much and yet bitch when super-rich politicians spend like rich people do and reap the benefits of the free market capitalism they defend so much? you can't create a political system where only the super rich can have access to political power, and then whine that they're not in touch with 'the people'.

I don't actually fear communism...

It's a joke that goes over well here, but I guess it either doesn't come across as well on a message board or perhaps people can't imagine an American referring to Godless Commies and the like in an ironic way

For me personally I don't count other people's money, I don't care what they buy themselves, and I don't want anyone else to count my money
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information