Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: John McCain tying Barack Obama to Palestinian, but McCain funded his work

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Well, yeah...character assassination is all McSame has left in hit pitiful arsenal.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by buttmunch View Post
    I'm sort of sad but I think this is who he has been right along. He just put up a good front for so long that people bought it. He's a self-serving prick, basically.
    Agreed. His mask is starting to slip.
    I dont think you just randomly start associating a man who serves in the U.S. SENATE with you with terrorist, communism, etc.

It's really sad.

The joke is up, Mccain.

For a guy that hangs with rat eating, bumbling burglar mastermind (and damn proud of it) G Gordon Liddy (Quote from his Wikipedia entry "Liddy has said that, as a child, he grew up in a German-American community that included many admirers of Adolf Hitler, and that listening to Hitler's speeches "made me feel a strength inside I had never known before."", I wouldn't be pointing any fingers at anyone for hanging out with anyone. And they're telling the Israeli's Obama is dangerous to them. Also what's the scoop on the Chinese? businessman giving McLame $720,000 in a day as a contribution? Sorry if I missed that thread.
    as privileged as a whore...victims in demand for public show, swept out through the cracks beneath the door, holier than thou, how?

Anyone read "The case against Barack Obama"? I have a feeling people would support him no matter what. That is sad, no open minds at all.
    My grace is sufficient for you, for my my strength is made perfect in weakness...I love you dad!
    Rip Mom

the case against barack obama was written by a hack who's been called out on his bullshit multiple times and is nothing but lies
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Thats your opinion.
    My grace is sufficient for you, for my my strength is made perfect in weakness...I love you dad!
    Rip Mom

Quote Originally Posted by cupcake View Post
    Thats your opinion.
    Its not an opinion, most of that book has been proven false by factcheck.org.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Anyone read "The case against Barack Obama"? I have a feeling people would support him no matter what. That is sad, no open minds at all.
    What if a book came out called "The case against John McCain" that was by an author that had the same credentials and had the same 'facts' that were proven false by outside 'agencies.' Would you still support McCain? would you consider the author a hack?

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

You're all a bunch of terrorsocialelite-ists!!!!!!!

I'm voting for Bob Parr!
    Last edited by Just Kill Me; October 29th, 2008 at 04:41 PM. Reason: AND
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

Quote Originally Posted by L1049 View Post
    What if a book came out called "The case against John McCain" that was by an author that had the same credentials and had the same 'facts' that were proven false by outside 'agencies.' Would you still support McCain? would you consider the author a hack?
    I am not a big fan of Mccain, I know there are issues out there with him as well...He is the lesser of 2 evils in my book...I would have liked to not have voted at all, but I exercised my hard earned right.
    There are things in his book that cannot be dismissed. The book is fair and disturbing, it was not an all out attack on Barack. How do YOU all think he won the democratic nomination to the senate? Do you not dispute the fact that Michelles salary tripled in the months after he became Senator, how do you think he even became Senetor. This guy is smooth. The book is well researched and extensively footnoted. He and his people promoted him brilliantly, they think, but I believe it will all come falling down. At least I wont have voters remorse. I was a somewhat fan in the beginning, until he started laying out his plan. And his ties began to be revealed.
    Rip Mom

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

I have to ask how your right to vote was hard earned by you? You were born in America and when you turned 18 you were allowed to vote. Unless that's not the story it doesn't seem all that hard earned.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

I didnt say I earned it. I said I exercised my hard earned vote.
    Rip Mom

Elite Member

I am not a big fan of Mccain, I know there are issues out there with him as well...He is the lesser of 2 evils in my book...I would have liked to not have voted at all, but I exercised my hard earned right.
    There are things in his book that cannot be dismissed. The book is fair and disturbing, it was not an all out attack on Barack. How do YOU all think he won the democratic nomination to the senate? Do you not dispute the fact that Michelles salary tripled in the months after he became Senator, how do you think he even became Senetor. This guy is smooth. The book is well researched and extensively footnoted. He and his people promoted him brilliantly, they think, but I believe it will all come falling down. At least I wont have voters remorse. I was a somewhat fan in the beginning, until he started laying out his plan. And his ties began to be revealed.
    First of all, what in the world does his wife's salary have to do with him being elected to the senate?

And, if the claims in the book have been refuted by factcheck.org, how can you claim it is fair? It's not verified.

I don't get all this "it will all come falling down" crap. What in the world do you think is going to happen when he is elected? What are you so afraid of? Do you think he's going to put William Ayers in charge of Homeland Security? Will his "true colors" come out and the US will be taken over by the Middle East? Will we be forced to listen to Jeremiah Wright over the airwaves?

He is who he says he is, there is nothing he had done in his years of service that would have me believe anything otherwise.

So the book has been debunked as false, but you claim it fair.

The book has been debunked as false, but you say the info in it (which is not true) can't be ignored.

If the information is NOT TRUE, why would I want to read it? What purpose does reading lies have? Why would I believe any of it?

cupcake, what is the point of trying to get people to read a book that has been debunked as false, written by a known liar?

Why would YOU believe it?

Secondly, why would you not RESEARCH the book before reading it? It's a political version of one of those trashy mages on the rack at the grocery store.

Do you just pick up books and wholeheartedly believe everything in them without taking into consideration who wrote them, and then never bother to verify the information within them against other sources?

This is the problem with america today. People who get spoonfed bullshit, take it as gospel, and NEVER BOTHER TO INVESTIGATE WHETHER THE INFORMATION THEY JUST PASSIVELY ABSORBED IS TRUTHFUL OR NOT
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Well there must be a reason that the LA Times isnt releasing it, is a confidential thing? Or this there more to it. If there is nothing to hide then why won't they show it?
    I'm sure this isn't proof enough for you but here you go...

The Statement: Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, speaking on Oct. 29 in Bowling Green, Ohio, said Barack Obama "spent a lot of time with" Rashid Khalidi. "Rashid Khalidi, he, in addition to being a political ally of Barack Obama, he's a former spokesperson for the Palestinian Liberation Organization," she said.

Get the facts!

The Facts: Rashid Khalidi is a scholar at Columbia University in New York, where he is director of the Middle East Institute. His university profile says he specializes in the "history of Syria, Palestine, Lebanon and Egypt; the growth of nation-state; nationalism in the Arab World; problems of modern Middle East historiography and and an expert on Palestinian issues."

He has authored scholarly works on Palestinian issues, has been an activist for Palestinian causes, and has been a critic of U.S. foreign policy toward Israel.

In a 2004 Washington Times story, he denied ever being a spokesman for the Palestine Liberation Organization. Sen. Obama, on his Web site, described Khalidi as "a former neighbor and university colleague." But their relationship has sparked questions about Obama's stance on Israel and whatObama calls "ugly insinuations." Obama has said he has been a "clear and consistent" supporter of Israel and doesn't share Khalidi's views.

ABC News on May 22 aired comments Obama made at a Boca Raton, Florida, synagogue, where Obama faced questions from Jewish voters and addressed the issue. He said he knew Khalidi and had conversations with him in Chicago, where both men taught at the University of Chicago. And, he said, their children went to the same school. "He is not one of my advisers; he's not one of my foreign policy people," Obama said. "He is a respected scholar, although he vehemently disagrees with a lot of Israel's policy."

"To pluck out one person who I know and who I've had a conversation with who has very different views than 900 of my friends and then to suggest that somehow that shows that maybe I'm not sufficiently pro-Israel, I think, is a very problematic stand to take," Obama said. "So we gotta be careful about guilt by association."

An April 10 Los Angeles Times story that explored the Khalidi-Obama relationship said Khalidi and his wife lived near the Obamas in Chicago and "the families became friends and dinner companions." "In 2000, the Khalidis held a fund-raiser for Obama's unsuccessful congressional bid. The next year, a social service group whose board was headed by Mona Khalidi (Khalidi's wife), received a $40,000 grant from a local charity, the Woods Fund of Chicago, when Obama served on the fund's board of directors. At Khalidi's going-away party in 2003, the scholar lavished praise on Obama, telling the mostly Palestinian-American crowd that the state senator deserved their help in winning a U.S. Senate seat," the Times reported.

When asked about these details, the Obama campaign pointed to the May 22 comments aired by ABC News. Khalidi, asked by CNN to respond to Palin's assertions, declined to comment.
    In a New York Daily News story published March 6, 2007, Khalidi said he hosted the fund-raiser because he had been friends with Obama in Chicago. "He never came to us and said he would do anything in terms of Palestinians," Khalidi is quoted as saying. The Los Angeles Times report said, "though Khalidi has seen little of Sen. Obama in recent years, Michelle Obama attended a party several months ago celebrating the marriage of the Khalidis' daughter."

The Verdict: Misleading. While Khalidi eight years ago hosted a political fund-raiser for Obama, the two men strongly disagree over the Israeli-Palestinian issue and there's no evidence of a continuing political relationship.

CNN Political Ticker: All politics, all the time Blog Archive - Fact check: Is Columbia professor Khalidi a ‘political ally’ of Barack Obama? - Blogs from CNN.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information