Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: John McCain takes the lead in polls as Democrats feud (thanks Hillary Clinton!)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Authority View Post
    They can't explain they support for those policies. It all comes down to the "gays gettin married" and "Family values" bullshit. That's all they care about, they lose their jobs and get their homes foreclosed but as long as the gays are'nt getting married and the babies are'nt getting aborted and the brown people are getting bombed then they don't give a shit. Fuck them and their values!
    When they lose their jobs, they blame the person who got the job not the bastard who took it away. Shit, no matter what goes wrong it's someone else's fault. Blame liberals, feminazis, THE GAYS, but don't ever look at the backward and corrupt policies that cause these fucking problems.

Uh, southernbelle. I'm pretty sure the case for war in Iraq was proven to be pretty much bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by mamaste View Post
    When they lose their jobs, they blame the person who got the job not the bastard who took it away. Shit, no matter what goes wrong it's someone else's fault. Blame liberals, feminazis, THE GAYS, but don't ever look at the backward and corrupt policies that cause these fucking problems.

Uh, southernbelle. I'm pretty sure the case for war in Iraq was proven to be pretty much bullshit.
    Riiigghhttt... and liberals hold the sanctimonious ground of never accusing anyone of taking things from them. 'Oh be tolerant of those who are not like you... blah blah blah.' I see LOTS of that going on these days.

Quote Originally Posted by tkdgirl View Post
    Riiigghhttt... and liberals hold the sanctimonious ground of never accusing anyone of taking things from them. 'Oh be tolerant of those who are not like you... blah blah blah.' I see LOTS of that going on these days.
    Huh? I responding to the ways conservatives justify policy.

1) have you not seen what's happening around you? the economy is based 70% on consumer spending, and consumers havbe been using credit to do so. The crunch has hit, and nobody has any actual MONEY. I have to ask, have you been reading the papers lately? Btw, I wouldnt rely too much on any government website, they don't exactly reflect actual numbers and it's headed by a guy who who said, 1 week ago, that everything is fine despite all the insanity that's been going on.

2) Bush has neutered the EPA to the point of uselessness, has resisted every consideration to curb pollution from industry, to the point of vetoing important legislation regarding air pollution controls.

3) You don't need to do away with legal protections, even ones that can be used after apprehending said terrorist, in order to catch them. Secondly, that you have nothing to hide is not the point, the facvt that a government can whisk you away and hold you in a detention cell indefinitely IS NOT A GOOD THING. They can do it on an error, see maher arar. A government with that much power is a danger, always has been. See: nazi germany, Soviet Russia, Khmer cambodia. Historically, and unless some miracle has happened, a government with that much power is detrimental to the society it governs. That's 2000 years of history to back it up. Thirdly, i can say my desk lamp has special terrorist protection powers and since no terrorist has attacked since i bought it, that means I'm right. Southern, that's called 'specious reasoning'. There's been absolutely no actual evidence presented to indicate anything has worked. You're working on FAITH, not fact.

4) They were justified going into Iraq? The evidence they had was cooked. That is a fact. Secondly, the UN who had weapons inspectors in the country (the US did not) reported right up till invasion that Saddam had no weapons, no facilities for making them, and no plans for doing so. Colin Powell also presented information that was completely FALSE.. remember aluminum tubes? Nigerian yellowcake uranium? Valerie Plame's husband was the one that told the government that was a crock, and in retatialtion Bush and his cronies outed her, endangering her life. THat's also a federal offence, by the way and that's why Rove resigned.

Everybody else knew this was a complete crock, hell they were saying so even when Bush was doing his dog and pony show with this "information". It was refuted immediately.

This is what I don't get... this exact mindset. Everything was discovered to be false with Bush, there seems to be a lack of verification of information from people who believe him and his people (they just seem to take his word) and they cling to things that have been proven as lies.

It's not about belief, it's about fact and reality. How can people cling to things that have been proven false as reasoning behind how they vote? it makes no sense!

*brain blows a fuse*
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Grimm just forget it. There are some republicans that don't care if the economy is crashing or the troops are dying. Again it's all about the "values" and nothing more. Whatever I have no faith or respect for those republicans that still support that asshat Bush and that evil SOB Cheney and their crusade in Iraq.

I for one do not want to hear them bitching because they can't afford a $4 gallon of milk because their job was outsourced or downsized. If they think the economy is so great and the war is so good then all their common sense has dissapeared. And frankly they deserve to have a shit-eating prick like McCain to represent their failures and delusions. Far as I'm concerned, the 19% that still support Bush and his war can suffer and rot.

Quote Originally Posted by crumpet View Post
    I was going to say something similar. In my experience many Repubs consider themselves values based voters and are more likely than others to be single issue voters. If a candidate says 'God' a lot and is against gays and abortion, that's all it takes for some people. Others feel it is the party that at least protects their status as white people even if they individually do not benefit from the policies. However, I'm an equal opportunity basher and I struggle with the Dems apparent desire for more government programs (in other words, higher taxes from me for stuff I most likely won't ever use or even be eligible for even if I needed it) and this obsession with the redistribution of wealth. They apparently do not understand that equal opportunity does not guarantee equal outcomes. Someone who had the wherewithall to not drop out of school, get pregnant, party all the time is more likely to have a better outcome (and income) in life than the here and now types who made short term decisions and settled for a career in retail. This doesn't mean they didn't have an opportunity and the people who are doing well for themselves don't 'owe' anyone else part of their income beyond the bare minimum to keep things running in the larger sense. We reward people for irresponsible behavior by making them eligible for services only if they have a child they can't afford to take care of. If you are single but unemployed and homeless your ass can just sleep on a park bench. But, if you go get knocked up by some unemployed drunk, you can get food stamps, tuition assistance, and housing. I'd like to see them do a better job of addressing their co-dependency issues and quit worshipping at the altar of political correctness which often leaves truth as a casualty.
    Well, the problem with this argument is that just because taxes may not benefit YOU directly every single time, doesn't mean that they aren't benefitting large segments of society. The system can't be streamlined to meet everybody's individual needs all the time. The common good is also a consideration, but I guess that's next to communism to some Americans.

And the "obsession with the redistribution of wealth" boils down to thinking that maybe 2 per cent of the population shouldn't decide how everybody else gets to live. That's called a dictatorship last time I looked. And the Repugs haven't exactly dismantled the social welfare system -- such as it is in the U.S., which is the worst in the industrialized world -- so how is this solely the Democrats' doing? Just a few thoughts off the top of my head.

And the "obsession with the redistribution of wealth" boils down to thinking that maybe 2 per cent of the population shouldn't decide how everybody else gets to live. That's called a dictatorship last time I looked. And the Repugs haven't exactly dismantled the social welfare system -- such as it is in the U.S., which is the worst in the industrialized world -- so how is this solely the Democrats' doing? Just a few thoughts off the top of my head.
    Thank you. The top %2 of people should not be the ones controlling what the middle and working class gets. It's like the CEOs of auto companies cutting their jobs and getting bonuses; Oh the 1000 workers have to accept buyouts of $100,000 and the rest take a half cut on their wages but MR. CEO gets an extra $5 million because he's "cutting the fat". Pffftttt. Those kind of policies are ruining this nation and making people poorer and the manufacturing base weaker. Another wonderful policy but that wormfood bastard Reagan.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Daily Presidential Tracking Poll

Thursday, March 27, 2008

The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Thursday continues to show a very close competition in the race for the Democratic Presidential Nomination. It’s Clinton 46%, Obama 44%. Since Obama’s speech on race and national unity, Obama’s support has been within two percentage points of 45% every day. Clinton’s support has been within two percentage points of 44% every day (see recent daily results). New polling data released today shows that Sixty-two percent (62%) of Democrats aren’t ready for either candidate to drop out of the race.
    Looking ahead to the General Election in November, John McCain continues to lead both potential Democratic opponents. McCain leads Barack Obama 51% to 41% and Hillary Clinton 51% to 41% (see recent daily results). McCain is now viewed favorably by 56% of voters nationwide and unfavorably by 41%. Obama’s reviews are 46% favorable and 52% unfavorable. For Clinton, those numbers are 44% favorable, 54% unfavorable (see recent daily results).
    New polling released today shows that, in Oregon Obama leads McCain while McCain leads Clinton. In Missouri,McCain leads both Democrats.
    While McCain and Obama trade barbs about the economy, most Americans oppose federal assistance for homeowners who took on mortgages they can’t afford. When it comes to the War on Terror, the number of Americans who believe the terrorists are winning has fallen to the lowest level ever recorded since tracking began in January 2004 (see video report).
    The Rasmussen Reports Balance of Power Calculator shows the Electoral College race is much more competitive than it was a month ago. Democrats leading in states with 200 Electoral Votes while the GOP has the advantage in states with 189. When “leaners” are added, the Democrats lead 247 to 240.
    The latest polling data from Pennsylvania shows Clinton with a ten-point late in the Keystone State’s April 22 Primary. Most Democrats now say it is Very Likely the fight for the nomination will remain unresolved until the convention in August. A commentary by Susan Estrich looks at Democratic Party rules and notes that delegates are not robots. See other political commentary [LINK] by Larry Sabato, Robert Novak, Joe Conason, Froma Harrop, and others.
    Daily tracking results are collected via nightly telephone surveys and reported on a four-day rolling average basis. The next Presidential Tracking Poll update is scheduled for Friday at 11:00 a.m. The results are also compiled on a full-week basis and crosstabs for the full-week results are available for Premium Members. See crosstabs for general election match-ups, favorable ratings and Democratic primary.
    Rasmussen Markets data now give Obama a 78.6 % chance to win the Democratic nomination while expectations for a Clinton victory are at 19.8 %. Market data also suggests that Obama has a 47.9 % chanceto become the next President. Expectations for McCain to become President are at 39.5 % while Clinton’s prospects are at 13.4 %. Numbers in this paragraph are from a prediction market, not a poll. Using a trading format where traders "buy and sell" candidates, issues, and news features, the Rasmussen Markets harness competitive passions to provide a reliable leading indicator of upcoming events. We invite you to participate in the Rasmussen Markets. It costs nothing to join and add your voice to the collective wisdom of the market.
    Each Monday, full week results are released based upon a seven-day rolling average. While the daily tracking result are useful for measuring quick reaction to events in the news, the full week results provide an effective means for evaluating longer-term trends.
    Daily tracking results are collected via nightly telephone surveys and reported on a four-day rolling average basis. The general election sample is currently based upon interviews with 1,600 Likely Voters. The margin of sampling error is +/- 3 percentage points with a 95% level of confidence.

Rasmussen Reports is an electronic publishing firm specializing in the collection, publication, and distribution of public opinion polling information.
    The Rasmussen Reports ElectionEdge™ Premium Service for Election 2008 offers the most comprehensive public opinion coverage ever provided for a Presidential election.
    Scott Rasmussen, president of Rasmussen Reports, has been an independent pollster for more than a decade.

Daily tracking results are collected via nightly telephone surveys and reported on a four-day rolling average basis. Each update includes approximately 900 Likely Democratic Primary Voters and 800 Likely Republican Primary Voters. Margin of sampling error for each is +/- 4 percentage points with a 95% level of confidence. Rasmussen Reports™: The most comprehensive public opinion coverage ever provided for a presidential election.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Authority View Post
    They can't explain they support for those policies. It all comes down to the "gays gettin married" and "Family values" bullshit. That's all they care about, they lose their jobs and get their homes foreclosed on but as long as the gays ain't getting married and the babies ain't getting permaturely aborted and brown people are getting bombed then they don't give a shit. Fuck them and their values!
    You may have something there. Rove is the master at whipping up such controversies to divert voter attention from serious issues. What is it going to be in 2008?

lets ask McCain, he has him on the payroll.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information