Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: John McCain takes the lead in polls as Democrats feud (thanks Hillary Clinton!)

why, after 7 years of Bush, would anybody vote republican? I don't get it.

Look what's happened to your country! It's falling apart! McCain is using the same economy advisers and lying sacks of shit (rove) that Bush used!

someone please explain to me the logic of voting for 4 more years of Bush, because that's what it is.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    If the Obama camp is so politically savvy, then they should make that an issue.

This is a dogfight, and there's no room for playing nice. He won't gain any points for not attacking McCain.
    Obama has been attacking McCain. In fact, he's been attacking McCain even before the Texas/Ohio primaries. Something that Hillary would be doing, if she and McCain didn't share the same PR guru.

Obama remembers that he's a Democrat and McCain is a Republican, something Hillary keeps forgetting with her constant McCain-praising.

Look what's happened to your country! It's falling apart! McCain is using the same economy advisers and lying sacks of shit (rove) that Bush used!

someone please explain to me the logic of voting for 4 more years of Bush, because that's what it is.
    I looked at the poll again and I personally think it's biased. the economy is a big issue and McCain has said that he does'nt know jackshit about it. Both Hillary and Obama need to take that admission and run with it all the while talking about the issues and plans to correct them.

Cuz seriously this country cannot survive 4 years of right-wing fascism and if he does win...Canada here I come!

i just dont understand the logic of continuing the bush insanity.

I mean, the econopmy is in the shitter, 2 failed wars, hundreds of thousands dead, environment more trashed than ever, civil liberties attacked...

im sorry, but what positive things have come out of republican policies?

Can someone answer that honestly? I mean.. anything at all?
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

It's only the 19% Republican base voting for Bush, and sadly they're the most vocal and the ones that run the media so it just APPEARS that McCain will win.

If the youth and Hispanic vote is larger than last election, McCain won't have a chance.

I vote Republican because the Republican party as a whole is more in line with my personal beliefs, which other people may or may not agree with. I think it's pointless to get into debates about WHY one side is "better" or "worse" because I believe that it varies for different people.

Quote Originally Posted by southernbelle View Post
    I vote Republican because the Republican party as a whole is more in line with my personal beliefs, which other people may or may not agree with. I think it's pointless to get into debates about WHY one side is "better" or "worse" because I believe that it varies for different people.
    I understand, but shouldn't your beliefs have something to do with the country and it's people being more prosperous. All I care about is that my country should have good paying jobs and it's manufacturing base improved along with equality for everyone, in addition to an Iraqi withdrawal. Social issues and religion is something that should'nt be an issue with other things going on right now.

*scratches head* i still don't get it.

If all the things i listed are true, and they are all negatives, why would anybody support them?

this is the logic disconnect i reach. nobody has been able to explain WHY they would support such negatives, or how they are beneficial to anybody in order for them to be supported.

So, to break it down:

1) How are the policies that have destroyed the economy supportable?

2) How are the policies that have resulted in a more polluted environment supportable?

3) How are the policies that have resulted in no habeus corpus, lack of civil liberties, etc supportable?

4) How are the policies that have resulted in 2 wars, both failed, one that was started with lies and continues to be unresolved, supportable given that the reasons for said war have been proven untrue?

i just.. dont get it, and thus far anybody who has said they find these things beneficial or positive have failed to explain WHY. That's perhaps the strangest part. People supporting things without the ability or inclination of being able to explain WHY.

I find that disturbing.

How is anything this government does, whether rep. or demo supportable?

im pretty sure the "feed hungry kids at school" program is a good thing

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post

If all the things i listed are true, and they are all negatives, why would anybody support them?

this is the logic disconnect i reach. nobody has been able to explain WHY they would support such negatives, or how they are beneficial to anybody in order for them to be supported.

So, to break it down:

2) How are the policies that have resulted in a more polluted environment supportable?

3) How are the policies that have resulted in no habeus corpus, lack of civil liberties, etc supportable?

4) How are the policies that have resulted in 2 wars, both failed, one that was started with lies and continues to be unresolved, supportable given that the reasons for said war have been proven untrue?

i just.. dont get it, and thus far anybody who has said they find these things beneficial or positive have failed to explain WHY. That's perhaps the strangest part. People supporting things without the ability or inclination of being able to explain WHY.

I find that disturbing.
    They can't explain they support for those policies. It all comes down to the "gays gettin married" and "Family values" bullshit. That's all they care about, they lose their jobs and get their homes foreclosed but as long as the gays are'nt getting married and the babies are'nt getting aborted and the brown people are getting bombed then they don't give a shit. Fuck them and their values!

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Authority View Post
    They can't explain they support for those policies. It all comes down to the "gays gettin married" and "Family values" bullshit. That's all they care about, they lose their jobs and get their homes foreclosed but as long as the gays are'nt getting married and the babies are'nt getting aborted and the brown people are getting bombed then they don't give a shit. Fuck them and their values!
    I was going to say something similar. In my experience many Repubs consider themselves values based voters and are more likely than others to be single issue voters. If a candidate says 'God' a lot and is against gays and abortion, that's all it takes for some people. Others feel it is the party that at least protects their status as white people even if they individually do not benefit from the policies. However, I'm an equal opportunity basher and I struggle with the Dems apparent desire for more government programs (in other words, higher taxes from me for stuff I most likely won't ever use or even be eligible for even if I needed it) and this obsession with the redistribution of wealth. They apparently do not understand that equal opportunity does not guarantee equal outcomes. Someone who had the wherewithall to not drop out of school, get pregnant, party all the time is more likely to have a better outcome (and income) in life than the here and now types who made short term decisions and settled for a career in retail. This doesn't mean they didn't have an opportunity and the people who are doing well for themselves don't 'owe' anyone else part of their income beyond the bare minimum to keep things running in the larger sense. We reward people for irresponsible behavior by making them eligible for services only if they have a child they can't afford to take care of. If you are single but unemployed and homeless your ass can just sleep on a park bench. But, if you go get knocked up by some unemployed drunk, you can get food stamps, tuition assistance, and housing. I'd like to see them do a better job of addressing their co-dependency issues and quit worshipping at the altar of political correctness which often leaves truth as a casualty.

someone needs to come up with one of those surveys that asks questions like "do you like smaller government" or "do you value this that or the other thing" and statistically compile the information based on which party actually DOES these things. I bet the answers would be ass backwards or something.

I find a lot of people vote based on what a representative of the party says, not what ACTUALLY HAPPENS in reality. A difference of what the party says it stands for, and what it actually does when in office.

The thing that the Dems are pissing me off with is that they're to busy slinging dirt at each other when they should be foucused on
    1. Lining out the issues that our country is facing
    2.Discussing on each one of those issues can be corrected within the 4 year term
    and 3. Showing the problems that McCain's ideas have and how they're equal or worse than Bush's.

However that's not happening and now we got Obama and that whole Wright thing going on all the while there's nothing the media is reporting on McCain (of course that's how the media wants it). Still I beleive that poll is biased by right-wingers, there's no way in hell the majority of people will allow 4 more years of bullshit Republicanism. remember there are ALOT more sane people who care about their jobs and futures over bullshit social issues and who kisses God's ass more.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post

So, to break it down:

I find that disturbing.
    1.) I don't believe our economy has been "destroyed". The most recent information published by the U.S. Department of Commerce on February 28, 2008 indicates that the fourth quarter of 2007 actually showed a growth in GDP.

2.) What, specifically, are you referring to?

3.) They keep Americans safe on and off of American soil. Inside information is crucial and necessary to identify a terrorist. Secrecy is the most, if not only, effective way of getting that information. If you alert your target beforehand, or, even worse, ask permission to search their records or listen in on a conversation, you sabotage yourself. I firmly believe that if you don't have anything to hide, you shouldn't be scared of or threatened by the Patriot Act. People criticize it, but they fail to acknowledge that there hasn't been another attack on US soil since. To me, that indicates that whatever we're doing is working.

4.) The government had and still has a lot of information that the public does not and cannot know. I believe that they were justified in going into Iraq. At the time, they had evidence indicating that Iraq did have chemical weapons and was being dishonest with UN weapons inspectors, which indicates sinister intent. According to Colin Powell, "high-ranking Osama bin Laden lieutenant Abu Musab Zarqawi, who is an expert in chemical and biological weapons, led a terrorist network that had been operating freely in Iraq for more than eight months." I'm not sure how I feel about the war today, but I do think that when we went in, we were 100% justified in doing so.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information