Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 86

Thread: John McCain takes aim at Barack Obama’s character

  1. #31
    Elite Member witchcurlgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Acerbia
    Posts
    33,487

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    Last time I checked, Michelle Obama wasn't running for president. So, why should anything she said be an issue?

    She's not, and personally I don't care what the woman said. She's getting the Hillary treatment in the media - which I do admit to finding slightly hilarious......

    I interjected because it was posted here she did not say this, and she did.

    If you say something- especially in print- stand by what you say.
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone


    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.


    If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

  2. #32
    Elite Member Sweetie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Den of the roving cunty bitches
    Posts
    24,533

    Default

    Because she is married to the man that is running for President of our Country. The type of woman he is married to reflects the type of company he keeps.

  3. #33
    Elite Member Grimmlok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    In WhoreLand fucking your MOM
    Posts
    55,372

    Default

    So far he has an opinionated, direct wife. Better than some stepford freak.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

  4. #34
    Silver Member FriendOrFoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    327

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    uhhuh, and how many countries lately have started 2 wars based on lies with their dimwitted population being half for it
    America is also the first one that steps in to help when disasters strike anywhere in the world. Personally, I would never make a statement that for the first time in my life I am proud to be an American, because I have always been proud and would not want to live anywhere else. And I would never say America is a mean country, because we are not. We are a country made up of good people who are always ready to lend a hand and help out anyone in need.

  5. #35
    Elite Member Grimmlok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    In WhoreLand fucking your MOM
    Posts
    55,372

    Default

    and always ready to bomb the shit out of anybody who disagrees
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

  6. #36
    Elite Member kingcap72's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    10 miles from Pootie Tang
    Posts
    21,909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    She's not, and personally I don't care what the woman said. She's getting the Hillary treatment in the media - which I do admit to finding slightly hilarious......

    I interjected because it was posted here she did not say this, and she did.

    If you say something- especially in print- stand by what you say.
    I agree, she's getting the same treatment Hillary got, especially when Bill was running for office. And you're right, if you say something then you should stand by it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie View Post
    Because she is married to the man that is running for President of our Country. The type of woman he is married to reflects the type of company he keeps.
    It's not like the woman is running around saying she hates America or plotting to overthrow the country.

    But I find it interesting that people want to keep holding Obama responsible for things that other people say, but nobody wants to hold McCain responsible for the racist slurs that came out of his mouth. So, which is more important? What the wife of a presidential candidate said or what a presidential candidate himself said?

  7. #37
    Elite Member Sweetie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Den of the roving cunty bitches
    Posts
    24,533

    Default

    What neither of them say because they both suck!

  8. #38
    Elite Member nycgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    4,316

    Default

    A whole country can't be blamed for the actions of their leader, Bush wasn't even fairly elected the first time around and people HATE him here. His approval rating is one of the lowest in American history, if not the lowest. Not to mention not everyone voted for him.

  9. #39
    Silver Member FriendOrFoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    327

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    I agree, she's getting the same treatment Hillary got, especially when Bill was running for office. And you're right, if you say something then you should stand by it.



    It's not like the woman is running around saying she hates America or plotting to overthrow the country.

    But I find it interesting that people want to keep holding Obama responsible for things that other people say, but nobody wants to hold McCain responsible for the racist slurs that came out of his mouth. So, which is more important? What the wife of a presidential candidate said or what a presidential candidate himself said?
    No, I hold McCain responsible for the "gook" comment just as I hold Obama responsible for the "typical white person" comment. Both are racist, no matter the meaning behind them, and both are wrong.

  10. #40
    Elite Member Grimmlok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    In WhoreLand fucking your MOM
    Posts
    55,372

    Default

    except one is a racial epithet and the other is a description
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

  11. #41
    Elite Member kingcap72's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    10 miles from Pootie Tang
    Posts
    21,909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FriendOrFoe View Post
    No, I hold McCain responsible for the "gook" comment just as I hold Obama responsible for the "typical white person" comment. Both are racist, no matter the meaning behind them, and both are wrong.
    Both of those statements can't even be put into the same category, especially considering that Obama is half-white.

    Now, I'm not excusing what Obama said, but it's not in the same league as McCain using a racial slur and saying he hates an entire race of people.

  12. #42
    Elite Member witchcurlgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Acerbia
    Posts
    33,487

    Default

    Typical black person is a loaded phrase, so change black to white and the same applies.
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone


    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.


    If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

  13. #43
    Elite Member kingcap72's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    10 miles from Pootie Tang
    Posts
    21,909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    Typical black person is a loaded phrase, so change black to white and the same applies.
    Yeah, a 'typical white person' or a 'typical black person' are loaded phrases. But neither is comparable to somebody using a racial slur to describe an entire race of people.

    And Obama acknowledged and apologized for saying it. Which is more than McCain ever did.

  14. #44
    Elite Member witchcurlgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Acerbia
    Posts
    33,487

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    Yeah, a 'typical white person' or a 'typical black person' are loaded phrases. But neither is comparable to somebody using a racial slur to describe an entire race of people.

    And Obama acknowledged and apologized for saying it. Which is more than McCain ever did.
    but when you say typical white person you are describing an entire race......that's the definition of 'typical'...

    So as far as I see it the remarks are equally racist and ugly
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone


    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.


    If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

  15. #45
    Silver Member FriendOrFoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    327

    Default

    Sorry, I don't see the difference. McCain's remark offends all Asian people. Obama's offends all Caucasian people. It seems that Caucasian people are suppose to never be offended like other races are.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Are Barack Obama and John McCain getting same campaign coverage?
    By kingcap72 in forum U.S. Politics and Issues
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: July 25th, 2008, 07:14 PM
  2. New spoof video on Barack Obama and John McCain
    By kingcap72 in forum U.S. Politics and Issues
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: July 17th, 2008, 07:14 AM
  3. Barack Obama vs. John McCain LOL (NSFW!!)
    By lurkur in forum Laughs and Oddities
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: June 11th, 2008, 07:35 PM
  4. Barack Obama criticizes John McCain on Senate floor, McCain hits back hard
    By witchcurlgirl in forum U.S. Politics and Issues
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: May 26th, 2008, 09:32 PM
  5. Barack Obama/John F. Kennedy vs. John McCain/Barry Goldwater
    By Fluffy in forum U.S. Politics and Issues
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: May 26th, 2008, 12:29 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •