Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: John McCain takes aim at Barack Obama’s character

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    Here's the choice when it comes down to Obama or McCain. Obama wants to try and clean up the mess that Bush has made for nearly eight years and McCain wants to continue Bush's policies, which include looking out for the wealthy at the expense of the poor and middle class, maintaining our dependence on oil (foreign & domestic) at the expense of the environment, and continuing an illegal war which is draining the economy and turning the rest of the world against us.

Now, npbody's saying Obama would be perfect as a president, because NOBODY is ever perfect in that job. But I'd rather have somebody in the White House that actually understands that there's a mess that needs to be cleaned up, rather than somebody who wants to bury his head in the sand and act like everything's okay the way it is.
    You are very nice..
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Quote Originally Posted by SSDiva View Post
    You are very nice..
    Hey, I try.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    That's a good enough reason on its own, but Obama talks a good game and had he the power, would have voted against the Iraq war. He at least gave a speech about it, unlike the other tards who blithely said "Hey, that sounds like a great idea!" , dumbfuck clinton included.

Unlike Bush, McSame or any other evil repub, I'd give Obama a shot over any of them. He at least doesn't SOUND like a complete moron.
    You clearly like Obama, so why would you not care about party unity?

I also don't agree with this notion that all republicans are "evil," or that Clinton is dumb by any stretch, that's just ridiculous. To be honest you're kind of offensive sometimes, Grimm.

You are very nice..
    I second that, and at least you argue your points effectively and never resort to name calling (unlike some people around here.)
    Last edited by nycgirl; July 29th, 2008 at 12:07 AM.

You are very nice..
    he's got my vote on that opinion as well
    YOU CAN'T ALWAYS GET WHAT YOU WANT
    (M. Jagger/K. Richards)

Quote Originally Posted by nycgirly101 View Post
    You clearly like Obama, so why would you not care about party unity?
    because the whiners need to get over it.

I also don't agree with this notion that all republicans are "evil," or that Clinton is dumb by any stretch, that's just ridiculous. To be honest you're kind of offensive sometimes, Grimm.
    Anybody who voted for that war, Dem or Repuke, is a fucking retard or in someone's pocket. That whole "we were misled" shit doesn't wash because the rest of the planet knew it was a crock without sitting in office.

And wah, I'm offensive. Funny how all of a sudden its an issue when I'm pointing out how insane some clinton freaks are being, clearly illustrated by the examples given, but by no means ALL OF THEM.

I second that, and at least you argue your points effectively and never resort to name calling (unlike some people around here.)
    Yeah sorry. Any clintonite that thinks about voting for McCain is a nutjob retard. Period.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Sen. Barack Obama’s campaign stump speeches, he rarely mentions any of the more than 1,100 votes that he's cast as a member of the United States Senate.
    What Obama's Senate votes reveal - Barack Obama News - MSNBC.com

That was just one Woman, and he apologized. Mistakes do happen, and since I suga, honey, baby everyone I talk to, I can't see it as sexist. Plus, it's not like he called his wife a cunt!

Seriously, if you were doing your research..you should have came to your own conclusions about this issues.. However, I have never heard 'white man's greed' come out of Obama's mouth..however, that was a sermon of Wright.

He is an American, and so is his wife.. She said for the first time, she feels 'really' proud of her country..Never did she say America was mean..

For you to be a life time Democrat..your 'worries' about Obama are right wing talking points..

It shouldn't be a thing whether I have to convince you to do the right things for you and your family.. If you truly wanted to know what he stood for, his voting record, about how he feels about this country, and where he would like to take it..you wouldn't have listed things that have nothing to do with whether he would make a good President, you just listed things from what you HEARD from other people. See, I am a Democrat, and no matter the color or gender of the Democratic Presidential Nominee..I will vote for them. I am pro choice, pro equal rights for ALL, and Anit-war! I think in this day and age if someone doesn't take the time to get to know the facts of a candidate on their own, they are a bit lazy to me, and should stay home(people in general, not you). I think that folks should learn all they can before they condemn them on hearsay. I shouldn't have to convince a grown person of anything..they should apply themselves to the things that are important to them and their country and it's future..

http://factcheck.barackobama.com/
    Your answer is exactly what I am talking about. Whenever someone questions this man, they get attacked. Of course, you have attacked anything I have said since I have joined this board so I expect nothing less. You may want to blindly follow someone because of the party he represents, but I can't do that.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    Here's the choice when it comes down to Obama or McCain. Obama wants to try and clean up the mess that Bush has made for nearly eight years and McCain wants to continue Bush's policies, which include looking out for the wealthy at the expense of the poor and middle class, maintaining our dependence on oil (foreign & domestic) at the expense of the environment, and continuing an illegal war which is draining the economy and turning the rest of the world against us.

Now, nobody's saying Obama would be perfect as a president, because NOBODY is ever perfect in that job. But I'd rather have somebody in the White House that actually understands that there's a mess that needs to be cleaned up, rather than somebody who wants to bury his head in the sand and act like everything's okay the way it is.

Thank you for an intelligent rational answer that acually means something. I appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    because the whiners need to get over it.
    Anybody who voted for that war, Dem or Repuke, is a fucking retard or in someone's pocket. That whole "we were misled" shit doesn't wash because the rest of the planet knew it was a crock without sitting in office.

And wah, I'm offensive. Funny how all of a sudden its an issue when I'm pointing out how insane some clinton freaks are being, clearly illustrated by the examples given, but by no means ALL OF THEM.

Yeah sorry. Any clintonite that thinks about voting for McCain is a nutjob retard. Period.
    What you said was "a Clinton supporter being a retard? No way"- since you didn't elaborate, that implies you believe a lot of Clinton supporters are "retards." You also said you don't care about party unity, which honestly I don't believe. You want Clinton supporters to vote for Obama (not McCain), which means you must care at least a little.

I must say how tired I am of reading about how Obama would have voted if he had the chance. I had no idea that I was on the psychic friends network here.

He says he would have voted against it, but there is no way to know.

It appears that lots of people have forgotten the atmosphere here in the US at the time of that vote, and lots of way more experienced and established people in Congress voted for the war.

Only 23 Senators voted against the war, and after seeing the FISA debacle and how Obama 180'd his position on that, I doubt as a freshman Senator he would have had the political stones make that stand.

I also get a huge laugh about people being referred to the Obama website whenever there is a question about something negative related to Obama. I'm sure the Obama website is a completely unbiased and impartial place to get information about Obama I wouldn't go to the GW Bush website for info on the Iraq war.

Also, the America is 'just down right mean' quote was printed in an interview in The New Yorker magazine- back in March

The Other Obama
    Michelle Obama and the politics of candor
    Profiles: The Other Obama: Reporting & Essays: The New Yorker
    Last edited by witchcurlgirl; July 29th, 2008 at 11:46 AM. Reason: spelling
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Quote by Michelle Obama (just for the record):

Michelle Obama begins with a broad assessment of life in America in 2008, and life is not good: we’re a divided country, we’re a country that is “just downright mean,” we are “guided by fear,” we’re a nation of cynics, sloths, and complacents.

This was from the New Yorker interview with Michelle.

yeah, and she's right for the most part. Heaven forbid people point out the glaringly obvious.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

If she is right then why deny it afterward? Stand by what you said, and defy anyone to dispute you. She said it, got some flack and then backpedaled.

And here's a Newsflash- America is no meaner than any other country on this earth. Human beings don't become kinder based on their geography. Human's are cruel and mean and that trumps all borders.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

uhhuh, and how many countries lately have started 2 wars based on lies with their dimwitted population being half for it

One war......

We didn't start the Afghani war.......and please spare me the conspiracy theories, my tinfoil hat is at the dry cleaners**

and American's are dumb, but that doesn't make them evil

** you can't even get good tinfoil anymore, it's all that crappy aluminum foil and the waves get in anyway
    Last edited by witchcurlgirl; July 29th, 2008 at 12:30 PM.

Last time I checked, Michelle Obama wasn't running for president. So, why should anything she said be an issue?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information