Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Thread: John McCain seeks to delay Friday's debate due to economic crisis

Colorado Independent Oops! Colorado McCain camp sends internal e-mail to reporters

Check this out- McCain accidentally leaked this to the press- and in one of the talking points memo it states that Obama should go to DC which he has agreed to.
    It also outlines the whole thing which McCain didnt want the press to know about - Oops

Quote Originally Posted by Jessica View Post

mccain, obama and biden are sitting senators first

they are collecting senator paychecks and dding to their senator government retirement

their asses need to be in washington
    Why now all of a sudden? McCain has the worst attendance record in the Senate - he hasn't voted once since April, and now all of a sudden, he has to vote. This is a stunt pure and simple.

McCain’s Attendance Record

September 24th, 2008
    By ELYAS BAKHTIARI

Here’s why I can’t view McCain’s plan to suspend his campaign and return to Washington until the economic crisis is fixed with anything but cynicism: He hasn’t voted in the Senate since April 10, more than five months ago.

To be fair, Obama has missed a lot of votes as well. But McCain has missed 64% of votes in the 110th Congress to Obama’s 46%.

And while the current economic crisis presents a very unique situation, McCain has missed some pretty major pieces of legislation, most notably a vote to prevent the Medicare payment system from essentially collapsing. The first vote essentially ended in a tie, with only Senators McCain and Ted Kennedy absent. And Kennedy even managed to make it for the second vote (a man with a brain tumor has voted more than McCain has during that time).

I understand that presidential candidates have to make some sacrifices, and I don’t expect them to attend every hearing or vote. But I began periodically checking in on candidates’ attendance records last November because, well, they still have jobs to do as Senators, and at some point poor attendance becomes unacceptable. In that time, McCain has consistently had the worst attendance record (even when many more candidates were involved), and it has only gotten worse.

So when he says he is going to suspend his campaign, I don’t know whether he’s just trying to trap Obama and score political points or if he is incapable of doing his current job at the same time he’s campaigning for a promotion.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m glad he’s going to Washington to vote on the legislation, but that’s nothing to hold a press conference and boast about. It is, after all, his job.
    source:McCain's Attendance Record
    Dear Buddha, please bring me a pony and a plastic rocket...

I don't think congress should be doing anything but finding a solution to this shit. One that doesn't use taxpayer money would be the best. But I am still voting whoever I can the fuck out.

Wait, why can't they cast their vote in DC and still make it to the debate on Friday? Multi-task, bitches, it's your goddamned job!

This is just amazing...I have never seen a presidential campaign fall apart as badly or as quickly as the McCain campaign has today (and the last month to be exact.) It's only gonna get worse and I can't wait to see how worse it's gonna get.

If McSame is so concerned about being in Washington working on this plan, then why was he doing a Katie Couric interview today and attending Bill Clinton's even tomorrow???

Because it's not about that. Actions speak louder than words folks. Wake the fuck up!

He also dumped Letterman to have the Katie Couric interview and he also met up with a Rothschild today as well. He is stalling because Palin isnt ready for the debate and he is running scared because of the polls.

Third-ranking House Republican Rep. Adam Putnam of Florida said just moments after the McCain announcement that “as of now the Paulson proposal has not gotten the traction to complete this process by the end of the week.”

Putnam said it was important for House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and GOP Leader John Boehner to agree on a consensus plan “that can pass and pass quickly to restore confidence in the markets.”
    Story continues below ↓advertisement

So will McCain help do that? If so, how? None of that was clear.

Will McCain propose an alternative to the Paulson-Frank financial rescue bill?

And if so, how will he get not only Republicans in Congress but Democrats, who spent the afternoon mocking him, to back it?

Asked if he wanted McCain to be a part in the nitty-gritty negotiation between Congress and the Bush administration, Putnam indicated he didn’t think this was a good idea by remaining silent for 10 seconds.
    Puzzling through another McCain surprise - Decision '08 - MSNBC.com

More faliure on McCain's actions

^He's sooooo fucking desperate it's not even funny anymore. I hope there aren't any sudden terror alerts in the next few weeks, which is probably gonna be his next desperate move.

^^ Allie, it's probably a good idea to avoid major cities for the time being!!!

*ties tinfoil hat with duct tape*

hee

YouTube - David Letterman Reacts to John McCain Suspending Campaign

Letterman on McCain cancelling on him - he was brutal lol especially when he linked with live feed with Couric and McCain.

dreaming about being on a lake in Ontario

They (Pelosi & Ried) have told both of them they don't want them in Washington as they will only be a distraction and it will look too political.
    If I can't be a good example, then let me be a horrible warning.

Quote Originally Posted by nana55 View Post
    They (Pelosi & Ried) have told both of them they don't want them in Washington as they will only be a distraction and it will look too political.
    Yes, and neither Obama nor McCain are even part of the committee that is negotiating the deal. They would serve no purpose except to distract what has already been going on.

Quote Originally Posted by ana-mish-ana View Post

Letterman on McCain cancelling on him - he was brutal lol especially when he linked with live feed with Couric and McCain.
    [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjkCrfylq-E[/YOUTUBE]

Quote Originally Posted by ana-mish-ana View Post

He's really ticked off. Don't see him getting re booked on the show anytime soon.

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Thread Information