Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: John McCain seeks to delay Friday's debate due to economic crisis

What are you going to do if you're elected and things get tough? Suspend being president?
    So true, so true!

I think it will take months not weeks to help prepare her but then it took her 6 years and 5 universities to get a degree

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    well McSame just cancelled the debate.. can he even do that? If i was Obama, i'd be all fuck you. I'll just sit with whoever's there and talk to them
    No, he can't. He can not show up, which would leave Obama there with all the press. And McCain doing nothing back in Washington.

*glee*

this is all working out so well
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

And it will give Obama an advantage because of the airtime that the networks will dedicate to debate. This will make McCain look stupid but I am sure they will try to spin it that Obama isnt concerned about the financial crisis while McCain is at DC working on a deal.

^All Obama would have to do is make a few phone calls and show up for the Senate vote. Nothing that requires cancelling the debate. Same goes for McCain.

McCain is setting records for the most ridiculous stunts performed in attempt to get elected.

Ole Miss Officials: Debate Cancellation Would Be $5.5 Million Loss
    Ironically enough, if John McCain goes through with his threat to skip the foreign policy debate scheduled for this Friday for the sake of prolonging and complicating the ongoing negotiations over the Paulson bailout package, it may end up creating another distressed asset -- the University of Mississippi's investment in Friday's face-off. Officials from Ole Miss told ABC News today that a cancellation would be "devastating" to the University -- and that a postponement might not be possible:

Andrew Mullins, special assistant to University Chancellor Robert Khayat, told ABC News that the Ole Miss campus has been transformed to accommodate the candidates and the press. Road blocks are in place on campus and in the community and the debate television set for the candidates has already been constructed. He said the university has spent roughly five and half million dollars getting ready for the debate.

Mullins also noted that if the Commission on Presidential Debates asks the campus to hold the debate at a later date, he is not sure the university would be able to accommodate them.

"It's huge. You cannot just say that you're not going to do this thing," Mullins said. "I don't have any idea whether we do the debate" at a later date. "[We] probably wouldn't do it."

EDIT: MISSISSIPPI REACTION

BATESVILLE, Mississippi (CNN)– As word of John McCain’s proposal to postpone Friday’s debate reaches Mississippi, there is an initial sense of confusion and disappointment among the people here who have been planning this weekend for months.

“I feel like sending a text message to Barack Obama,” said Schiele-Moore, the manager of a 50-unit hotel in Batesville, half an hour from Oxford, where the debate will be held.

Her hotel is booked solid for the weekend, as are most hotels and motels in the area. She said she would like to send Obama a text message that reads:

“Come on down here. You just may win Mississippi.”

She said she wants Obama to show up at the debate even if McCain does not appear.

“I don’t understand why McCain feels he can talk to the American people about the economy better from somewhere else than he can from here,” she said. “He should come down here and stand next to Obama, and both of them should tell the public their views about how they would fix the economy.”

She said she is aware that Friday’s debate is supposed to be about foreign policy.

“They can change it,“ she said. “The people want to hear about the economy. Come to Mississippi this weekend and talk to us about it.”

Source 1.

Source 2.

America is facing a financial crisis but this debate costs 5.5 million which McCain doesnt care about wasting. And now he wants to reschedule the VP debate.

Quote Originally Posted by ana-mish-ana View Post
    http://home.comcast.net/~duncanblack/couricpalin.htm

Transcript of the interview - I am not sure if its the full one but omg just check out some of her answers.
    No wonder why McCain wanted to postpone the debates.
    Yup. It appears to be the transcript of the entire interview. You can watch the interview here: Exclusive: Sarah Palin Video - CBSNews.com

Palin is so dumb!

^ This deserves its own thread!

Silver Member

Angry

mccain, obama and biden are sitting senators first

they are collecting senator paychecks and dding to their senator government retirement

their asses need to be in washington

The economy has been going to crap for some time. The bailout bill was announced days ago. How come McCain is deciding NOW to quit campaigning?

Because his campaign is in the tank! Palin just gave another embarassing interview, McCain has said and demonstrated that he doesn't know the economy, he's down in the polls.

Also, when he loses, he can try to save face by saying he had a disadvantage because he quit campaigning.

No, they don't.

It's already been explained why.

This is a stunt, nothing more.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by lurkur View Post
    The economy has been going to crap for some time. The bailout bill was announced days ago. How come McCain is deciding NOW to quit campaigning?

Because his campaign is in the tank! Palin just gave another embarassing interview, McCain has said and demonstrated that he doesn't know the economy, he's down in the polls.

Also, when he loses, he can try to save face by saying he had a disadvantage because he quit campaigning.
    EXACTLY.

Look at this comment.. it sums it up, and MCSame doesn't make any SENSE:

This is plainly a political stunt. The campaigns were in talks this morning about releasing a joint statement. This is a fact. But before the statement is released, and likely after some back-and-forth between the campaigns, McCain makes the "shocking" "suprising" announcement that he wants to suspend the presidential campaigns. If, as has been established, the two campaigns were working on a joint statement, why did McCain's campaign not bring this idea up BEFORE making the VERY PUBLIC announcement that it was suspending its campaign? There is only one explanation: it is a stunt. If, as I am sure the McCain campaign will assert, McCain is "putting country first", why then - and note to the press, please ask this question - why then did the McCain campaign not try BEFORE making the announcement, to get the Obama campaign to agree to the suspension, just as they were doing with the joint statement? Stunt, stunt, stunt.

Elite Member

They're going to try and paint Obama as being more concerned about himself and his campaign than the economic crisis and I'm afraid there will be some dumbasses out there who will fall for it - the same dumbasses that watched Palin's interview with CBS and thought she held her own.

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread Information