Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: John McCain paints Barack Obama as Robin Hood

Quote Originally Posted by cupcake View Post
    Actually they are both liars
    Why don't you support a third party candidate then? Someone who you don't feel is a "liar".

Would you have voted for McCain if Palin weren't on the ticket? Somehow I think not.

Ashamed? Excuse me, on top of workers payroll there is workmans comp $4 out of every $10 and taxes and insurance. We are not required to pay for health insurance. It has not cost us any employees. My husband started with is father in this business when he was 14 years old and is now 48 and hoping to retire in 10 years, because we have been smart with our money and saved and invested and crooks have taken a piece of the pie we have earned. And then to be told that more will be taken away, how would you feel? We are not ashamed, we take care of our employees and they can certainly afford their own insurance for what they are being paid. We have not laid off 1 employee, we are trying to keep their jobs even thought the industry has slowed down a bit. You do not know us so why cast a stone? we have kids and grandkids to consider as well. And I know what GROSS income is!!!
    Cupcake, Obama IS NOT raising your or anyone else's taxes. When EGTRRA was passed in 2001 under Bush and a Repub congress, it was TEMPORARY and is set to expire in 2010. You have no inalienable right to extend tax cuts. You state that your family's business will pay $40k more in income tax because of the expiring tax cuts...basic math indicates that your business' net income must be $1.55 million (because we have a graduated tax system so the first $250k would be taxes at the lower rates) - that is AFTER all business expenses, but yet you don't offer healthcare to your employees? Not to mention under Obama, your business would get DEDUCTIONS for healthcare contributions for your emplyees. Your stated it's all about me mentality is what is wrong with the management under Bush...you cannot flex military might around the world and cut taxes. I have yet to have anyone explain (or even address) why tax and spend is inferior to borrow and spend. Or perhaps you enjoyed watching a bridge collapse in Minnesota last year?

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    what crooks? lol
    big guvment. commie bastards.
    You do whats best for you and I will do what is best for me. No further comments from me.
    well no, since that would actually require coming up with arguments to refute albatross' points. it's much easier to get defensive and attack individual posters instead of actually engaging in a debate and coming up with counter-arguments.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

The actual number of business owners who would be affected turns out to be well under a million, and the number of employers would be even less. Based on the number of taxpayers who now report any sort of business income on their returns, the Urban-Brookings Tax Policy Center projects that 663,608 taxpayers with business income, or business losses, will fall into the top two tax brackets in 2009, when any Obama tax changes would first take effect. Not all of those can properly be called "small-business owners," however. Some are farmers. Many are lawyers, accountants or other professionals who get some of their income in the form of partnership distributions. Others may be passive investors in real-estate partnerships or similar investment arrangements and not really persons who own and manage a business.
    Tough shit. An estimated 23 million would benefit from Obama's plan. Like someone else said, if you're raking in $250,000 K a year (and you said this is just your husbands business, not including earnings from your own separate business) then you really have no place to be complaining.. especially in light of this...

Lloyd Chapman: McCain Small Business Plan Ignores Major Small Business Issues

Silver Member

The way I look at it eight miserable years of Dubya giving everything to the wealthy and corporations and forgetting about the rest of us we need a change and that's Obama. We are paying more for gas,food,healthcare has gone through the roof under the Republicans. McCain is just another Bush no matter how much he denies it,and will give all the breaks to the rich and big corporations. It must worry him that his moneybags wife Cindy will be paying more under Obama's tax plan.

Ashamed? Excuse me, on top of workers payroll there is workmans comp $4 out of every $10 and taxes and insurance. We are not required to pay for health insurance. It has not cost us any employees. My husband started with is father in this business when he was 14 years old and is now 48 and hoping to retire in 10 years, because we have been smart with our money and saved and invested and crooks have taken a piece of the pie we have earned. And then to be told that more will be taken away, how would you feel? We are not ashamed, we take care of our employees and they can certainly afford their own insurance for what they are being paid. We have not laid off 1 employee, we are trying to keep their jobs even thought the industry has slowed down a bit. You do not know us so why cast a stone? we have kids and grandkids to consider as well. And I know what GROSS income is!!!
    I'm just curious about one thing, by 'taking care of' your employees, do you mean paying them for their labor? Because you aren't providing health insurance...do you mean birthday and x-mas cards? Complying with the law about workman's comp and overtime pay? That legal stuff?

edit: also not to belabor the point but the industry having 'slowed down' probably has to do with the last 8 years of republican mismanagement of the economy.

A co-worker of mine complained about the Democrats saying they would raise taxes. Later another coworker told us about Obama and McCain's plans telling us the differance in them and how they would work. #1 co-worker complains that the small business owners would then suffer. Co-workers family are all "small business" owners that are plumbers. I finally lost my cool and told co-worker if they make $250,000. they should pay. Co-worker must be worried they will lose their million dollar homes. Some people are never going to be happy or listen/read the facts.

Quote Originally Posted by B.C. View Post
    A co-worker of mine complained about the Democrats saying they would raise taxes. Later another coworker told us about Obama and McCain's plans telling us the differance in them and how they would work. #1 co-worker complains that the small business owners would then suffer. Co-workers family are all "small business" owners that are plumbers. I finally lost my cool and told co-worker if they make $250,000. they should pay. Co-worker must be worried they will lose their million dollar homes. Some people are never going to be happy or listen/read the facts.
    I work for a small biz and the guy who owns it is raking in the dough, breaking all kinds of tax laws and just in general a cheat (even had his daughter on the payroll as soon as she was old enough to have a work permit, which was like at 14, though she never worked there, just one more way for them to make money) . Uses his employees up, works them tons of hours (a few have double ID #'s they have to clock in under after they get 40 hours so he doesn't have to pay them overtime) and then they burn out and quit and he hires someone new without giving a thought to it. Has a beach house on Hilton Head, a huge boat, both he and wife drive big honkin obnoxious cadillacs from hell, has a great big house with a swimming pool, etc, etc. I only work part time for them but they pretty much make me sick.

Silver Member

That's terrible ymeman, this crooked boss should be reported. I can't stand it when bosses take terrible advantage of their employees. I think a lot of small businesses do this. That is why unions are needed to help stop this kind of abuse of workers. I feel bad for you having to work for a boss like that.

We all know how the repugs feel about the union. I don't know anyone that makes $250,000. even with a combined income. Everyone I know makes less, those are the people I'm concerned for. Thanks to my union I earn a good pay and insurance benefits, everyone is not so blessed as me in that. Under McCain's plan it would cost me for those benefits. Who will that help?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information