Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: John McCain loses his cool

If the person putting this together was doing it as evidence, they shouldn't have bleeped out any words.

And yes, there is at least one instance where the bleeping is falsely inserted @ the 1:30 mark, you can hear him starting to say "what you're sssss[BLEEP]ing" but the text on screen says "what you're F*CKING saying."

Since you haven't read the book and are not interpreting in the context it's intended, and using it to justify your own opinions, there is a difference.

When I am at work, I don't walk into a meeting and drop f-bombs everytime I turn around.

So when Putin doesn't do what McCain wants him to do or differ from his opinion, is he going to stomp out of the summit yelling, "Motherf*cker!"

That's the difference in McCain's temper/professionalism vs. Obama's personal memoirs and his struggles to grow up being bi-racial.

I don't have to read a whole book to read one racist sentence.

And I don't agree with what McCain did either. I think it's very tacky.

Hell, I hate both of them and think the country is screwed either way.

Here's the tape without the curses stuck in.... people are so gullible.....

YouTube - John McCain Losing His Cool

The editing of the curse words was piss poor, but the sheep will all believe, and then mock the other sheep as sheep
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Thank, Witch.
    "You can really tell the people who believe all the soundbites they hear without really investigating the issues"
    Oh, the irony of that statement. hahahaha

Okay, my bad, this was posted on another forum which I assumed had investigated as there were no posts re. this being a fake. I know, assumed, ass u & me. I've learned my lesson and I humbly apologize to all McCainers for posting this. But I still don't like McCain, and he DOES have a bad temper.

McCain has serious anger issues--curse words or not. There is plenty of footage of him on the internet showing him getting pissed off and acting like a jerk. Oh yeah, I want him as my president
    What I really want to know is whether it makes your poop glow in the dark after eating it! ~ Kittylady

Thank you for posting the actual tape with no bleeps. I suggest the title of this thread be changed as well. Just because we support a different side does not mean the truth can be stretched until it is unrecognizable. I realize this was done while under a false impression,not to be mean.
    On a personal note, temper bedamned-I do not want a milk toast running the country. They had better show some passion and fire about their beliefs.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie View Post
    You can really tell the people that refuse to listen to anything negative towards Obama. It's funny.
    i listen to a lot of talk radio, and almost all of the stations here in San Diego (and of course Dennis Miller) are anti Obama. they bash him like they are getting paid by McCain to do it.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

John McCain's temper is well documented. He's called opponents and colleagues "shitheads," "assholes" and in at least one case "a fucking jerk."

But a new book on the presumptive Republican nominee will air perhaps the most shocking angry exchange to date.

The Real McCain by Cliff Schecter, which will arrive in bookstores next month, reports an angry exchange between McCain and his wife that happened in full view of aides and reporters during a 1992 campaign stop. An advance copy of the book was obtained by RAW STORY.

Three reporters from Arizona, on the condition of anonymity, also let me in on another incident involving McCain's intemperateness. In his 1992 Senate bid, McCain was joined on the campaign trail by his wife, Cindy, as well as campaign aide Doug Cole and consultant Wes Gullett. At one point, Cindy playfully twirled McCain's hair and said, "You're getting a little thin up there." McCain's face reddened, and he responded, "At least I don't plaster on the makeup like a trollop, you cunt." McCain's excuse was that it had been a long day. If elected president of the United States, McCain would have many long days.
    The man who was known as "McNasty" in high school has erupted in foul-languaged tirades at political foes and congressional colleagues more-or-less throughout his career, and his quickness to anger has been an issue on the presidential campaign trail as evidence of his fury has surfaced.

As Schecter notes, McCain's rage is not limited to the political spectrum, and even his family cannot be spared the brute force of his anger.

Schecter, who also blogs at The Agonist, said in an interview the anecdote is "an early example of his uncontrollable temper." In the book he outlines several other examples of McCain losing his cool and raises the question of how that would affect a McCain presidency.

What should voters make of this pattern? In February 2008 Tim Russert succinctly described McCain on MSNBC's Morning Joe. A devilish grin spread from ear to ear as Russert, no McCain hater, leaned forward and spoke in a whisper, "He likes to fight." Russert got it right. But the big question isn't whether McCain likes to fight: it's who, when, and how.
    The exchange between McCain and his wife was not reported anywhere when it happened, Schecter said (a LexisNexis database search confirms this). In 1992, McCain's mention in the national media revolved mostly around his involvement in the Keating Five scandal, and only local reporters closely followed his re-election bid.

McCain is well known for his rapport with the national media covering his presidential bid (he's jokingly referred to the press as "my base"), but Schecter said this incident was buried not out of fealty to the Arizona senator. Rather, it was uneasiness about how to get such a coarse exchange into a family newspaper, and he didn't fault the local press for not covering the incident.

"Members of the media are squeamish covering stuff like this so they let it go," Schecter told RAW STORY in an interview Monday. "Back in '92, when people use naughty words, [reporters] don't know as much what to do with it."

Much has changed since then. President Bush's reference to a New York Times reporter as a "major league asshole" was reported in at least 47 newspapers during the 2000 campaign, when the off-color remark was overheard, according to a database search. And more than a dozen newspapers have reported Dick Cheney's recommendation that Sen. Patrick Leahy "fuck yourself."

McCain and his aides have brushed off suggestions that his temper could impede his ability to perform the sometimes-delicate tasks asked of a president. The candidate was asked about his legendary temper last week on "Fox News Sunday," where he cited his ability to work "across the aisle" while in the Senate.

"You can't scare people or intimidate them if you're going to reach agreement with your colleagues and your contemporaries And I've worked hard at that, and that's what the American people want," McCain said. " The second thing is if I lose my capacity for anger, then I shouldn't be president of the United States. ... When I see the waste and corruption in Washington, I get angry."

McCain's campaign did not return a call from RAW STORY seeking comment Monday morning.

Schecter says McCain's anger is much more than a passion for the issues. One can only imagine what would happen if McCain were to try to squeeze that temper into the tight confines of diplomacy.

"The public certainly has to know what this guy might do as president," Schecter says. Examples like the ones in his book "should worry people, quite frankly."

The Raw Story | Book: McCain temper boiled over in '92 tirade, called wife a 'cunt'

In interviews with Salon this week, several experienced military officers said McCain draws mixed reviews among military leaders, and they expressed serious doubts about whether McCain has the right temperament to be the next president and commander in chief. Some expressed more confidence in Obama, citing his temperament as an asset.

It is not difficult in Washington to find high-level military officials who have had close encounters with John McCain's temper, and who find it worrisome. Politicians sometimes scream for effect, but the concern is that McCain has, at times, come across as out of control. It is difficult to find current or former officers willing to describe those encounters in detail on the record. That's because, by and large, those officers admire McCain. But that doesn't mean they want his finger on the proverbial button, and they are supporting Clinton or Obama instead.

"I like McCain. I respect McCain. But I am a little worried by his knee-jerk response factor," said retired Maj. Gen. Paul Eaton, who was in charge of training the Iraqi military from 2003 to 2004 and is now campaigning for Clinton. "I think it is a little scary. I think this guy's first reactions are not necessarily the best reactions. I believe that he acts on impulse."

"I studied leadership for a long time during 32 years in the military," said retired Air Force Maj. Gen. Scott Gration, a one-time Republican who is supporting Obama. "It is all about character. Who can motivate willing followers? Who has the vision? Who can inspire people?" Gration asked. "I have tremendous respect for John McCain, but I would not follow him."

"One of the things the senior military would like to see when they go visit the president is a kind of consistency, a kind of reliability," explained retired Gen. Merrill McPeak, a former Republican, former chief of staff of the Air Force and former fighter pilot who flew 285 combat missions. McPeak said his perception is that Obama is "not that up when he is up and not that down when he is down. He is kind of a steady Eddie. This is a very important feature," McPeak said. On the other hand, he said, "McCain has got a reputation for being a little volatile." McPeak is campaigning for Obama.

Stephen Wayne, a political science professor at Georgetown who is studying the personalities of the presidential candidates, agrees McCain's temperament is of real concern. "The anger is there," Wayne said. If McCain is the one to answer the phone at 3 a.m., he said, "you worry about an initial emotive, less rational response."

Most recently, Wayne has been studying Clinton's personality. "I just gave a presentation on Hillary's temperament for the presidency. I came to the conclusion that it is not really a good presidential temperament, with one caveat -- if you compare it with McCain's."

Military leaders on John McCain's temperament | Salon News

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    Thank you for posting the actual tape with no bleeps. I suggest the title of this thread be changed as well. Just because we support a different side does not mean the truth can be stretched until it is unrecognizable. I realize this was done while under a false impression,not to be mean.
    On a personal note, temper bedamned-I do not want a milk toast running the country. They had better show some passion and fire about their beliefs.
    Thanks for suggesting that, I changed the title. I suppose "losing his cool" is accurate.
    And I agree with you, stretching the truth is wrong. I would have never posted this had I known. Next time, I'll research first.

Thanks to all who dug to the bottom of this and to those who had the courage to accept the tape was wrong.

McCain is crazy. That psycho look on his face says it all. He shouldn't have his hand near the red button.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie View Post
    ^ I read the whole article, I don't care to read his book.
    How can you form an accurate opinion about a book based on an editorial article written about a book?

^ I wasn't trying to make and accurate opinion about the book. I was making a statement about a sentence in a book.

It's like Michael Richard's. I don't have to hear his whole stand up just know his little N word tirade was wrong now do I?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information