Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 106

Thread: John McCain has 13 CARS

  1. #46
    Silver Member betagrl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    306

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    Grimm is well versed in our political system and I usually agree with his views. Howver, the way he presents himself is not always the best. There are those who refer to Obama as an elitist but I hear more comments from people about how turned off they are to Obama because those who support him act as if they are superior and engage in attacks on their intelligence. When people feel bullied they cease to listen and any valid points trying to be made are lost. These bully attacks are costing Obama votes.
    Honestly, I wouldn't be looking to gossip sitesfor my source of information on how to vote in this election. There are far more serious things to be offended about than what some anonymous poster on the internet has to say about you.

  2. #47
    Elite Member Grimmlok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    In WhoreLand fucking your MOM
    Posts
    55,372

    Default

    When is "seeing the obvious" somehow "elitism"?
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

  3. #48
    Elite Member sluce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Top Secret Spy for Leann Rimes
    Posts
    37,330

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by betagrl View Post
    Honestly, I wouldn't be looking to gossip sitesfor my source of information on how to vote in this election. There are far more serious things to be offended about than what some anonymous poster on the internet has to say about you.
    I am not referring to a gossip site. I am referring to the general public. There are Obama supporters who act as is others are intellectually inferior if they are not supporting Obama. They are causing more harm to Obama than good.

    Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    When is "seeing the obvious" somehow "elitism"?
    It's all in the presentation Grimm. When you need to put others down when trying to make your point you lose.
    Last edited by Tati; September 23rd, 2008 at 10:23 PM.

  4. #49
    Elite Member cupcake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Tampa Bay florida
    Posts
    4,804

    Default

    its immaturity..Who else here stoops to that level to try to make a point?
    My grace is sufficient for you, for my my strength is made perfect in weakness...I love you dad!
    Rip Mom

  5. #50
    Elite Member Grimmlok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    In WhoreLand fucking your MOM
    Posts
    55,372

    Default

    Yeah sorry, a stupid decision based on factually incorrect assumptions is still stupid.

    Maybe if people weren't so stupid they'd know that
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

  6. #51
    Gold Member eeyore0101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    987

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cupcake View Post
    its immaturity..Who else here stoops to that level to try to make a point?

    AMEN!! And no one else is allowed to stoop to that level here or they get a warning.

    Whatever. Name calling and bullying is its own brand of stupidity and the majority of people know that, so it backfires anyway.

    If I were Obama I woould prefer that only people who can be inclusive, tolerant of ideas that may differ from their own, and can refrain from childish name calling to stand up for me and discuss my views. THAT'S the way to win more votes from the undecided.

    Quote Originally Posted by SSDiva View Post
    Who's American Dream? Because, most folks WORK HARD everyday to try and achieve it... Not inherit, or marry into it!! I'm sorry 'my friend,' but that isn't HARD WORK!!

    But what if I work my ass off to make tons of money? Obviously I will want to pass it on to my heirs. Somehow it's wrong for them to inherit the fruits of my labor? And for someone they marry to share in it too? When people inherit, its usually due to someone's hard work somewhere down the line.
    Last edited by Tati; September 23rd, 2008 at 10:23 PM.
    Is it Happy Hour yet?

  7. #52
    Elite Member Grimmlok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    In WhoreLand fucking your MOM
    Posts
    55,372

    Default

    I dunno, I think taking 8 years of mindnumbing skullfuckery to get a clue is being very frigging generous.

    Really.

    8 years.

    8 years and people still want more.

    Now you explain to me how that IS NOT stupid. Please. I invite anybody to try.

    Quote Originally Posted by eeyore0101 View Post
    But what if I work my ass off to make tons of money? Obviously I will want to pass it on to my heirs. Somehow it's wrong for them to inherit the fruits of my labor? And for someone they marry to share in it too? When people inherit, its usually due to someone's hard work somewhere down the line.
    Not THEIRS.
    Last edited by Tati; September 23rd, 2008 at 10:23 PM.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

  8. #53
    Gold Member eeyore0101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    987

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    Not THEIRS.
    So if your parents were rich, you'd turn down that inheritance? Because it wasn't YOUR hard work?

    Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    I dunno, I think taking 8 years of mindnumbing skullfuckery to get a clue is being very frigging generous.

    Really.

    8 years.

    8 years and people still want more.

    Now you explain to me how that IS NOT stupid. Please. I invite anybody to try.

    Nobody is saying WHETHER its stupid or not, you're not understanding the point that calling people names will never get any one's point across intelligently and provide valuable information of any sort.

    It's not the facts themselves, its the presentation (or lack thereof).
    Last edited by Tati; September 23rd, 2008 at 10:24 PM.
    Is it Happy Hour yet?

  9. #54
    Silver Member betagrl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    306

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eeyore0101 View Post
    Nobody is saying WHETHER its stupid or not, you're not understanding the point that calling people names will never get any one's point across intelligently and provide valuable information of any sort.

    It's not the facts themselves, its the presentation (or lack thereof).
    I just think this whole discussion is a bit surreal. This is a gossip site. Have you read any of the posts on these boards? The whole point of the site is to provide a forum to say mean things about people - usually celebrities - you don't even know and who have done nothing to you!

    I'm so confused or is it just that it's acceptable for people to say horrible things about celebrities and their appearances, but it's not okay to call people out on their irrational thinking and posting information that is factually inaccurate?

    While I don't at all believe belittling people will ever win you votes, why is that standard being held for posters on this particular forum? I'm not trying to defend anyone, but I'm finding this line of reasoning a bit weird.

  10. #55
    Elite Member Grimmlok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    In WhoreLand fucking your MOM
    Posts
    55,372

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eeyore0101 View Post
    So if your parents were rich, you'd turn down that inheritance? Because it wasn't YOUR hard work?
    No, but i wouldn't be whining my rich little silver spoon mouth off over having to pay my fair share of taxes for money i didn't lift a finger to earn.

    Quote Originally Posted by eeyore0101 View Post
    Nobody is saying WHETHER its stupid or not, you're not understanding the point that calling people names will never get any one's point across intelligently and provide valuable information of any sort.

    It's not the facts themselves, its the presentation (or lack thereof).
    I decline to care. Facts are immutable. Presentation shouldn't have a bearing on whether to vote for the guy holding a gun to their head or not.

    If they can't make a decision based on facts, then they have no business voting in the first place, and should probably be quarantined to some sort of island holding facility for re-Neducation.
    Last edited by Tati; September 23rd, 2008 at 10:24 PM.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

  11. #56
    Elite Member Fluffy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    5,600

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by betagrl View Post
    I'm so confused or is it just that it's acceptable for people to say horrible things about celebrities and their appearances, but it's not okay to call people out on their irrational thinking and posting information that is factually inaccurate?
    Exactly.

  12. #57
    Silver Member crawdad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    276

    Default

    Most of the "facts" are as reliable as fannie and freddies accounting. Also, I was unaware of any testing procedures of the facts before casting a vote.

  13. #58
    Elite Member dexter7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    2,458

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by betagrl View Post


    I'm so confused or is it just that it's acceptable for people to say horrible things about celebrities and their appearances, but it's not okay to call people out on their irrational thinking and posting information that is factually inaccurate?
    .
    you are mistaking your opinions for facts. and there is a big difference between insulting/name-calling a celebrity and doing so to a poster here. duh.

  14. #59
    Elite Member Rica's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    3,308

    Default

    The US tends to think it runs the world. Therefore who will become the possible next president IS for the world to decide. They spend all their time trying to rule the rest of the world, but if someone outside america voices their opinion about how the USA should be run, they get told to shut up?

    No matter where someone lives, if they have a deep and detailed knowledge of a subject, as Grimm does about US politics, then they have ever right to voice an opinion.

    I may not know much about US politics, but damn its being pushed onto me through the media here and I rarely watch tv. (Here being Australia).

    And I know that this is McCain's money, though he didnt earn it himself, just married into it, he is wasting it. No one needs 7 houses. No one needs 13 cars. What a waste of resources in day to day bills for one thing. Pick a place and live there. If youre not near your house, rent an apartment or go to a hotel. Probably cheaper then to buy 6 more houses.
    It's his money, but he is wasting it. This leads me to make the judgement that IF he becomes president, he will waste the money of the entire country.

  15. #60
    Elite Member dexter7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    2,458

    Default

    ^^^rica, i have noticed that you are fond of nicole kidman. how many houses/vehicles do you think she owns???

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 7
    Last Post: August 21st, 2008, 05:03 PM
  2. Replies: 8
    Last Post: July 8th, 2008, 11:32 AM
  3. John Cusack takes on John McCain in political ad
    By mrs.v in forum Latest Gossip
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: June 13th, 2008, 03:47 PM
  4. Barack Obama criticizes John McCain on Senate floor, McCain hits back hard
    By witchcurlgirl in forum U.S. Politics and Issues
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: May 26th, 2008, 09:32 PM
  5. Barack Obama/John F. Kennedy vs. John McCain/Barry Goldwater
    By Fluffy in forum U.S. Politics and Issues
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: May 26th, 2008, 12:29 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •