Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 78

Thread: John McCain is a fucking IDIOT *SEE VIDEO HORROR*

  1. #46
    Elite Member NicoleWasHere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    kcmo
    Posts
    14,469

    Default

    If people want to vote for McCain, fine. But keep in mind, you're voting for that Palin, instead, because she WILL become the president, if they won. There's no question about it. Age is just a number, yes, but when it comes to a 72 year old man with a history of fairly major health problems, just face it: he's NOT a spring chicken, anymore. It doesn't matter if his mom is still alive in her 90s, that doesn't always mean the same for the kids. It doesn't matter if YOU have a relative who's lived forever; they're not running for president, so it doesn't matter, people could really care less.

    McCain will be out of comission, probably within the next two years, with two major factors looming over his head: alzheimers, cancer, or both. A man with so many health problems should NOT be president. It's a very stressful job, the fate of the WORLD rests on his shoulders. We don't need another fuck up in office. I DO NOT want a person with alzheimers disease anywhere NEAR the red button.

    It's NOT ageism, in this case. It MIGHT have been ageism when Ronald Reagan came along, but not this time. When Reagan came into office, as far as I know, he was in great shape, and very healthy. That's why he was able to overcome being shot so fast. McCain, though... what if HE got shot? Would he be able to go back to work within a few months of that happening? No. The shot very well may kill him, even if it isn't in a vital spot. The man JUST ISN'T HEALTHY ENOUGH TO SERVE OUR COUNTRY!

    But, if you want to vote for McCain anyway, that's your problem. Have fun dealing with another four years of Bush, have fun dealing with the idea that McCain will die in office, and also, have a TON of fun dealing with Ms. Caribou Barbie, who was barely able to keep Alaska a'float, with her stupidity.

  2. #47
    Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    you already know.
    Posts
    44,439

    Default


  3. #48
    Elite Member HWBL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    23,990

    Default

    Watching that video is totally depressing. Not just because we
    see an aging (or old) man clenching his teeth through questions
    he doesn't want to or can't answer. Not just because he's old
    and has health issues.
    But because of his sheer determination to do anything, say
    anything to sacrifice his country's and the world's stability
    for the benefit of his own, final, ambition and vanity.
    It's sickening.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

    ***** celeb

  4. #49
    Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    you already know.
    Posts
    44,439

    Default

    ^ omg i totally agree
    disgusting.

  5. #50
    Elite Member bychance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    5,299

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hotncmom View Post
    That is scary. He rambles on almost incoherently. He can't even make sidestepping the questions look smooth and polished. He definitely doesn't have the mental acuity I would hope the leader of the U.S. would have.
    I feel the same. He is in no healthy condition to lead, it makes me sad. Putting him into office will only put added pressure and stress.

  6. #51
    Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    you already know.
    Posts
    44,439

    Default

    yeah, i hate to say it as not to piss off any of the elderly members on here, but he is past the retirement age which is the retirement age for a reason perhaps? ....

  7. #52
    Elite Member witchcurlgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Acerbia
    Posts
    34,697

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    Here's what I find so interesting about these cries of 'ageism' against poor John McCain. Wasn't it McCain that kept saying that Obama was 'too young' to be president? So, wouldn't that be ageism, too? Or is it only ageism when it's directed at McCain?
    no that would be ageism as well...

    too inexperienced would be a fair claim, but too young would not



    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.


    If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

  8. #53
    Elite Member bychance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    5,299

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AliceInWonderland View Post
    yeah, i hate to say it as not to piss off any of the elderly members on here, but he is past the retirement age which is the retirement age for a reason perhaps? ....
    I agree. On top of that, what he's been through, he should be relaxing now.

    [youtube]YJ-7vUWOdME[/youtube]

    [youtube]UTgcz95Xe5U[/youtube]

    and

    [youtube]_KjsEs46C70[/youtube]

  9. #54
    Elite Member kingcap72's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    10 miles from Pootie Tang
    Posts
    21,909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    no that would be ageism as well...

    too inexperienced would be a fair claim, but too young would not
    So where was the outcry about McCain's 'ageism' toward Obama? Especially since Obama hasn't made McCain's age an issue the way McCain made his age an issue. And then McCain undercut his own argument on age, and experience, with Sarah Palin.

  10. #55
    Elite Member witchcurlgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Acerbia
    Posts
    34,697

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    So where was the outcry about McCain's 'ageism' toward Obama? Especially since Obama hasn't made McCain's age an issue the way McCain made his age an issue. And then McCain undercut his own argument on age, and experience, with Sarah Palin.

    I've heard more 'not experienced enough' from McCain, rather than 'too young'. I'll have to Google......



    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.


    If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

  11. #56
    Elite Member RevellingInSane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Where Being PC is understood as a fault!
    Posts
    11,591

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cynic View Post
    Just like all bigots none of you even sees the stereotyping in your remarks......ageism, every single one of those comments can apply to people in their 40's as well as their 70's......
    If you are going to call someone a bigots, you should be able to prove it, which you have failed miserably in doing. You are the one making assumptions and applying labels which do not fit.

    His age is not the issue. His health is the issue. My grandparents, great-grandparents, and other family members survived into their nineties. They did not have his history. No one is saying anyone McCain's age should be discriminated against. This is the observations of one man who will be a powerful force in the world.

    He has had cancer. He seems confused, which could be a sign of a mental disorder or age related dementia. If Obama had high blood pressure, a history of cancer, and the attention span of a gnat in need of ritalin, I would question him as well.

    This man is nothing more than an applicant for a job. This is the interviewing process. If it is too difficult for him, he definitely doesn't qualify for the job.

    Quote Originally Posted by cynic View Post
    Then what is the difference between Biden's age and McCain's age?...if you have an issue with one, then you SHOULD have an issue with an other....unless you are so sure to vote because of race that you would vote for ANYONE Obama picked.....
    A seventy year old with an age appropriate health record is not the same as a seventy year old with numerous serious health problems in the past. Actually, his cancer history and apparent conversational issues are not the most questionable for me. He was a POW. Unless you have personally spent time with someone suffering from PTSD, you would not know that in public they can function like everyone else. When the episodes appear, they are not stable, and some are quite dangerous.

    Quote Originally Posted by cynic View Post
    ....who said I was?......I just don't favor standing by and allowing ageism to be assumed to be based on fact when it is all based on the same ignorant fears as racism is.....
    It is not ageism. If he did not want every aspect of his life scrutinized, he should have stayed home. No one forced him to campaign.

    There are no ignorant fears here. If your stance has any basis at all, I ask why was Dubya's alleged drinking and drug use as a young man, brought up during his campaign? Why were Clinton's extramarital activities investigated?

    Age and health are off limits, yet drinking and marital woes aren't? No. If you put yourself behind that podium, you open your life to the world.

    Maybe the age issue hits close to home? Tough. There are some positions that are just too strenuous for people of a certain maturity, mental state, or physical state. The presidency is one of them.



  12. #57
    Elite Member nana55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    dreaming about being on a lake in Ontario
    Posts
    4,084

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cynic View Post
    ...and my Grandfather lived to be 95 and sharp as a tack....so fucking what?
    And my dad died at 63, my mom at 57, my sister at 62, my brother at 62 also. None died at 44 though. Ageism is not the same as racism, we will all get old and die, if we are lucky we will all get old. McCain is already old, now the dying part comes.
    If I can't be a good example, then let me be a horrible warning.

  13. #58
    Elite Member Mr. Authority's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Royal Oak,MI
    Posts
    4,631

    Default

    John McCain is a fucking IDIOT
    Hell I did'nt need a video to tell me that.

    But yes judging by the video, McCain is just senile and burnt out. He won't provide change that a "Maverick" will bring. He's just a old fogey, yeah I said it. He's an OLD FOGEY! Call it ageism but he's not fit to run for anything with his ideals and old timey opinions.

  14. #59
    Elite Member Penny Lane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Over the hills and far away
    Posts
    21,646

    Default

    I'm sorry but I think this is an utterly fallacious argument. I have no qualms with older people, but the reality is that this guy-- this 72 year old man with a history of health problems not to mention the fact that he's gone through a lot of shit that might start to have effects on his mental well being and cognitive abilties-- will be in charge of 300 million+ people. My grandmother just turned 82 and I've come to accept that her time with us is limited. It's a fact of life.. she's older than McCain, but she doesn't have a history of cancer, potential sources for PTSD, and a bad temper which might affect her blood pressure, now does she?

    Cynic, I respect you, but your argument doesn't hold up against these concerns.

  15. #60
    Silver Member crawdad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    276

    Default

    wtf If all you have to hang your hat on is this man's age then give up. Maybe he does have health problems, what does that mean. No one can predict how long how many years he has left. The fact just might be that one or two years with him would be better than 4-8 years with anyone else. Given that much time Palin will have more experience than Obama has now.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. John McCain and Sarah Palin to continue campaigning together
    By Belinda in forum U.S. Politics and Issues
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: September 11th, 2008, 09:55 AM
  2. John McCain & Sarah Palin's blatant lie about Obama
    By ManxMouse in forum U.S. Politics and Issues
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: September 8th, 2008, 06:17 PM
  3. Replies: 17
    Last Post: September 3rd, 2008, 08:51 PM
  4. Barack Obama and John McCain answer questions at religious forum
    By kingcap72 in forum U.S. Politics and Issues
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: August 17th, 2008, 04:20 AM
  5. Replies: 7
    Last Post: June 3rd, 2008, 03:47 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •