Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: John McCain attending debates tonight

^^ This is just sickening to me. I cannot believe that people like this still walk the face of the earth.

I wasn't going to type a word about the location of tonight's debate. Since it has been brought up, let's go there.

Ole Miss is in the heart of a land that seems to be regressing. I was in that area several weeks ago and was appalled at how much ignorance I encountered from all cultures.

Do not be fooled by Mississippi's attempts to hoodwink the rest of the country. Do keep in mind the Ole Miss Rebels are still alive and well. Robert Khayat may believe Mississippi has changed. It is no crime to be delusional. The only change is that it is now illegal to do what was done fifty years ago. Asinine behavior has to be more subtle.

I was wondering when the hate would rear its ugly head. In a state that still has Klan rallies and marches, did anyone really expect a presidential debate to only bring out those who are fruit borne from family trees with branches?

There are a growing number of people in Mississippi who are progressive, decent, and peaceful people. We don't make the news because we do not stir up enough controversy to send ratings through the roof.

McCain may once again play second place to a bigger attention grabber.

There is a reason events, such as this, were never held in Mississippi. As much as I hope the people in the state can remember their manners and behave, I have to be realistic and take into account what has been done in the past. I will not bet on it happening.

^I noticed that all of the debates are in the eastern half of the country. None were scheduled in the west.

Every time I read about those stupid men and women wearing their bedsheets over their heads with holes cut into the eyes looking like ghosts I just think OH GO AWAY ALREADY.

What is the point of them marching/appearing anyway? Are they going to try and scare Obama away? Please.

Et al, I hope all the stupids 'zomg stop using the race card!!!!11' in denial that prejudice still exists can gawk all they want at this news. Yes it's real and still around.

I think Mississippi will do VERY well.

About the debate-this is what I want to see:

McCain-apologize for this on/off debate stuff we all suffered through. I suppose an appology for Sarah Palin is out of the question.

Obama-stop say "uh" constantly and show some gumption. Get riled up. Show some passion about this country,damnit.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

^Obama CAN'T get riled up, and you know why. Being in Mississippi makes it only worse.

While he does say 'uh' sometimes, it doesn't really bother me. I like someone who thinks before he speaks I forgot where I heard that joke from, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by bychance View Post
    ^Obama CAN'T get riled up, and you know why. Being in Mississippi makes it only worse.
    He had better not come off as Cool Hand Luke. Laid back can be perceived as uninterested. Just how does being in Mississippi make it worse ??
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    I think Mississippi will do VERY well.

About the debate-this is what I want to see:

McCain-apologize for this on/off debate stuff we all suffered through. I suppose an appology for Sarah Palin is out of the question.

Obama-stop say "uh" constantly and show some gumption. Get riled up. Show some passion about this country,damnit.
    As a Mississippian, I hope everyone behaves. If even one troublemaker puts in an appearance, it will make us all look collectively foolish. After all these years, I am tired of a small number of idiots making everyone in the state look like idiotic inbreds.

McCain-Explain your wishy-washiness and pick a stance that you will actually stick to for more than seven days.

Obama-Brush off your shoulders, remain poised, and do get a bit of fire in your speaking. Do not take any bait thrown by the other guy.

Quote Originally Posted by bychance View Post

While he does say 'uh' sometimes, it doesn't really bother me. I like someone who thinks before he speaks I forgot where I heard that joke from, lol.
    I'd rather here a well thought response after "uh", than an incoherent rant at the speed of light.

He had better not come off as Cool Hand Luke. Laid back can be perceived as uninterested. Just how does being in Mississippi make it worse ??
    Let's see, Mississippi is notorious for its regressive thinking. Idiots with ignorant agendas love to come out and play when there is a guaranteed audience. Overt racism is not only alive in Mississippi, but also, quite blatantly practiced, and dare I say, accepted, in certain areas. If they think calling their teams the Rebels is socially acceptable in 2008, that isn't saying much for that area.

Quote Originally Posted by RevellingInSane View Post
    As a Mississippian, I hope everyone behaves. If even one troublemaker puts in an appearance, it will make us all look collectively foolish. After all these years, I am tired of a small number of idiots making everyone in the state look like idiotic inbreds.

Let's see, Mississippi is notorious for its regressive thinking. Idiots with ignorant agendas love to come out and play when there is a guaranteed audience. Overt racism is not only alive in Mississippi, but also, quite blatantly practiced, and dare I say, accepted, in certain areas. If they think calling their teams the Rebels is socially acceptable in 2008, that isn't saying much for that area.
    I am sorry you use a few to comdemn the whole state-you just said it was a small number! Mississippi has had a lot of self serving twits yak up front,but none of the decent people I know and love are like that. N-O-N-E.
    That team has had a lot of various colors on its football line up ,some on nice scholorships, but a LOT paying full price. It is an OLD name & doesn't seem to bother the students.
    Having said that, we all attend Mississippi State. Go Bulldogs!

Gosh, I wish humans had tails, if only so we could see John McCain's tucked between his legs as he walks up to the podium on the debate stage.

Approximately 45 minutes until the debates...

^^ I know I am staying up to watch it

I am sorry you use a few to comdemn the whole state-you just said it was a small number! Mississippi has had a lot of self serving twits yak up front,but none of the decent people I know and love are like that. N-O-N-E.
    That team has had a lot of various colors on its football line up ,some on nice scholorships, but a LOT paying full price. It is an OLD name & doesn't seem to bother the students.
    Having said that, we all attend Mississippi State. Go Bulldogs!
    I am not condemning the whole state. This is one problem I have noticed within Mississippi. Having actually lived outside the borders of the state, I realized that many have misconceptions based on the vocal few.

I have said the number who are extremely ignorant is smaller than it seems. That does not include those who are subconsciously participating in ignorant, albeit less blatant, behavior. The few I referred to are the ones who knowingly plan to cause dissent, division, and controversy, especially in a public venue. None of the decent people I know and love are like the "twits" referred to.

Of course they don't mind having minorities on the football team. They want to win and will allow anyone who can help achieve that goal to play! Have you looked at the NFL?

I prefer the Bulldogs myself.

Rev was saying that not all Mississippians are like whatever racist idiots plan on pulling a stunt at the debate.

Unfortunately, the sane, well-behaved people won't get the attention, it's the moron everyone will look at.

Quote Originally Posted by lurkur View Post
    Rev was saying that not all Mississippians are like whatever racist idiots plan on pulling a stunt at the debate.

Unfortunately, the sane, well-behaved people won't get the attention, it's the moron everyone will look at.
    Like that one obese woman with her hair in curlers saying "Yes-it was a spaceship. I seen it"!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information