Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: John Edwards caught with mistress and love child!

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by Incognito View Post

Hit By Ban Bus!

Wolfson: Edwards' Cover-up Cost Clinton the Nomination

Aides Say She Would Have Won Iowa if Edwards Affair was Exposed

By BRIAN ROSS and JAKE TAPPER

August 11, 2008—

Sen. Hillary Clinton would be the Democratic presidential nominee if John Edwards had been caught in his lie about an extramarital affair and forced out of the race last year, insists a top Clinton campaign aide, making a charge that could exacerbate previously existing tensions between the camps of Clinton and Sen. Barack Obama.

"I believe we would have won Iowa, and Clinton today would therefore have been the nominee," former Clinton Communications Director Howard Wolfson told ABCNews.com.

Clinton finished third in the Iowa caucuses barely behind Edwards in second place and Obama in first. The momentum of the insurgent Obama campaign beating two better-known candidates -- not to mention an African-American winning in such an overwhelmingly white state -- changed the dynamics of the race forever.

Obama won 37.6 per cent of the vote. Edwards won 29.7 per cent and Clinton won 29.5 per cent, according to results posted by the Iowa Democratic Party.

"Our voters and Edwards' voters were the same people," Wolfson said the Clinton polls showed. "They were older, pro-union. Not all, but maybe two-thirds of them would have been for us and we would have barely beaten Obama."

Two months earlier, Edwards had vociferously, but falsely, denied a story in the National Enquirer about the alleged affair last October, and few in the mainstream media even reported the denial.

The lie "certainly had an impact on the election," Wolfson said.

Former Clinton adviser James Carville told "Good Morning America" that Wolfson's comments are just speculation.

"My instinct tells me she probably would have done better if Senator Edwards wouldn't have been on the ballot," said Carville. "But that wasn't the circustances at the time. I think Howard is fine in engaging in this kind of speculation, but it doesn't really mean very much."
    Wolfson said the Clinton campaign was aware of the issue, but did not try to fan the flames.

"Any of the campaigns that would have tried to push that would have been burned by it," said Wolfson.

But he says he is mystified about the failure of the national media to pursue the story as it has allegations of other candidates' affairs.

"I can't say I understand the rules of the media and I'm not sure they do either," he said.

Wolfson's suggestion comes at a delicate time in negotiations between the Clinton and Obama camps, as the Obama campaign decides whether the convention later this month should feature a roll call vote allowing Clinton's delegates to voice their enthusiasm for their candidate. Many Clinton supporters are already resentful of Obama, whom they see as having only won the nomination with the support of a sexist media and Democratic establishment. Wolfson's argument that these same players helped keep Edwards in the race, thus hurting Clinton -- a highly debatable contention -- will likely only fan the flames of Democratic division.

Wolfson's contention is not shared by the Obama campaign, whose officials never bought the argument that Clinton was the second choice of Edwards voters. Immediately after Edwards dropped out of the race at the end of January, Obama won eleven straight contests in a row.

And Clinton's steadfast refusal to say she regretted her vote to authorize use of force in Iraq -- unlike Obama, who always opposed the war, and Edwards, who said his vote for war was a mistake -- turned off many anti-wars liberals in Iowa, who make up a disproportionate number of caucus goers.

In May 2007, Mike Henry, then Clinton's deputy campaign manager, thought the terrain so hostile to Clinton he wrote a memo to "propose skipping the Iowa caucuses and dedicating more of Senator Clinton's time and financial resources on the primary in New Hampshire on January 22, the Nevada caucus on January 19, the primaries in South Carolina and Florida on January 29, and the 20 plus state primaries on February 5th."

There was no comment from the Obama campaign.

Click Here for the Investigative Homepage.

ABC News: Wolfson: Edwards' Cover-up Cost Clinton the Nomination

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

^ oh man, she's gonna have him killed one way or the other. the clintons have had tons of ppl "suicided"

Quote Originally Posted by Incognito View Post
    Wolfson: Edwards' Cover-up Cost Clinton the Nomination

Aides Say She Would Have Won Iowa if Edwards Affair was Exposed

By BRIAN ROSS and JAKE TAPPER

August 11, 2008—

Sen. Hillary Clinton would be the Democratic presidential nominee if John Edwards had been caught in his lie about an extramarital affair and forced out of the race last year, insists a top Clinton campaign aide, making a charge that could exacerbate previously existing tensions between the camps of Clinton and Sen. Barack Obama.

"I believe we would have won Iowa, and Clinton today would therefore have been the nominee," former Clinton Communications Director Howard Wolfson told ABCNews.com.

Clinton finished third in the Iowa caucuses barely behind Edwards in second place and Obama in first. The momentum of the insurgent Obama campaign beating two better-known candidates -- not to mention an African-American winning in such an overwhelmingly white state -- changed the dynamics of the race forever.

Obama won 37.6 per cent of the vote. Edwards won 29.7 per cent and Clinton won 29.5 per cent, according to results posted by the Iowa Democratic Party.

"Our voters and Edwards' voters were the same people," Wolfson said the Clinton polls showed. "They were older, pro-union. Not all, but maybe two-thirds of them would have been for us and we would have barely beaten Obama."

Two months earlier, Edwards had vociferously, but falsely, denied a story in the National Enquirer about the alleged affair last October, and few in the mainstream media even reported the denial.

The lie "certainly had an impact on the election," Wolfson said.

Former Clinton adviser James Carville told "Good Morning America" that Wolfson's comments are just speculation.

"My instinct tells me she probably would have done better if Senator Edwards wouldn't have been on the ballot," said Carville. "But that wasn't the circustances at the time. I think Howard is fine in engaging in this kind of speculation, but it doesn't really mean very much."
    Wolfson said the Clinton campaign was aware of the issue, but did not try to fan the flames.

"Any of the campaigns that would have tried to push that would have been burned by it," said Wolfson.

But he says he is mystified about the failure of the national media to pursue the story as it has allegations of other candidates' affairs.

"I can't say I understand the rules of the media and I'm not sure they do either," he said.

Wolfson's suggestion comes at a delicate time in negotiations between the Clinton and Obama camps, as the Obama campaign decides whether the convention later this month should feature a roll call vote allowing Clinton's delegates to voice their enthusiasm for their candidate. Many Clinton supporters are already resentful of Obama, whom they see as having only won the nomination with the support of a sexist media and Democratic establishment. Wolfson's argument that these same players helped keep Edwards in the race, thus hurting Clinton -- a highly debatable contention -- will likely only fan the flames of Democratic division.

Wolfson's contention is not shared by the Obama campaign, whose officials never bought the argument that Clinton was the second choice of Edwards voters. Immediately after Edwards dropped out of the race at the end of January, Obama won eleven straight contests in a row.

And Clinton's steadfast refusal to say she regretted her vote to authorize use of force in Iraq -- unlike Obama, who always opposed the war, and Edwards, who said his vote for war was a mistake -- turned off many anti-wars liberals in Iowa, who make up a disproportionate number of caucus goers.

In May 2007, Mike Henry, then Clinton's deputy campaign manager, thought the terrain so hostile to Clinton he wrote a memo to "propose skipping the Iowa caucuses and dedicating more of Senator Clinton's time and financial resources on the primary in New Hampshire on January 22, the Nevada caucus on January 19, the primaries in South Carolina and Florida on January 29, and the 20 plus state primaries on February 5th."

There was no comment from the Obama campaign.

Click Here for the Investigative Homepage.

ABC News: Wolfson: Edwards' Cover-up Cost Clinton the Nomination
    Howard Wolfson is smoking crack, Edwards and Obama split votes between them, they would have went to Obama! All the numbers say so!
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Btw, a Clintonista owns the Enquirer... just sayin...
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Sen. Hillary Clinton would be the Democratic presidential nominee if John Edwards had been caught in his lie about an extramarital affair and forced out of the race last year, insists a top Clinton campaign aide,
    Here we go again. Now it's John Edwards' fault that Hillary lost? Next, it'll be Al-queda's fault that Hillary lost. Or maybe the Tooth Fairy? At what point does Hillary get blamed for losing, because she made too many costly mistakes? You know, like refusing to admit she made a mistake voting for the war and blatantly lying about being under gunfire in Bosnia.

Plus, Obama won Iowa, Edwards came in second, and Hillary a distant third. Hillary would have come in 2nd place if the affair had come out.
    Last edited by kingcap72; August 11th, 2008 at 06:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    Here we go again. Now it's John Edwards' fault that Hillary lost? Next, it'll be Al-queda's fault that Hillary lost. Or maybe the Tooth Fairy? At what point does Hillary get blamed for losing, because she made too many costly mistakes? You know, like refusing to admit she made a mistake voting for the war and blatantly lying about being under gunfire in Bosnia.

Plus, Obama won Iowa, Edwards came in second, and Hillary a distant third. Hillary would have come in 2nd place if the affair had come out.
    And I suppose you blame Obama for everything people in his campaign say?

Quote Originally Posted by betagrl View Post
    And I suppose you blame Obama for everything people in his campaign say?
    Did I say that Hillary was to blame for what this guy said? Did I imply that she was to blame for what he said? No, I didn't.

What I said was when does Hillary get blamed for losing the campaign, instead of people constantly trying to place the blame elsewhere? Two different things.

Hit By Ban Bus!

EDWARDS' CRUEL WIFE JAB: REPORT

By DAN MANGAN

August 20, 2008

John Edwards assured his mistress that they'd be together after his cancer-stricken wife died, according to a new bombshell report.

Just before the former presidential contender confessed his adultery to ABC News on Aug. 8, he secretly flew Rielle Hunter and her 6-month-old child, Frances Quinn, from California to the US Virgin Islands, according to the National Enquirer, which first exposed their affair.

And after the interview, in which he denied loving Hunter or fathering the baby, he called her to say, "We'll be together when Elizabeth is gone," the tabloid reported.

For her part, Hunter bragged that Edwards is "a real good lover," the Enquirer said.

And after she joined him in New Orleans in 2006 for the official launch of his candidacy - which Elizabeth skipped - Hunter told a pal that "it was one of the happiest nights of her life," according to the Enquirer.

"She felt like she was his first lady," the tabloid reported, quoting a source.

The Enquirer, citing sources, also reported that 55-year-old Edwards:

* Slept with Hunter the night they met in a New York City bar in 2006.

* First told Hunter, 44, he loved her during a trip to Africa. "I broke down in tears," she told a friend.

* Flew to Boston on the same plane with 59-year-old Elizabeth and Hunter, who was the campaign videographer, right before his wife learned of the affair.

* Said he "wouldn't hear of" an abortion after he impregnated Hunter in 2007.

EDWARDS' CRUEL WIFE JAB: REPORT - New York Post

Hit By Ban Bus!

JOHN EDWARDS BLOCKBUSTER NEW EXPOSE!

The NATIONAL ENQUIRER’s exclusive ongoing investigation uncovers shocking new revelations about The John Edwards Scandal!

The day prior to Edwards bombshell admission to an affair on ABC’s Nightline, Rielle Hunter and her 6 month old daughter, Frances Quinn Hunter, were flown out of the US onboard a chartered Learjet.

The private cost $50,000 and was paid for by Edwards’ pals. The Hunters were the solo passengers aboard the eight-hour flight.

Destination: St. Croix in the Islands!

THE ENQUIRER tracked Rielle to St. Croix where our reporters discovered Rielle and the baby stayed in a luxurious oceanfront home owned by controversial trial lawyer Lee Rohn, another close friend of Edwards.

When visited by an ENQUIRER reporter on August 15, Rohn snapped a terse “No comment!” when questioned about Hunter.

Former Virgin Island Senator Anne Golden confirmed to THE ENQUIRER that “within 24 hours of their arrival that they were here and staying with Lee Rohn.”

After the ENQUIRER discovered Rielle’s hideaway with Rohn, she was moved to a motel on the island before returning to Santa Barbara on August 17 according to another source.

An ENQUIRER reporter then saw Rielle back in her California home, which is being paid for by Edwards’ former finance chairman Fred Baron.

And Rielle now has an off-duty police officer guarding her house.

None of this is paid for by Rielle. The money continues to come from Edwards’s network of loyal supporters, with no explanation from Edwards why he is having his friends continue to support Rielle now that the affair has been made public.

Edwards is not only aware of the hush money payoffs but orchestrated it with his team of former campaign advisors and now The ENQUIRER has discovered that a team of six more lawyers have been involved in the coverup and are funneling payments to Hunter, who has no money and no means of support.

The ENQUIRER has also learned that Hunter's own lawyer advised her to allow Edwards to take a paternity test but she refused out of misguided belief that Edwards will marry her after the death of his cancer-stricken wife Elizabeth.

The ENQUIRER’s continuing blockbuster investigation also reveals the disgraced ex-senator is still in constant communication with his mistress!

ALSO revealed in The ENQUIRER’s new issue are the shocking intimate details of the Edwards- Hunter Affair from First Encounter to numerous secret rendezvous even after Edwards admitted the affair to his wife Elizabeth!

A friend of Rielle’s told The ENQUIRER that when Edwards and Rielle met, “She wanted to pick him up. According to her, the chemistry was instant.

“They ended up sleeping together that night!”

Rielle told her friend that she was hired to shoot behind-the-scenes video for the Presidential campaign because Edwards wanted them to be together.

“A friend kidded her she was actually shooting ‘between-the-sheets’ videos!”

For Rielle’s Story, new details about the coverup, expert analysis of the Edwards/Love Child spy photo and exclusive pictures of baby Frances Quinn Hunter pick up the latest ENQUIRER on sale now!

<b>JOHN EDWARDS BLOCKBUSTER NEW EXPOSE!</b> - Celebrity News | Gossip - National Enquirer

i think that baby does look like him

and WTF i wouldn't take his azz if i were her, he cheated on his dying wife of many years with a skeezy ho like you, what makes u think he's not gonna do the same to you?! u low-class dumbazz bitch! once a cheater, always a cheater. they cross that line and they never come back

I just feel really bad for Elizabeth. What did she do to ever deserve this?

That babys face is as good as a DNA test anytime.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

yeah really, those 2 deserve to die for what they've put elizabeth through right now. i just can't imagine. and his poor other kids! i hope they dont go to public school and hear the things that are going on.

I hope Elizabeth divorces him before she dies. She deserves to die in peace, not as the butt of jokes between an adulterer and his mistress.

A government big enough to give you everything you want,
    is strong enough to take everything you have. ~Thomas Jefferson

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread Information