Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Joe the plumber isn't a plumber, is a tax cheat related to Charles Keating

Quote Originally Posted by cupcake View Post
    If she heard it then she should have said something, I dont condone name calling and she was wrong if she let it go on and did nothing
    I'll give her the benefit of the doubt. Let's assume she didn't hear it at the time. Why then did she not address it at her next rally, or the rally after that? I mean, I joke a little when I say that she doesn't watch the news or read (papers or otherwise), but I'm sure someone in her camp at least told her about it. To me, that speaks volumes about her and their campaign. They don't care what kind of win they get, a win is a win, even if it's coming from racist bigots.

And that joke where McCain corrected that woman came only after the media was saturated with the turn in the tones his rallies had taken. Before everyone was reporting on it, he said nothing. His camp said nothing. So don't try to make it out like they're just lost little lemmings who have no idea what's going on around them and once they found out what was really happening, they started making changes. I call BS on that idea.

These types welcome bigotry and racism and hatred of people who are different than them. They love it. They thrive on it. And they'll use it to their advantage every chance they get until the price becomes too high to bear (being called out on it) and they have to reign it in to save some face. But don't think for one second that any of us believe the tone of their rallies is not 100% intentional and fully supported by them behind the scenes. Like it's all a fucking accident or something. Lord.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."

If she heard it then she should have said something, I dont condone name calling and she was wrong if she let it go on and did nothing
    She still hasn't said anything about it to this day and I don't buy the "she doesn't know what's going on."

Unless you know, she hasn't been reading the papers. She claims to read all major publications so she is informed. Trust me.

Quote Originally Posted by nwgirl View Post
    And that joke where McCain corrected that woman came only after the media was saturated with the turn in the tones his rallies had taken. Before everyone was reporting on it, he said nothing. His camp said nothing. So don't try to make it out like they're just lost little lemmings who have no idea what's going on around them and once they found out what was really happening, they started making changes. I call BS on that idea.
    Well said.

More information on Joe the Plumber

-Lucas County, requires plumbers to have licenses. Neither Wurzelbacher nor his employer are licensed there, said Cheryl Schimming of Lucas County Building Regulations, which handles plumber licenses in parts of the county outside Toledo.

-Wurzelbacher, 34, said he doesn't have a good plan put together on how he would buy Newell Plumbing and Heating in nearby Toledo.

-The business consists of owner Al Newell and him. Wurzelbacher said he's worked there for six years and that the two have talked about his taking it over at some point. "There's a lot I've got to learn," he said.

'Plumber' says he has no plumbing license - The Debates - MSNBC.com

I wonder what the McCain camp thinks of all of this. I'm sure they were planning on using Joe in an ad before this debacle.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    Joe The Plumber is a joke, just like McCain's choice of VP.
    By now, Palin isn't the only joke on that ticket!
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

He doesn't even have a license!

McLiar, liar depends on fire!
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Elite Member

It goes both ways! At Obama rallies they have yelled "Stone her, old school style" and called her a cun* among other things...It isnt right form either side. Name calling is horrible no matter where it is coming from

Where's the tape on this?

I am on Faux News and they are saying Joe is going to appear on the "Huckabee" show this Saturday.

huckabee has a show?wtf?
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    huckabee has a show?wtf?
    ^Yes.
    I'm sure Cupcake knew about it.

Cupcake, the linked article clearly says they were outside a McCain rally...Nobody was inside an Obama rally and screaming that out.

This pudding smells rotten.

'Joe the plumber' and Obama’s tax plan - The Debates - MSNBC.com

MSNBC.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    'Joe the plumber' and Obama’s tax plan
    Turns out, would-be small-business buyer likely wouldn't be affected at all
    NBC News and msnbc.com
    updated 1:54 p.m. PT, Thurs., Oct. 16, 2008

TOLEDO, Ohio - “Joe the plumber,” the new face of middle-class America after Sen. John McCain made him famous in Wednesday night’s presidential debate, isn’t technically a plumber, and he probably wouldn’t be adversely affected by Sen. Barack Obama’s tax plan. But the issues he raises are important and worth examining for their impact on small businesses.

Joe the plumber — Samuel Joseph Wurzelbacher, 34, of suburban Toledo, Ohio — is the first to say that he’s not the story and that no one should listen to him when it comes to tax policy.

“I just hope I’m not making too much of a fool of myself and can get some type of message out there as far as, you know, really watch actions and learn for yourself,” Wurzelbacher said Thursday outside his home. “Don’t take other people’s opinions.”

Wurzelbacher first came to attention over the weekend, when he engaged Obama, the Democratic presidential nominee, in a six-minute discussion of tax policy at a rally in Holland, Ohio. He told Obama that he was a plumber and was hoping to buy his boss’s business, which he said made $250,000 to $280,000 a year. He was concerned, he said, that Obama’s economic proposals would mean he’d be kicked into a higher tax bracket.

Wednesday night, McCain adopted Wurzelbacher as the representative of struggling middle-class Americans, addressing many of his comments directly to “Joe the plumber,” whom he misidentified as “Joe Wurzelburger.”

“The real winner last night was Joe the plumber. Joe’s the man,” McCain said Thursday at a campaign rally in Downington, Pa. “He won, and small businesses won across America. They won because Americans are not going to let Senator Obama raise taxes in a tough economy.”

‘There’s a lot I’ve got to learn’
    Legally speaking, Wurzelbacher isn’t a plumber, because he isn’t licensed by Toledo, Lucas County or the state of Ohio. A representative of the Toledo Building Inspection Division said a plumber must be registered with the state and only then can apply for a city plumbing contractor’s license.

Wurzelbacher said he worked under the license held by his boss, Al Newell of Newell Plumbing and Heating Co. of Toledo. Newell is a licensed plumbing contractor in Toledo, records show. But anyone working under Newell should have a journeyman’s plumbing license or an apprenticeship license, officials said.

Building Inspection officials said Newell was responsible for making sure that anyone working under him was licensed. The Toledo Plumbing Board of Control may consider sanctions against Wurzelbacher or Newell, officials told NBC affiliate WNWO of Toledo.

“There’s a lot I’ve got to learn” about the plumbing business, Wurzelbacher said Thursday.

Wurzelbacher also acknowledged that he had no specific plans for buying Newell’s business, saying he and Newell had simply talked about the idea from time to time. He might have difficulty making the purchase: Court records from his divorce show that Wurzelbacher made $40,000 in 2006.

Even if he did buy Newell Plumbing and Heating, Obama’s tax plan wouldn’t affect him. While Wurzelbacher told Obama that he would be taxed at a higher rate because the company grossed more than $250,000 a year, Ohio business records show the company’s estimated total annual revenue as only $100,000. Actual taxable income would be even less than that.

In any event, Obama’s tax plan specifies that the higher rate would apply only to income above the $250,000 threshold. Assuming Wurzelbacher’s income as owner somehow hit $280,000 — the top end of his supposition of the company’s revenue — only the extra $30,000 would be taxed at a higher rate.

Joe says Obama would be ‘hurting others’

Analysts calculated that the extra tax would amount to $900, which would likely be more than offset by separate provisions of Obama’s plan: a 50 percent tax credit for health care and elimination of the capital gains tax for small businesses.

“I’d have to look at your particular business, but you might end up paying lower taxes under my plan and my approach than under John McCain’s,” Obama told Wurzelbacher during their exchange last weekend.

At the time, Wurzelbacher replied, “Oh, yeah, I understand that.” But by Thursday, he had reconsidered.

“If you believed [Obama], I’d be receiving his tax cuts, but I don’t look at it that way,” he said. “He’d still be hurting others.”

Wurzelbacher, a registered Republican, refused to say whom he would vote for, insisting that “I want the American people to vote for who they want to vote for. I just want them to be informed when they make that vote.”

But he hinted that his choice would be McCain, the Republican standard-bearer, whom he said it would be “an honor” to meet. Asked about other issues by a covey of curious reporters, Wurzelbacher voiced strongly Republican opinions.

“Social Security’s a joke,” he said. “I have parents. I don’t need another set of parents called the government. Let me take my money and invest it how I please.”

On immigration: “I wish our borders were closed.”

And on the war in Iraq, which McCain has strongly supported: “I’m not sorry we’re in Iraq. ... It’s made us safer. I absolutely believe that.”

© 2008 msnbc.com
    URL: 'Joe the plumber' and Obama’s tax plan - The Debates - MSNBC.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MSN Privacy . Legal
    © 2008 MSNBC.com

LOL

I Just read on another board- his Boss may not hold a valid license either. This gets better and better.

Elite Member

Wonder if ole Joe will still vote McCain after McCain's spotlight puts him out of business?

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information