Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Joe Biden puts smackdown on 'Joe the Plumber'

Silver Member

This does sound fishy especially since Joe the plumber doesn't have a plumbing license.

Here's a blog from the Huffington Post about the potential knee deep shit McCain's campaign may be in if this turns out to be true. All the Roto Rooter franchises in the world won't be able to unclog this one, IMO. I also emailed Campbell Brown to ask if it was true that Joe the P was a plant by McShame's campaign this am when I read it. I'm sure CNN's been getting inundated with calls about it since there were many, many people that Obama spoke to besides Joe, and McSplainin kept bringing only him up over and over which made it suspicious, besides incredibly boring. When are the Roveteers going to stop these childish tricks already and call it a day?

BLOG:
    "Who is "Joe the Plumber?" "Turns out that Joe Wurzelbacher from the Toledo event is a close relative of Robert Wurzelbacher of Milford, Ohio. Who"s Robert Wurzelbacher? Only Charles Keating"s son-in-law and the former senior vice president of American Continental, the parent company of the infamous Lincoln Savings and Loan. The now retired elder
    Wurzelbacher is also a major contributor to Republican causes giving well over $10,000 in the last few years." And, Joe the Plumber also lived in Arizona for a time. Maybe he met McCain when he did some work on any of his 13 houses."

See comments in this link, can someone verify?

http://steveyoungonpolitics.com/say-it-isnt-so-joe-wurzelbacher-not-a-real-plumber/

NOTE: Sorry Grimm, I had already posted this here before I saw your thread. Maybe the mod can move it if they want.
    as privileged as a whore...victims in demand for public show, swept out through the cracks beneath the door, holier than thou, how?

Quote Originally Posted by cupcake View Post
    Im sure there aren't any plumbers in Bidens neighborhood. Joe the Plumber as a plumber does not make that kind of money, but when he buys the business he works for when the man retires then he will be making more money as the owner of a company... Just like us, my husband is a homebuilder, we have a company but as a carpenter he would'nt be making $250,000 per year, but as a business owner its attainable. I agree with Joe the Plumber. I understand naturally you go into a higher tax bracket as your earnings go up. But Obama wants to spread that wealth, someone called him Robinhood, sure seems right to me.
    It's nice that you know who lives in Biden's neighborhood. Did Sean Hannity say that on Fake News?

And Obama already stated, more than once, that he's not trying to tax small businesses. And a business that pulls down $250,000 a year isn't a small business.

He doesn't need a license as long as the company he works for is licensed and carries the nessesary insurance, workmans comp etc.
    We have carpenters who work for us, doing plumbing and electrical work and they are not individually licensed
    My aunt had some guy who called himself a carpenter redo her floors and he screwed the job up. Sometimes having a license or certification is a good thing because then you can do a check on the person's work history and experience.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    And Obama already stated, more than once, that he's not trying to tax small businesses. And a business that pulls down $250,000 a year isn't a small business.
    From my other posts, I plainly am voting for Obama. But ... annual business income of 250K does sound small to me. I have a friend whose fine-instrument business nets more than that, and it has fewer than ten employees. For several years I worked for a company with about eighteen employees, and it netted in the neighborhood of 250K annually, and it was definitely considered a small business and couldn't have absorbed any further taxation. (It did eventually go under as the economy weakened under Dubya.) Furthermore, that business had good years and bad years, and in the good years you really needed to set aside whatever cushion you could against the lean times.

Could anyone explain this 250K cutoff point for me? I'm not a businessperson.
    Posted from my fucking iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by Shinola View Post
    From my other posts, I plainly am voting for Obama. But ... annual business income of 250K does sound small to me. I have a friend whose fine-instrument business nets more than that, and it has fewer than ten employees. For several years I worked for a company with about eighteen employees, and it netted in the neighborhood of 250K annually, and it was definitely considered a small business and couldn't have absorbed any further taxation. (It did eventually go under as the economy weakened under Dubya.) Furthermore, that business had good years and bad years, and in the good years you really needed to set aside whatever cushion you could against the lean times.

Could anyone explain this 250K cutoff point for me? I'm not a businessperson.
    Not arguing with you, but I've worked for a few small businesses and none of them ever pulled in close to $250,000. And the people I know who have run small businesses never pulled in that kind of money.

Elite Member

Yep, I know 2 small business owners and they are lucky to pull in $50K a year in revenue, actual profits would be less.

my father in law is a retired plumber and nearly had a fit when he heard about this guy. he said there is NO WAY that guy made a quarter of a million dollars being a plumber, unless he's cheating the government or he owns a chain of businesses.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Hmm. Okay--maybe I'm just confused. As I said, I'm not a business thinker at all. I'll ask some other people about this, too.
    Posted from my fucking iPhone

Im sure there aren't any plumbers in Bidens neighborhood. Joe the Plumber as a plumber does not make that kind of money, but when he buys the business he works for when the man retires then he will be making more money as the owner of a company... Just like us, my husband is a homebuilder, we have a company but as a carpenter he would'nt be making $250,000 per year, but as a business owner its attainable. I agree with Joe the Plumber. I understand naturally you go into a higher tax bracket as your earnings go up. But Obama wants to spread that wealth, someone called him Robinhood, sure seems right to me.
    Cupcake - the company I own bills much more than 250k per year. After all deductions it does not mean the actual profit is more than 250k. Taxes are paid on adjusted income.

I live near Joe Biden. There are plenty of plumber and blue collar people in his "hood". He's an actual man of the people - unlike McCain who lives off his wife's family money and doesn't know how many homes they have.

Elite Member

I heard on TalkLeft this morning that Joe W is not registered to vote in the election. As far as I am concerned, if you're not registered to vote, you dont get to complain about who is running.

^^ I saw that and then saw that he was and is registered as a Republican and voted in the March primary in Ohio.

Joe Wurzelbacher, better known as Joe the Plumber, the nickname Republican John McCain bestowed on him during Wednesday's presidential debate, said he works for a small plumbing company that does residential work. Because he works for someone else, he doesn't need a license, he said.

But the county Wurzelbacher and his employer live in, Lucas County, requires plumbers to have licenses. Neither Wurzelbacher nor his employer are licensed there, said Cheryl Schimming of Lucas County Building Regulations, which handles plumber licenses in parts of the county outside Toledo.
    'Plumber' says he has no plumbing license - The Debates - MSNBC.com
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."

^^ Oh fuck. Hope Mccain doesn't make him and his company go out of business/lose their jobs.

I bet this guy was a plant- just like that black guy at one of the rallies

Quote Originally Posted by cmmdee View Post
    ^^ Oh fuck. Hope Mccain doesn't make him and his company go out of business/lose their jobs.

No McCain's promised to keep him employed in the 11 houses he owns. Has there been a confirmation as to this dude being a relative of Keating? I notice the press is all hesitant to take up this issue - yet they've blown the ACORN thing way out of proportion.
    as privileged as a whore...victims in demand for public show, swept out through the cracks beneath the door, holier than thou, how?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information