Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Joe Biden: Paying higher taxes patriotic for wealthy

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy View Post
    And those countries in NAFTA, such as Canada, are some of the U.S. biggest trading partners. Last I recall, Canada was our largest trading partner. Yes, tariffs still exist but not in the way that they used to. They are not as large or, as Palin would say, as "impactful" as they used to be.

Canada is our biggest partner regarding our exports. They take more of our goods than any other country.

China is the trading partner who we import the most from. We take in more goods from China than anywhere else.

And tariffs are paid by the importer, so we are paying on the Chinese goods we bring in.

In return for us not charging tariffs on Canadian goods, Canada doesn't charge tariffs on US goods. It's a two way street and it opens up the Canadian market for our goods.
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post

Today Palin twisted Biden's quote at a rally in Iowa and said that he 'thinks paying higher taxes is patriotic,' she left off the part about wealthier Americans.
    Palin's a pitbull alright: a rabid bitch!
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Riiiight. Rob the rich to pay for programs that the government can further fuck up. Oh, and pay some lazy ass motherfuckers who'd rather get a welfare check than work.

Way to really promote being successful... 'work for the American dream but we're going to take a bigger piece of your pie and give it someone who doesn't have any pie.' Yep, seems fair.

As for the damn Global Poverty Act, the United States already is the most generous country in the world- because of PRIVATE donations. Its bad enough we give billions to Africa for AIDS and there's absolutely no accountability to see that the money actually goes for the prevention and treatment of the disease. Instead of giving away our hard earned money to foreigners, give it back to the people who earned it so they can use it as they see fit.

A government big enough to give you everything you want,
    is strong enough to take everything you have. ~Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie View Post
    Maybe they could cut out programs and assistance for people that abuse it. Then after all of that is done raise taxes.
    I am sure we could save a ton if we quit supporting all the deadbeats that could work, that won't. Or if we quit supporting children and make their parents actually do it. Or we quit paying outrageous amounts to military contractors. I could keep going...
    You should be Secretary of the Treasury......

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

Quote Originally Posted by tkdgirl View Post
    Riiiight. Rob the rich to pay for programs that the government can further fuck up. Oh, and pay some lazy ass motherfuckers who'd rather get a welfare check than work.

Way to really promote being successful... 'work for the American dream but we're going to take a bigger piece of your pie and give it someone who doesn't have any pie.' Yep, seems fair.

As for the damn Global Poverty Act, the United States already is the most generous country in the world- because of PRIVATE donations. Its bad enough we give billions to Africa for AIDS and there's absolutely no accountability to see that the money actually goes for the prevention and treatment of the disease. Instead of giving away our hard earned money to foreigners, give it back to the people who earned it so they can use it as they see fit.

Yes, things are so bad here, we are heading for a depression.......but lets send that $850 OVERSEAS....

I say put your own house in order

Bronze Member

In my country and I believe in all the Scandinavian countries, taxes are rated by income. The rich people have the highest and the poor ones the lowest. I think the highest you can have is like 60% but wouldn't bet on it. I think it's fair and it should be applied to every country, especially to the "oil countries" where there are few filthy rich people and the rest of the population suffers from poverty.

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

I just cannot get on board with the concept of redistributing wealth. You make your choices and you get what you earn. I should get and keep most of what I earn. I shouldn't be penalized with higher taxes because I didn't drop out of school at 16 to have baby after baby or because I went to college full-time while working 20-30 hrs per week instead of working at the mall and blowing every paycheck on clothes and running up credit cards. People who make 10x what I do shouldn't have to pay more than me, either. I favor a flat tax, period.

I saw Obama refer to this concept as 'neighborly'. No, dumbass, neighborly is what I choose to give to charity, not what you decide I should give to you so you can in turn decide who gets it. That said, I'm also very opposed to the corporate welfare the Repubs are so fond of even though corporations keep sending our good paying jobs (and blue collar factory type jobs) overseas to help someone else's economy.

I'm sick of all of these people.
    Only the good die young.........................
    bitches like me live forever!!!!!!!!!!!!

You cannot be serious with a generalization like that! Do you honestly
    believe that all people on welfare, or on the brink of poverty are lazy ass
    motherfuckers???? Well, I've got news for you: if this financial crisis keeps
    up, a lot of formerly whitebread, taxpaying, law abiding citizens will be on
    welfare. They may go homeless, living off foodstamps because they get
    layed off by no serious act of their own. It could happen to anybody,
    especially after the gross overspending by the Repug administration who
    deemed financing an illegal war more important than providing for its
    own people.

Yeah, rrrrright, and are you now going to claim these donations are
    done by Repugs only?
    The rightwingers are always proudly hammering on the fact they're
    so "christian". Nothing is more an act of Christianity than to help your
    fellow man who is in need and America has never seen its portion of
    needy citizens grow as much as in the past 8 years. AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by HWBL; September 18th, 2008 at 03:34 PM.

***** celeb

Quote Originally Posted by HWBL View Post
    Yeah, rrrrright, and are you now going to claim these donations are
    done by Repugs only?
    The rightwingers are always proudly hammering on the fact they're
    so "christian". Nothing is more an act of Christianity than to help your
    fellow man who is in need and America has never seen its portion of
    needy citizens grow as much as in the past 8 years. AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    So how about we keep the $85O billion that they want to send overseas in the GLOBAL POVERTY ACT and use it for some of those in need here in America?

That's $850 billion back in our coffers, our citizens get help, and no need for more taxes on the wealthy.

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    So how about we keep the $85O billion that they want to send overseas in the GLOBAL POVERTY ACT and use it for some of those in need here in America?

That's $850 billion back in our coffers, our citizens get help, and no need for more taxes on the wealthy.
    Okay, let me get this straight: you have MORE problems with spending
    that amount on poverty in the world than you would have with about
    the same amount THAT WAS ALREADY SPENT on an illegal war?
    Or did you protest that?

Cost of Iraq war.
    Estimated cost of Iraq war.

***** celeb

Quote Originally Posted by coolios5o View Post
    In my country and I believe in all the Scandinavian countries, taxes are rated by income. The rich people have the highest and the poor ones the lowest. I think the highest you can have is like 60% but wouldn't bet on it. I think it's fair and it should be applied to every country, especially to the "oil countries" where there are few filthy rich people and the rest of the population suffers from poverty.
    Also, watched a 20/20 episode that featured how the country whom the citizens rated themselves as the happiest in the World, are also the highest taxed. Denmark. I believe their happiest percentage is 80+%, and their tax rate is between 60-70%. But they have free health care, free education, no crime, little materialism and they are all happy as clams.

Quote Originally Posted by HWBL View Post
    Okay, let me get this straight: you have MORE problems with spending
    that amount on poverty in the world than you would have with about
    the same amount THAT WAS ALREADY SPENT on an illegal war?
    Or did you protest that?

I was against the Iraq war from the start...so I definitely have an issue with what was spent there....but as someone pointed out here, we can't get that money back.

In regard to the $850 billion for Global poverty- we can spend this money on our people, give them what they need. Things are bad here as everyone keeps saying, so let's spend it on Americans in need.

Once we have our house in order, we can help outside places.

Nobody is saying 'rob from the rich.' What people are saying is 'stop robbing the middle class and make the rich start paying their fair share.' For years, the middle class has been shouldering the burden for the poor and the wealthy. Why? Because rich people know how to find the loopholes in the tax laws, so they can pay less taxes or no taxes.

And what do you think all of these bailouts that the government is doing for these companies is? Nothing more than corporate welfare.

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by louiswinthorpe111 View Post
    Also, watched a 20/20 episode that featured how the country whom the citizens rated themselves as the happiest in the World, are also the highest taxed. Denmark. I believe their happiest percentage is 80+%, and their tax rate is between 60-70%. But they have free health care, free education, no crime, little materialism and they are all happy as clams.
    Took the words out of my mouth . Also, very few live on welfare since you just don't get much of it, after rent and bills you barely have money for food.

Yay more money for the military - on top of the bailouts - Congress has approved $612.5 billion defense spending bill for fiscal 2009, including $70 billion for operations in Iraq and Afghanistan.

http://www.alertnet.org/thenews/newsdesk/N17503088.htm

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information