Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Joe Biden calls Sarah Palin out for ignoring psychotic rants at her rallies

Quote Originally Posted by ymeman View Post
    That is exactly what they are, I've been calling her supporters Palinazis from day one, I bet this is why Rove chose her to begin with, to energize the skinhead base of the party.
    But by doing that they may have created a monster that will refuse to die- i wonder if Obama gets elected will we see more domestic terrorism from these freaks?
    It will be change from Islamic terrorism mantra- but I doubt they will call them Christian terrorists

WP: McCain's Chilling Dance With the Dark Side
    Jonathan Capehart

So the McCain camp is trying to raise doubts about Barack Obama -- even though the Illinois senator has been on the national stage for four years and has been under the presidential campaign microscope for the last 20 months. They seem to have no qualms appealing to the cultural fears of their agitated, and now energized, base by practically branding Obama as un-American or anti-American. And this is eliciting an ugliness at McCain-Palin events that is justifiably raising alarms that some nut job is going to act on the Republican ticket's cynical campaigning.

For two days now, there have been stories about boisterous McCain-Palin supporters screaming inflammatory words at the very mention of Obama's name. Words like "terrorist" and "Kill him!" and "treason." And at no point has McCain or Palin called on those folks and others who would imitate them to stop. It reminds me of McCain's laughing response, during the primaries, when a South Carolina supporter asked, in reference to Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton, "How do we beat the bitch?"...

We've seen the destructive power of words. Remember when right-wing elements of the Grand Old Party stoked anti-government paranoia with talk of black helicopters enforcing Washington regulations? The party's blind-eye assent to this ended on April 19, 1995, when Timothy McVeigh and Terry Nichols blew up Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building in Oklahoma City, killing 168 people and injuring more than 800 others. According to a New York Times article that year: "Three specific events confirmed Mr. McVeigh's view of a runaway government out to take his guns: the Ruby Ridge raid (Aug. 22, 1992); Waco (April 19, 1993), and the passage of the Brady Bill in November 1993, mandating a five-day waiting period for the purchase of guns."

Now, I'm not saying that it's wrong to ask questions about Obama's relationship, such as it was, with Bill Ayers. Or with Tony Rezko or with Rev. Jeremiah Wright. Just as it wouldn't be inappropriate to raise questions about McCain's association with G. Gordon Liddy....The candidates' associations with these people, and their responses to questions about them, give you a view into their judgment. But at a time of great economic uncertainty -- so uncertain that the smartest people in the world are scratching their heads about what to do -- whipping up anger rather than reaching for solutions is not what's needed.

In his column today, my colleague Charles Krauthammer writes that Obama's character "remains highly suspect." And he ends by saying, "There is a difference between temperament and character." This past week, by ginning up an anger and resentment on the campaign trail that should leave all with a cold chill running through their bodies, McCain has shown neither presidential temperament nor character.

The New York Daily News reported this week that a "top McCain strategist" said, "It's a dangerous road, but we have no choice. If we keep talking about the economic crisis, we're going to lose."

If they keep doing what they're doing, they'll deserve to lose.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/postpartisan/2008/10/m...
    Even his own advisors are saying this is a shakey strategy!!!

"but we have no choice"

wow, just wow.

Go Biden! McCain and his bitch need to be called out and shown for what they are. They are running quite the racist campaign.

Let's assume this campaign were about race. I have a hard time believing this two represent the best the whites in the country have to offer. Actually, most of the people I know, except the blind military, think she is a disgrace.

WHEN are Mccain and Palinazi going to address this?

Quote Originally Posted by RevellingInSane View Post
    Go Biden! McCain and his bitch need to be called out and shown for what they are. They are running quite the racist campaign.

Let's assume this campaign were about race. I have a hard time believing this two represent the best the whites in the country have to offer. Actually, most of the people I know, except the blind military, think she is a disgrace.
    They should be tarred and feathered and then put to justice in the Wassilia village square!
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Quote Originally Posted by HWBL View Post
    They should be tarred and feathered and then put to justice in the Wassilia village square!
    Wasilla...sounds like the name of a mental institution, doesn't it?

Village! Are they missing an idiot?

I kind of thought dumbya was a bit of a fluke. And now I'm starting to think that dumb is the new right-wing strategy. The only good thing is that Bush is so unpopular that maybe we will be spared a Jeb Bush presidency at some point, which would be great.

Wonder if she beat up or keyed anyone's car for their daughter making cheerleader or first string over one of her oddly named children?? She looks like the type to make Todd do things so she don't get caught. This is so eerily similar to Fargo in so many ways!
    as privileged as a whore...victims in demand for public show, swept out through the cracks beneath the door, holier than thou, how?

Wasilla...sounds like the name of a mental institution, doesn't it?

Village! Are they missing an idiot?
    Well, you saw their townhall! Me thinks their happiness increases by the minute ever since they "sacrificed" their village idiot for the "greater good'.

***** celeb

JOE BIDEN ROCKS MY SOCKS AND IS SEXY AS HELL!!!

[youtube]K5eIWZXakkU[/youtube]

WOW! After rereading the Washington Post article, it is eerily similar to what Hitler did in Germany during the 30's when their economy and nation in general were in the toilet too. Way too similar to not be taken seriously. Think I'll email these comps to every major news media. Ironic King John brought up the holocaust at the last debate as well! He is creepy - Norman Bates style. She's just an idiot!
    as privileged as a whore...victims in demand for public show, swept out through the cracks beneath the door, holier than thou, how?

Quote Originally Posted by bychance View Post
    JOE BIDEN ROCKS MY SOCKS AND IS SEXY AS HELL!!!

[youtube]K5eIWZXakkU[/youtube]
    1. I love his voice!
    2. I loved his remarks about Palin being in 2nd grade when he ran for senator and being in sixth grade when McCain had his last idea

***** celeb

Quote Originally Posted by cmmdee View Post
    A Secret Service spokesperson said on Tuesday that agents were trying to track down more information about the individual who yelled "kill him" during the Palin event in Clearwater, Fl., on Monday.
    Yea, good luck with that. The sick fuck should have been apprehended THEN rather than allowing it to happen to the amusement of others there. They have absolutely no intention of catching this guy, they're just trying to save face.

Too late for that. The ugly face of their campaign has been exposed already.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information