Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jesse Ventura schools Elizabeth Hasselbeck on torture

^^Your brain is working. When exposed Hasselcrackhead's BS, the brain shuts down to prevent injury.

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaMama View Post
    My brain is a little dehydrated today so it's not working at it's best (ok, I'm hungover). But WTF does the recapture of an American citizen from Somali pirates have to do with the torture of captives in US custody? God that woman is so unbelievably unintelligent.
    If you're Hasselcrack it means that if you twist the logic around enough then it's worse than torture, and therefore let's Dubya off the hook.

I love this guy. Why isn't he in office anymore?

Also what's up with his party-in-the-back hairdo? The Mr.Clean look was much more becoming.

I kind of like the Miami Vice look on him... he looks like a blast. Take that, Hasseltwat.

Quote Originally Posted by RevellingInSane View Post
    ^^Your brain is working. When exposed Hasselcrackhead's BS, the brain shuts down to prevent injury.
    See that makes much more sense.

I saw part of this episode live and he was awesome when he wasn't serving this bitch. I like him!

Torture = enhanced interrogation techniques. How about rape as "non compliant sexual gratification"! Would that be legal too?

Quote Originally Posted by Mivvi21 View Post
    Hasselbeck is so damn stupid. She buys into every right wing catch phrase ever imagined. It's not "enhanced interrogation techniques",dumbass. It's torture.

I promise you she would change her small little mind if she were the one being waterboarded. It's like being slowly drowned to death.
    I know!

I love the fact the View has kept Hasselcrackhead on the air. I never want her to leave.

She exposes the irrational thought, I use that term loosely, the ultra right wing freaks are destined to wallow in for the rest of their useless lives. Expose them.

Since semantics change the true nature of the act, murder would be post birth abortion?

I'm still trying to find any link, regardless of how ridiculous, between pirates kidnapping someone and the US waterboarding POIW's. The I is for illegal.

Quote Originally Posted by bychance View Post
    Torture = enhanced interrogation techniques. How about rape as "non compliant sexual gratification"! Would that be legal too?
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Gosh she's beyond stupid.

"Yes torture is wrong but enhanced interrogation techniques are not."

Jesse Ventura is the shit.

I love the fact the View has kept Hasselcrackhead on the air. I never want her to leave.

She exposes the irrational thought, I use that term loosely, the ultra right wing freaks are destined to wallow in for the rest of their useless lives. Expose them.

Since semantics change the true nature of the act, murder would be post birth abortion?

I'm still trying to find any link, regardless of how ridiculous, between pirates kidnapping someone and the US waterboarding POIW's. The I is for illegal.
    The sad thing is all of the right-wing conservatives I know fall into the same category as Hasselcrack. They believe all of the right-wing catchphrases and spout them off without any hesitation.

But that's the problem with hardcore conservatives and hardcore liberals, they only see the world from one perspective, and never the bigger picture. Everything is black and white, with no shades of gray.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    The sad thing is all of the right-wing conservatives I know fall into the same category as Hasselcrack. They believe all of the right-wing catchphrases and spout them off without any hesitation.

But that's the problem with hardcore conservatives and hardcore liberals, they only see the world from one perspective, and never the bigger picture. Everything is black and white, with no shades of gray.
    What is even more disheartening is those of us who are firmly in the middle are hated by both groups. Our refusal to take choose a side and stick with it, whether right or wrong, makes us the targets of both.

What is even more disheartening is those of us who are firmly in the middle are hated by both groups. Our refusal to take choose a side and stick with it, whether right or wrong, makes us the targets of both.
    Yup. Those of us in the middle are seen as indecisive and not able to pick a side. Forget the fact that being more moderate means you can see both sides of the argument, even if you agree with one over the other.

That's why liberals are so pissed with Obama. They thought he was a hardcore liberal, but if they had been paying attention during the campaign they would've seen that he wasn't a hardcore liberal. Which I'm happy about. I don't think a president should be a hardcore conservative or a hardcore liberal, because you can't effectively govern from one side or the other. Because most people fall somewhere in the center politically, leaning conservative or liberal on specific issues.

Yep. Its actually fascinating to watch. My parents are hardcore Republicans, I mean hardcore. I'm an Independent and its putting a strain on our relationship, thats how ridiculous it is. It seriously seems like they have little grasp on reality, it makes me question their mental health. Seriously, they act like everything was all rainbows and puppies up until January of this year. And then, all of a sudden, the shit hit the fan. The economy was good in December, in January when Obama took office, suddenly it was catastrophic. Honestly, thats how they think. I can't talk to my mom at all now without her bitching about how the country has gone to hell, how everything is wrong with the economy, etc. When I talked to her last Thanksgiving, everything was all good. But she will never, ever say that any of what is happening today was the fault of the Republican party. No way, its all because of the bailouts, and the "supposed" tax increases, etc.. Because all of this happened in the last few months. Its actually really mentally exhausting, the really bizarre part is that she believes it. Anything that Obama does, anything, she criticizes. Obama could rescue a child who was about to drown by scaling down a ladder secured to Air Force One, and my mom and (especially) my dad, would be like "why did he go down that ladder so quickly? Why did he grab that child that way? He's way too rough with that child, booo." I'm so exhausted. And I'm sure there are liberals the same way, I just haven't had those personal experiences. It just seems like anything Obama does, even eating mustard, is criticized. Its crazy. Because I guarantee you, I GUARANTEE YOU, if Obama had sanctioned torture, my parents would be all over him like white on rice, calling for his impeachment. But since it was Bush, it was necessary and it was "enhanced interrogation techniques."
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

Elite Member

Yup. Those of us in the middle are seen as indecisive and not able to pick a side. Forget the fact that being more moderate means you can see both sides of the argument, even if you agree with one over the other.

That's why liberals are so pissed with Obama. They thought he was a hardcore liberal, but if they had been paying attention during the campaign they would've seen that he wasn't a hardcore liberal. Which I'm happy about. I don't think a president should be a hardcore conservative or a hardcore liberal, because you can't effectively govern from one side or the other. Because most people fall somewhere in the center politically, leaning conservative or liberal on specific issues.
    See...now that's where I disagree with you King. I fully admit before typing this that I am as dark blue left as it is possible to be. After 8 years of W/Cheney/Rummy/GOP control of the Senate...I really wanted someone who would address the far right/neocon legislation passed during the last 8 years. I didnt want a middle of the road split the difference type. I wanted a Democrat with a capital D. But once he was the candidate, I had to get behind him. Really...what was the option? McCain/Palin? Not likely.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information